The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipoop
They were struggling until he came on :pierre: He had an impact, he even more or less made that goal :pierre:

Meh id say the goal got the urgency back to Barcelona besides a holding up the ball pretty well and a few nice passes was not influential. Didn't track back either.
**** football and footballers. Overpaid scum propped up by overpriced tickets and television subscriptions guzzled up by underbrained masses.
Original post by The Mad Dog
**** football and footballers. Overpaid scum propped up by overpriced tickets and television subscriptions guzzled up by underbrained masses.

Lool, this comment will get a lot of hate :teehee:

But yeah, footballers get paid ridiculous sums of money :yep: And some (not all) football supporters are troglodytes :lol: I think everyone has come across those men who can only talk about football and nothing else :grumble:
Original post by The Epicurean

But yeah, footballers get paid ridiculous sums of money :yep: And some (not all) football supporters are troglodytes :lol: I think everyone has come across those men who can only talk about football and nothing else :grumble:

:fuhrer: anyone who reads a post by me about football should expect it to be a mouthing off, I rarely talk positively about it. Yes, I've come across those men thinking of them makes me :mad:. :fuhrer:
:fuhrer: anyone who reads a post by me about football should expect it to be a mouthing off, I rarely talk positively about it. Yes, I've come across those men thinking of them makes me :mad:. :fuhrer:

I fully respect your opinion, I see exactly where you're coming from. :pierre:

However it is bloody entertaining! :gah:
Reply 9785

Footballers are not overpaid btw, they are paid what the market wishes to pay them because there is **** loads of money in the market :pierre:
I refer to you to an article I wrote two years ago :ahee:

Le iPoop of article

Original post by ipoop
Footballers are not overpaid btw, they are paid what the market wishes to pay them because there is **** loads of money in the market :pierre:

Le iPoop of article

Did you read my entire post. I ranted against the whole overly costly market chain, not just the end salary of players. Whilst you're points are valid if I was just ranting against footballers wages I was ranting against the whole football market and it's money chain.
Original post by ipoop

Lool, that is a lot to read right now >_< If you send it to me another day I will be more the willing to read it :h: But am a bit tired now. But I think we will disagree on a lot.

I believe in teh famous quote of Marx "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". They don't 'need' that money. If anything, the money footballers get paid show how inefficient the market is. The fact that in this country a few footballers can make millions kicking a ball, and people living up North struggle to make their living from day to day because there is such high unemployment. I say tax the living daylight out those footballers :pierre:

Have you ever read The Spirit Level? If not, I would recommend reading it :yep: And also I think it would be the best way to explain my personal views regarding footballers wages :yep:
Reply 9788
Did you read my entire post. I ranted against the whole overly costly market chain, not just the end salary of players. Whilst you're points are valid if I was just ranting against footballers wages I was ranting against the whole football market and it's money chain.

I did read it all, I think the article covered that(?) :erm: I do know what you mean, that is why i personally do not complain about their wages or the market... Yes they are stupid to be so heavily in debt - some not all - but "at the end of the day" :mmm: (Footballers love that don't they? :mmm:) they are careless because people still flock in a **** loads of their money on tickets, merchandises etc... :yep:
Original post by ipoop
I'm guessing there is a pm of yours I haven't replied to yet :mmm:

kinda I guess but I wasnt really expecting a reply :mmm:
Reply 9790
Lool, that is a lot to read right now >_< If you send it to me another day I will be more the willing to read it :h: But am a bit tired now. But I think we will disagree on a lot.

I believe in teh famous quote of Marx "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need". They don't 'need' that money. If anything, the money footballers get paid show how inefficient the market is. The fact that in this country a few footballers can make millions kicking a ball, and people living up North struggle to make their living from day to day because there is such high unemployment. I say tax the living daylight out those footballers :pierre:

Have you ever read The Spirit Level? If not, I would recommend reading it :yep: And also I think it would be the best way to explain my personal views regarding footballers wages :yep:

The Spirit Level, got it.. I needed a new book anyway :h:

Of course they don't "need" that much, no one "needs" that much... But I'll have you know, actors make far more than footballers.. So can do musicians... Beyonce supposedly made some $40 Mills last year, for entertaining, which is what football is to some...So yes, it's not "morally right" that some people earn bazillions but they have worked hard for it, and I say kudos to them...
Original post by ipoop
I did read it all, I think the article covered that(?) :erm: I do know what you mean, that is why i personally do not complain about their wages or the market... Yes they are stupid to be so heavily in debt - some not all - but "at the end of the day" :mmm: (Footballers love that don't they? :mmm:) they are careless because people still flock in a **** loads of their money on tickets, merchandises etc... :yep:

But the whole point is that the monetising and rampant capitalism in football that allows Mike Ashley and other greedy bastards to exploit people's boring predictability and over-reliance on a single and, in my opinion, absolutely god-awful sport is the issue. Obviously the real solution is for people to stop buying into it but people are too thick to do that because they want to watch grown men play with their balls for entertainment.
are having disscusion that i cant be bothered to read
Original post by ipoop
The Spirit Level, got it.. I needed a new book anyway :h:

Of course they don't "need" that much, no one "needs" that much... But I'll have you know, actors make far more than footballers.. So can do musicians... Beyonce supposedly made some $40 Mills last year, for entertaining, which is what football is to some...So yes, it's not "morally right" that some people earn bazillions but they have worked hard for it, and I say kudos to them...

You might not like the books views :mmm: But yeah, at least you can know now whether you hate my political views or not :lol:
Lol, I am the opposite and don't need a new book. I am currently part way through like 8 books :colonhash: I am a bit ADD with things >_>

But footballers don't get paid for working hard. Otherwise people who clean toilets and jobs like that would also be millionaires >_< What sort of society do we live in when people who do some of the most important jobs (cleaning) get paid some of the lowest wages. Okay, there is little training and almost anyone can do cleaning but it is such a vital and unappreciated job. It takes someone like Florence Nightingale to come along and make people realise how important the role of a cleaner is :yep:
^ Same :nothing:
It's a tarp!
see you guys :wavey:
What the heck is a tarp?
Reply 9798
Trap* im guessing :dontknow;

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've nearly finished the thread! :woo:

Who'll be writing the OP on the new one? :biggrin:

Latest