The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gnome :)
I'm from England so it's different here. I think you send the certificated of all the exams you put on UCAS. For me that was GCSEs and AS levels.

Ok thanks, that'll be my standard grades and highers then :smile: so just them, nothing else like birth certificates or anything? (Not sure why they'd want stuff like that but just making absolutely sure!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 41
Original post by RavenclawRiver
Ok thanks, that'll be my standard grades and highers then :smile: so just them, nothing else like birth certificates or anything? (Not sure why they'd want stuff like that but just making absolutely sure!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think so, presume we'll have to at some point as proof of nationality/identity/residency etc but I think it's just exam certificates for now :smile:
Don't think so, presume we'll have to at some point as proof of nationality/identity/residency etc but I think it's just exam certificates for now :smile:

Ok, thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
How do we send them the certificates? Do we scan them and then forward them to EUCLID or do we do it another way?
Reply 44
Went to the Physics applicant day today which was fantastic, much better then Glasgow Uni's, came straight home and firmed Edinburgh! My 10 year old sister who came along with my parents asked if she can firm when she gets home for Astrophysics LOL :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by leah_morgan
How do we send them the certificates? Do we scan them and then forward them to EUCLID or do we do it another way?

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/my-offer/undergraduates/certificate-checking

I just attached them to a reply message to the message they sent me on EUCLID
Reply 46
Firmed for Law (LLB) :smile:
Reply 47
firmed for french and politics :smile:
Original post by leah_morgan

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/my-offer/undergraduates/certificate-checking

I just attached them to a reply message to the message they sent me on EUCLID

Yep. Post copies if you like (or fax them - but who has access to a fax machine these days?). But the easiest/safest way is to scan them and attach them onto the message requesting them in euclid. Was good enough for them back in 2007 too!
Firmed for French a couple of weeks ago! :biggrin:
anybody else out there?
Reply 50
Firmed for English Lit and History! :smile: anyone else?
Firmed for Archaeology and Social Anthropology.
Reply 52
Firmed for Computer Science.
Reply 53
Firmed for computational physics :smile:
Reply 54
Firmed for Italian! :smile:
Reply 55
Firmed for History and Politics, planning on getting into writing and journalism in the long run. So excited about going to uni that my hands appear to have the shakes, making this post incredibly difficult to type... :biggrin: Any other History and Politics folk out there?
Reply 56
Original post by GDewar
Firmed for History and Politics, planning on getting into writing and journalism in the long run. So excited about going to uni that my hands appear to have the shakes, making this post incredibly difficult to type... :biggrin: Any other History and Politics folk out there?

I'll be firming for Politics & Sociology so quite similar!
Still waiting for Warwick though, I am seriously considering withdrawing my application. Do you think that the later you apply for accommodation the smaller the chance that you will be given your first choice?
Reply 57
Original post by GDewar

I'm history and English, which history course(s) do you think you'll do? :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by forever888
Do you think that the later you apply for accommodation the smaller the chance that you will be given your first choice?

Nope :smile: As long as you apply before the deadline (in June I think? Can't remember!)
Reply 59
Original post by forever888
I'll be firming for Politics & Sociology so quite similar!
Still waiting for Warwick though, I am seriously considering withdrawing my application. Do you think that the later you apply for accommodation the smaller the chance that you will be given your first choice?

Original post by sarzed
I'm history and English, which history course(s) do you think you'll do? :smile:

Yeah, I noticed your earlier post, Sarzed, and thought it sounded pretty close to the route I want to take. I'm thinking about doing European history (either 1500-1789 or 1789-1989), what about yourself? :smile:

I think Gnome's right, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's soon-ish. Politics and Sociology is pretty close too! You'll have social and political theories bursting out of your ears by the time you've finished. :P Have any career path in mind or are you just really interested in social science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending