The Student Room Group

What's wrong with my face?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Probably due to the cream... Its usually anti inflammatory, but since it shouldn't be applied to the face and thins the already delicate skin it could very easily cause more irritation and damage than good.

Stop using the hydrocortisone

I'm sorry but this isn't correct, you can apply steroid creams to the face, just only on medical advice, with generally lower percentages for less time. If a rash is responsive elsewhere, then it will respond on the face. In this case, it is just perhaps the wrong cream for the type of rash.
Original post by SpottedZebra
Thanks for your help, i will do :smile:
will be seeing another doctor tomorrow so hopefully they can help :smile:

Don't follow the above advice, this is incorrect. You certainly can apply steroid cream to the face (see my above post). However, if you are definitely getting worse following its application, then by all means stop using it, but certainly with medical advice (as I see you have an appointment anyway).
Reply 22
Original post by Mushi_master
Don't follow the above advice, this is incorrect. You certainly can apply steroid cream to the face (see my above post). However, if you are definitely getting worse following its application, then by all means stop using it, but certainly with medical advice (as I see you have an appointment anyway).

Thanks for your help :smile: I am seeing my doctor today so I will ask them about it.....I noticed that after I applied the hydrocortisone, my rash got worse for about half an hour or so but I don't know if it might just be coincidence :smile:
Reply 23
Just got back from the doctors and they said i have rosacea....which im gutted about because there is no cure for it. But I have been given an antibiotic gel to put on it which will apparently help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest