The Student Room Group

Girls who cross the road to avoid parked cars!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lol reminds me of that scrubs scene where Elliot closes the door and gets OCD because she thinks the black guy looked because she closed the door on him because he's black.
Original post by greenforce
Torture.

I stand corrected, that is worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by therisenmitten
It's not very safe, which is one of the reasons why I personally don't do it. But still, the girl has at least talked to the person and trusts them slightly and they have agreed to have sex. Also they usually have housemates around.

Anyway, just because they take one risk it doesn't mean they should take all risks. Just because you take the risk of crossing a road doesn't mean you should risk crossing the motorway.

Agree with ya :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by kunoichi
Getting pissed off because girls are thinking of their safety? Low crime isnt no crime and they have every right to cross the road for whatever reason. Maybe it has nothing to do with you? Especially if you are 6 cars away, how are you supposed to see who's in a car from that far away at night? Stop taking it so personally is what i would do.

Isnt that what guys on here nag us to do all the time? Look after ourselves? Then you get pissed off at the girls who do try and look after themselves?
Decide what you ****ing want the lot of you.

Aha! Love this bit :tongue:

I wouldn't take it personally OP, I know if someone pulls up next to me I can be a bit wary (regardless of their race, I usually don't even look who's in the car) and sometimes walk a bit faster or keep my head down if they're parked really close. If it was late at night or in a rough area I might cross the road just to be safe, it might seem a bit overly paranoid but there's no harm in being safe. Also, I've seen girls of different races do this too so it's a bit odd of you to assume it's just white girls trying to avoid Asian men...
Original post by Anonymous
Yes it wasn't meant to be offensive but the point does still stand.

How safe is it to let a guy into your place/or go to theirs? Someone you have know for only a few hours? I don't think it's very safe and it's not something I would do as a girl even if it's consensual. You don't know that person...

Point doesn't stand or have any relevance to your thread. Choosing to have consensual sex with someone you don't know very well has no relevance to whether you cross the road because of a car pulling up near you. Having consensual sex with a partner of your choice also isn't comparable to being attacked/raped.

I still don't get where you have made the jump from women crossing the road to their sex life, but out of curiosity, do you think having one night stands is safe for a guy to do? Would you do it as a guy (if you were single), or think its safe for other guys to do? Because for straight guys to have one night stands they've got to find a female to have said one night stand with, and they aren't thinking 'this girl is being unsafe by inviting me into her home, I might suddenly flip and turn into a crazy axe murderer'. :rolleyes:
Reply 45
Original post by Shockolate
Point doesn't stand or have any relevance to your thread. Choosing to have consensual sex with someone you don't know very well has no relevance to whether you cross the road because of a car pulling up near you. Having consensual sex with a partner of your choice also isn't comparable to being attacked/raped.

I still don't get where you have made the jump from women crossing the road to their sex life, but out of curiosity, do you think having one night stands is safe for a guy to do? Would you do it as a guy (if you were single), or think its safe for other guys to do? Because for straight guys to have one night stands they've got to find a female to have said one night stand with, and they aren't thinking 'this girl is being unsafe by inviting me into her home, I might suddenly flip and turn into a crazy axe murderer'. :rolleyes:

How many guys have been screwed over in an ONS? Now compare that to sexual attacks on girls? It's common sense really.

Having said that I did hear of one scam that happened, not sure if it's true but heard it a few times in different cities. A girl invites you back to hers and you think you're getting lucky but there are a few guys waiting to mug you/withdraw money from cash point.

:biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by Shockolate

Oh if you're a gay guy I imagine ONS's might be more risky.
Reply 47
Original post by 11flon
Aha! Love this bit :tongue:

I wouldn't take it personally OP, I know if someone pulls up next to me I can be a bit wary (regardless of their race, I usually don't even look who's in the car) and sometimes walk a bit faster or keep my head down if they're parked really close. If it was late at night or in a rough area I might cross the road just to be safe, it might seem a bit overly paranoid but there's no harm in being safe. Also, I've seen girls of different races do this too so it's a bit odd of you to assume it's just white girls trying to avoid Asian men...

Thanks will try not to take it personally :smile:

Oh I haven't seen it with Asian girls myself. If anything, they tend to look into cars and at people :biggrin:
Reply 48
I often get the window down and start flirting with the girls that walk past my car
especially if they're white and innocent-looking
especially if they look like they wanted to cross the road but couldn't
its the natural thing if you're asian, isn't it?
What was the point in asking the question when the response that you wanted to hear was " Yeah OP, it must totally be because you are asian. After all most girls are massive racists and soon as we someone who is asian in a car we immediately think he is going to attack us. If it was someone white the car of course we wouldn't care, because obviously white people can't be rapists"

Get a grip and stop trying to look for racism where it isn't, people like you give ethnic minorities a bad name.
Haha you serious? Wtf. I am aware as much as the next man but I can only think of a few situations where I have felt genuinely threatened. Tend to rely on my instinct and have avoided a few potential troubled situations with my friends, when I first picked up something wasn't right.

I have done martial arts for a long time but understand the need to avoid trouble. One, it's easier to avoid as you say. Two, you don't know what/who you are dealing with. Three, don't want a criminal record due to my career. Sadly three is the one that scares me the most.

Sorry jackie chan, maybe they cross the road because they don't want to get their boyfriends smashed in by your mad kung fu skills. :dry:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Transformational
Sorry jackie chan, maybe they cross the road because they don't want to get their boyfriends smashed in by your mad kung fu skills. :dry:

Spoiler

I don't recall saying I would kick the would be attackers ass :wink: Just saying I can at least fight to an extent so either way it would result in a record which doesn't look favourable.
I don't recall saying I would kick the would be attackers ass :wink: Just saying I can at least fight to an extent so either way it would result in a record which doesn't look favourable.

Two premises in that statement are up for considerable and prolonged debate.

As to whether or not they decide to cross the road, is it not their prerogative to do so without requisite reason delivered to you? If the answer from you is yes (And it should be else you are under some serious delusions that need to be looked at) then that is sufficient enough answer for you to your question. Good day.
Reply 53
I spoke to a couple of my black and Asian mates and they totally got it.

So no it's just not me. I also am a high achiever and in my final year and don't dress/act in a threatening manner.

In real life I have many female friends of all races. In fact my gf is white. I just don't get it.

OP, you sound like an insecure narcissist. I think you should mind your own business and leave decisions over our safety for us to make. It's natural to avoid any trouble and that's what we are doing by crossing the road.

Also, do you really think that being 'high achiever and in my final year and don't dress/act in a threatening manner' changes anything and because of this women should be less scared of you at night? If you honestly think that normal looking and behaving people can't be criminal I must tell you that's not the case. In fact, this kind of criminals are the most devious. If you would look at a few of the serial killers, you would see that many look like normal people.
(edited 11 years ago)
OP seriously don't take it so personally :s-smilie:
How many guys have been screwed over in an ONS? Now compare that to sexual attacks on girls? It's common sense really.

Having said that I did hear of one scam that happened, not sure if it's true but heard it a few times in different cities. A girl invites you back to hers and you think you're getting lucky but there are a few guys waiting to mug you/withdraw money from cash point.

:biggrin:

You still haven't explained why a woman's sex life/choice to have ONS has any connection or relevance to whether she would cross the road to avoid a parked car or not.

The reason why women may cross the road to avoid a car for fear it unsafe, is because of rape myths that lead society to believe that women are putting themselves in danger by walking home alone, even though they are doing something that is actually just an everyday thing to do. Walking home is the probably the most common situation women are taught to be afraid of and to take precautions with, even though the majority of rapes of actually carried out in the home and by people known to the victim. Of course, they are rapes carried out by strangers, and men who do pull up in cars next to women and attack them, harass them or pressure them into getting in their car, but the reason why a woman might cross the road when a perfectly innocent guy just happens to slow down or park his car, is because this belief that woman need to adjust their behaviour and watch their movements and that it is the woman's responsibility to not come into contact with a rapist.
Oh if you're a gay guy I imagine ONS's might be more risky.

What I'm saying is that you are suggesting that it's safe for a guy to go home with a girl for consensual sex, but not safe for that girl to go home with him for consensual sex. Obviously it's not 100% safe to invite someone you don't know home with you, as like you said, you don't know them or their intentions, and there is an off chance they could have something else planned for you, such as an attack, or a mugging as you gave in your example. But the majority of people looking for a one night stand are just looking for that, guy looking to get laid, girl looking to get laid, meet eachother, have consensual sex, no risk to either of them. Rapists on the other hand aren't motivated by sexual desire. You are saying that you think that it's unsafe for girls to go home with guys, but if all girls decided it was unsafe and stopped having ONS, all these single, horny, but perfectly innocent guys would be gutted as they wouldn't be able to get laid anymore as they'd all been painted out to be potential rapists.

Anywho, woman's sex lives, or the likeliness or them having a ONS still have no connection to whether they would cross the road to avoid someone parking their car.
Women should avoid bars/clubbing as that also has an element of danger. Much safer to stay at home, work hard, help out at home and be a pure person.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
You're pissed off that girls are concerned for their safety? You, sir, sound like a prize *******.

It's always sensible to be wary of parked cars when walking down a street at night. I'm wary of walking past vans even in the daytime. Sure, it's unlikely you'll get bundled into the back, but it takes no effort to walk to the other side of the road and avoid the possibility of it happening.
(edited 11 years ago)
Please keep anon or delete as I know a couple of peeps on here and this is quite a strange topic!

Anyway I have noticed for a while when driving late that whenever I park up and a girl is on that side of the road, she crosses the road :rolleyes: It has happened several times.

I asked my gf is it some sort of safety talk they get and she laughed?! I thought she would know being as it's white girls who always do this.

Honestly I think it's because I am Asian and maybe a lot of Asian guys pull their window down and chat ****?

Once it happened I was with my gf. We got out of my car and because I was with her, I could tell the other girl felt stupid.

My car is not tinted or modded too. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt it's anything to do with your race.

If it's late at night and a car pulls up close to me and parks, I'll automatically become slightly cautious, I'm not sure if I would necessarily cross the road or not.
They could be a male or female, black or white, driver and I would still be wary.

I have had a bad experience before, two men in balaclavas jumped out of their car late at night and used crow bars to smash the windows in of the car I was in.
We weren't even parked, this was just at a roundabout!

I'm not trying to say that anybody out driving late at night, has an underlying plan to rape and murder people, but you do need to be careful.

It's more likely someone would attack you if,

A) You are alone.
and
B) It's late at night (therefore dark and less people around)

I wouldn't be offend by it, or think it's a racial matter at all.
It's just people trying to be "safe rather than sorry." :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending