The Student Room Group

Women only carriages on trains

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hannahchan

It just entices perverts really as they know women will be there.

There should be a perverts only carriage...
Reply 41
Original post by kunoichi
The quickest and easiest way is being done by these countries where there is a problem - namely separate carriages. Why should this (very simple) method of prevention not be used.

Better that they can solve what is a relatively easy problem on trains quickly and then focus on other things, than just push it to the bottom of the pile.

Implying separate gender carriages is a quick and easy solution (hint: why don't you fund it?).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by CJKay
Implying separate gender carriages is a quick and easy solution (hint: why don't you fund it?).

Quicker and easier than changing the mindsets of the thousands of people who think its perfectly fine and normal to grope people isnt it?

And you wouldn't necessarily need more carriages - you're just separating passengers who would already be on that train, not adding extra people.
Reply 43
Original post by the bear
There should be a perverts only carriage...

There should be a fat people ESP girls only carriage

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess they would be good because it would lower the chances if rape and the mugging of defenceless old ladies. Plus it will make them feel safer. Say for example you are a pregnant woman. Do you really want your unborn baby to be in an environment of sweaty men with coughs an colds along with a load of rowdy teenagers, topped of with a bunch of angry, possible drunk, football fans who lost a game? I don't think so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
they probably have them in japan because on japanese public transport women get groped the **** out of. No need here in the UK.
Reply 46
I agree for places where there is a high rate of risk for women going on the same train as men to be harmed in some way but we don't need that in every single country. Then what about buses? Making some women only as well? Or areas in the city also some women only?
why do u want women only carriages?

give me reasons?
A private business should be allowed to discriminate against anyone at any time for any reason or no reason at all; it's called free trade.

I personally think the idea of women-only carriages would be a bit silly (is there much demand for that? I'm not so sure) but I don't at all think it should be prohibited; nobody has the right to train travel so it would be silly to prevent a train company from deciding who it offers services to.
Reply 49
I saw a video off a disgusting japanese fella who was mouth to mouth resuscitating a girl who couldnt breathe in the outdoors outside a shop and he casually took out her breast and started sucking on it. What a dick! If I lived there I'd probably want my own carriage too. But stuff like that don't happen here (not that i know off) so it'll just be an unnecessary hassle.
Shouldn't men get their own carriages too? I don't see how the carriages will do much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending