The Student Room Group

Won't recognise parents' details

I applied for Student Finance last year but I cancelled my application in August after I decided not to go to university that year. I'm now trying to apply for 2013/14 and have logged in to the same SF account and entered my own personal info.

However, when my parents try to log in to their own sections in order to support my application, the system doesn't seem to recognise their details - they're either met with an error message saying

'Error! There was 1 error found in the information you submitted. Error 1: All security details must be entered before you can sign in'

or one which, bizarrely, says

'There is a problem linking to your application. The gender of the sponsor is inconsistent with the sponsor relationship'!

Seeing this, we thought maybe we'd mixed up their details so we tried interchanging them to no avail. We then tried to reset the password and secret answers for both of them but when we click the link we just get taken back to the My Account section of the site. Any ideas? This is unbelievably frustrating.

Edit: So I saw a little message on the My Account page (I think), which said this: If your parent has recently been sent an email with a temporary password and secret answer such as ABCDEF98, they might not be able to log in to this screen yet. You might need to log out of your online application and close your browser... It gives instructions on resetting your parents' login details. Although mine didn't have 'temporary' passwords - they were given to them when I applied last year and took the same form as above - this resolved the issue. I guess it was some sort of glitch in the system. Just posting all of this in case anyone else is having the same problems.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi IP,

It sounds as though your parents are trying to support your application in the same session.

If this is the case you need to log out of your account entirely. Go back to the login screen and get each of your parents to reset their login to their own accounts. Once they've both logged in and out again then you should log back into your application as they should be now be able to login to support your application.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi IP,

It sounds as though your parents are trying to support your application in the same session.

If this is the case you need to log out of your account entirely. Go back to the login screen and get each of your parents to reset their login to their own accounts. Once they've both logged in and out again then you should log back into your application as they should be now be able to login to support your application.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:

Hi, I figured it out eventually, and basically did exactly what you suggested. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending