The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Cornwall Campus: Older Students?

I'm going to Exeter in September to study Zoology at Cornwall Campus and was wondering if there were any older students, I'll be 23 by then and I'm a little worried that everyone will be younger than me!

Scroll to see replies

I have an offer for English and History at Cornwall that I'm seriously considering whilst waiting to still hear back from my last 2 universities. I'm 26 so I wouldn't worry :P
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I will be studying my MSc for Conservation and Biodiversity. I am 26. :smile:
Reply 3
I wouldnt worry, I am 37 and doing Beng Mining engineering in September, so you definately will not be alone as a mature student. Wish i was 23 lol!!!!!!!
Reply 4
I will be going to Exeter to study MSc Advanced Civil Engineering. I am 37 years old.
Reply 5
Thanks for all the replies everyone :smile: I'm glad there will be other older students there, I was a bit worried because of the small campus. I've done freshers once before and wasn't too excited about doing it all over again with people a lot younger.
I've since found out a girl I went to school with is doing her MSc in Conservation at Exeter too :smile:
Original post by Rhianna22
I'm going to Exeter in September to study Zoology at Cornwall Campus and was wondering if there were any older students, I'll be 23 by then and I'm a little worried that everyone will be younger than me!

Eeeeeeee. Ill be studying Animal Behaviour and i shall also be 23!! :biggrin:
You doing student accom or private? x
Reply 7
Original post by Bodger & Badger
Eeeeeeee. Ill be studying Animal Behaviour and i shall also be 23!! :biggrin:
You doing student accom or private? x

Cool! :biggrin: I was thinking private but I haven't really had an extensive look yet, you? x
Cool! :biggrin: I was thinking private but I haven't really had an extensive look yet, you? x

Nope, i'ts on the bottom of my mahoosive long list of things to get done! :frown:

Where are you coming from? x
Reply 9
Nope, i'ts on the bottom of my mahoosive long list of things to get done! :frown:

Where are you coming from? x

Are you looking at private or uni accommodation? Aahh, tell me about it! Student finance is my biggest stress at the mo.
South Wales, yourself?
Are you looking at private or uni accommodation? Aahh, tell me about it! Student finance is my biggest stress at the mo.
South Wales, yourself?

I still haven't decided! I need to make friends and all that jazz and like the odd night out every now and then but dunno whether i'm gonna cope with 18 year olds haha.
Ugh god I know.. so much to do so little time aaaahhhh.

Ah south wales where abouts? I'm from west midlands near Birmingham :smile:
Will be heading into student accom wherever I end up, have to get that university experience!

Some places do try to match mature students but doesn't really bother me too much either way
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
I still haven't decided! I need to make friends and all that jazz and like the odd night out every now and then but dunno whether i'm gonna cope with 18 year olds haha.
Ugh god I know.. so much to do so little time aaaahhhh.

Ah south wales where abouts? I'm from west midlands near Birmingham :smile:

Haha same, I've been to uni once so I've done the whole freshers, being drunk in lectures, getting woken up at all hours by noisy flatmates. As much as I loved it, once was enough!

I'm from a small place called Beaufort, about an hour from Cardiff. I have cousins who live close to Birmingham :smile:

Do you have Facebook or Twitter or something? Maybe you could message me your name and we could talk more on there :smile: x
Original post by Desperate Dan
Will be heading into student accom wherever I end up, have to get that university experience!

Some places do try to match mature students but doesn't really bother me too much either way

Have you decided on which uni your going to yet? I'm seriously considering student halls and just may have to bring extra ear plugs with me lololol
Have you decided on which uni your going to yet? I'm seriously considering student halls and just may have to bring extra ear plugs with me lololol

I'm still waiting to hear back from Cardiff so I'm not forced to make my final decision just yet! They asked for a piece of work a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since.

Based on the offers I currently hold it's really between York and Exeter at the moment. York have only made me an offer for single honours History however and I am trying to persuade them to reconsider or to look at other options (such as electives or taking history modules that support a strong literature emphasis).

Exeter however have offered me what I want to study and I really like the laid back, informal, artsy sort of vibe I get. On the other hand York's History department did make a really good impression in the webchat they hosted to offer holders and one of the lecturers invited me to email and discuss my options further.

It's a little up in the air atm :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Desperate Dan
I'm still waiting to hear back from Cardiff so I'm not forced to make my final decision just yet! They asked for a piece of work a few weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since.

Based on the offers I currently hold it's really between York and Exeter at the moment. York have only made me an offer for single honours History however and I am trying to persuade them to reconsider or to look at other options (such as electives or taking history modules that support a strong literature emphasis).

Exeter however have offered me what I want to study and I really like the laid back, informal, artsy sort of vibe I get. On the other hand York's History department did make a really good impression in the webchat they hosted to offer holders and one of the lecturers invited me to email and discuss my options further.

It's a little up in the air atm :P

Ooh i'm glad i'm the not the only one who hasn't firmed any offers yet lol. I'm gonna be firming Exeter I think and most likely put Cardiff down as my insurance!!

Come to Exeter, we need old people :P muahaha
Reply 16
Don't think you should worry :smile:

I'll be taking my offer to study MSc Conservation and Biodiversity at Cornwall this September, and will be 24 by then.. :smile:
Not everyone will be younger, and not everyone younger acts like they're younger.. so I think you'd be safe.
Original post by EmmaFV
Don't think you should worry :smile:

I'll be taking my offer to study MSc Conservation and Biodiversity at Cornwall this September, and will be 24 by then.. :smile:
Not everyone will be younger, and not everyone younger acts like they're younger.. so I think you'd be safe.

Yay another 'oldie' :wink:
Reply 18
Hey! Glad I found this thread! I've just firmed for MEng Renewable energy and will be 24 by September! I knew I wouldn't be the only oldie, but its nice having it confirmed! :smile:

I think that I will go into student accommodation, just so I can meet people and stuff, but I am a wee bit apprehensive about living with a bunch of 18 year olds who are away from home for the first time!

I'm coming all the way down from Glasgow.. I'll be really far away from home! :/
Original post by r_maddra
Hey! Glad I found this thread! I've just firmed for MEng Renewable energy and will be 24 by September! I knew I wouldn't be the only oldie, but its nice having it confirmed! :smile:

I think that I will go into student accommodation, just so I can meet people and stuff, but I am a wee bit apprehensive about living with a bunch of 18 year olds who are away from home for the first time!

I'm coming all the way down from Glasgow.. I'll be really far away from home! :/

Oh my, I thought it was a trek for me and im Birmingham way!! I'm also considering halls, just gotta figure out if i can afford it. Lolol :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending