The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
[QUOTE="lauren_denman;42179016"]YAY! Finally someone else who is doing English lit! yeah same, I haven't heard anything from them about it yet and my student finance application is finished yet as my parents have no details and cant make a new account! Everything feels so stressful yet exciting at the same time!

Have you been to any applicant or open days?[/QUOTE
:smile: I'm on the verge of finishing my student finance now! Yes stressful but VERY EXCITING :smile:

No I have just come back from Australia (I took a gap year) and went last October to see family and came back 2 days ago!
Hopefully will be going at the end of this month. A friend from school is on her last year now studying English and she loves Chester and said that the English department is excellent! Have you been to any of the open days? :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
[/QUOTE
:smile: I'm on the verge of finishing my student finance now! Yes stressful but VERY EXCITING :smile:

No I have just come back from Australia (I took a gap year) and went last October to see family and came back 2 days ago!
Hopefully will be going at the end of this month. A friend from school is on her last year now studying English and she loves Chester and said that the English department is excellent! Have you been to any of the open days? :smile:

Ahhh that sounds pretty cool, bet it was nice to have some sun for a few months! Yeah I've heard that the department it really good and the city is really nice too! Sp should be good!

Nope not yet I'm going to the applicant day on the 20th April to have a look round the uni and the city as I've never been to Chester before, mainly due to the fact that its about 4 hours away from where I live!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 302
Original post by lauren_denman
[/QUOTE

Ahhh that sounds pretty cool, bet it was nice to have some sun for a few months! Yeah I've heard that the department it really good and the city is really nice too! Sp should be good!

Nope not yet I'm going to the applicant day on the 20th April to have a look round the uni and the city as I've never been to Chester before, mainly due to the fact that its about 4 hours away from where I live!

20th of April is the one I've booked too! :smile: Therefore might see you there! Chester is about an hour and a half from where I live (Abersoch, North Wales)
I've been to Chester a lot and love it! It's not massive but you still have all your shops and great nightlife!
4 hours is a long drive but hopefully you will fall in love with the city like a lot of people! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet as my mum went to do a degree about 10 years ago and no longer has any details so my parents cant log in to support me and they cant make a new account. I've filled in a form by hand and posted it off but nothing has changed online so I don't really know where I am with mine at the minute or what to do next :frown: slightly freaking out because of the deadline

My dad couldn't remember his details either to support me so we rang student finance up and he just had to give some details about himself such as DOB, and address and they gave him his reference number and emailed him his password. If you don't here anything from them I would just call them, It can take them awhile to update things online
Original post by ffiontai

20th of April is the one I've booked too! :smile: Therefore might see you there! Chester is about an hour and a half from where I live (Abersoch, North Wales)
I've been to Chester a lot and love it! It's not massive but you still have all your shops and great nightlife!
4 hours is a long drive but hopefully you will fall in love with the city like a lot of people! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's good then, would be nice to know someone when i go! I didn't want to go to somewhere that was massive but then i didn't want to go to somewhere that was in the middle of nowhere! Im from norfolk so Im used to being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farmers who cant talk properly!

I kinda like the distance, it means i cant just run home for help but then it not too far if something goes really bad. Helps with independence and all that :smile:

I like historic and quirky places so no doubt ill fall head over heels for the city :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxchloexo
My dad couldn't remember his details either to support me so we rang student finance up and he just had to give some details about himself such as DOB, and address and they gave him his reference number and emailed him his password. If you don't here anything from them I would just call them, It can take them awhile to update things online

Oh that's sounds much easier than what they asked us to do, we rang them and had to answer similar questions about my parents and then they emailed us a 'parent application form' that was 17 pages long and we had to print it out and post it to them. They said that they would then enter the details for us, the stupid thing is that my application was basically finished I just need my parents information and it seems to be taking forever, which is pretty understandable because I bet there are a lot of people in the same situation.
Oh that's sounds much easier than what they asked us to do, we rang them and had to answer similar questions about my parents and then they emailed us a 'parent application form' that was 17 pages long and we had to print it out and post it to them. They said that they would then enter the details for us, the stupid thing is that my application was basically finished I just need my parents information and it seems to be taking forever, which is pretty understandable because I bet there are a lot of people in the same situation.

Yeah it's ridiculous that they expect your parents to have their information from years ago! 17 pages thats crazy! I still haven't heard from them apparently they sent me a declaration 2 weeks ago but i've still not recieved it haha
Not yet as my mum went to do a degree about 10 years ago and no longer has any details so my parents cant log in to support me and they cant make a new account. I've filled in a form by hand and posted it off but nothing has changed online so I don't really know where I am with mine at the minute or what to do next :frown: slightly freaking out because of the deadline

Ring then! My parents were the same and i got it all sorted out over the phone :smile: relax xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="ffiontai;42179547"]
YAY! Finally someone else who is doing English lit! yeah same, I haven't heard anything from them about it yet and my student finance application is finished yet as my parents have no details and cant make a new account! Everything feels so stressful yet exciting at the same time!

Have you been to any applicant or open days?[/QUOTE

I took a gap year too! Phew-another 19 year old!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone doing dance??:smile:)
Reply 310
Original post by Hilly1
Has everyone sorted out their student finance now? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, awkwardly got locked out of my account! XS Gonna ring up and see if I can get it sorted though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by peace-out
Yeah it's there all year round although people only use it from August xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I find this on fb?
Ahh that's good then, would be nice to know someone when i go! I didn't want to go to somewhere that was massive but then i didn't want to go to somewhere that was in the middle of nowhere! Im from norfolk so Im used to being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farmers who cant talk properly!

I kinda like the distance, it means i cant just run home for help but then it not too far if something goes really bad. Helps with independence and all that :smile:

I like historic and quirky places so no doubt ill fall head over heels for the city :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I feel the same way :smile: " I kinda like the distance, it means i cant just run home for help but then it not too far if something goes really bad. Helps with independence and all that "
Does anyone know what campus it would be best to live on? Or do we not get a choice to much
Does anyone have any idea what date our first year ends? It needs to be filled in for student finance and I'm not sure?
Original post by Reekydeekz
Does anyone know what campus it would be best to live on? Or do we not get a choice to much

I think it probably depends on what site you're based at, but apparently it's hard to get accommodation?
Yes I've heard it's hard to get into to..
Original post by Reekydeekz

I thought the campus we lived on was based on which course we do? :s-smilie:
Reply 318
Glad to be meeting people going to Chester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emmawilliamson95
I think it probably depends on what site you're based at, but apparently it's hard to get accommodation?

Its hard if you live within a certain radius but I live in London so I'm not tonsure but thanks for the heads up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending