The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
I am still looking for the progress tests and mark scheme for chemistry unit 3. Anybody have any idea where I could get them ? Much obliged if someone could post a link
^^^ yeah id want them too
Think this will be my last time in the holidays today, revising science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Captain Anonymous

Posted from TSR Mobile

You finished P3 before me :redface: I still have 3 pages left :frown:
Reply 724
what book/how are you using to revise

at the moment just the CGP revision guide and example papers that our teachers have provided..
Original post by beaux1
at the moment just the CGP revision guide and example papers that our teachers have provided..

Oh okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sneakbo2
You finished P3 before me :redface: I still have 3 pages left :frown:

YAAAY I'm re capping everything again today though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
YAAAY I'm re capping everything again today though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is also at everyone else. I just wanted to know how long it is taking you to revise? For example, how long it takes you to complete a page in the CGP book. Because you guys seem to be doing it really quickly, while also being able to remember everything :eek:. Any tips please?
Original post by Efemena15
This is also at everyone else. I just wanted to know how long it is taking you to revise? For example, how long it takes you to complete a page in the CGP book. Because you guys seem to be doing it really quickly, while also being able to remember everything :eek:. Any tips please?

I've done P3 now :biggrin: Science COMPLETE. One page takes about 5 or so mins depending how hard it is, don't stay on the same page till you remember it all COMPLETELY word for word, you will just get fed up. Just get the basic principles down and try to understand it rather than just memorise the book. If you can do that you can apply it to different situations, and some more complicated concepts come from previous pages (especially in P3).
Reply 729
I've done P3 now :biggrin: Science COMPLETE. One page takes about 5 or so mins depending how hard it is, don't stay on the same page till you remember it all COMPLETELY word for word, you will just get fed up. Just get the basic principles down and try to understand it rather than just memorise the book. If you can do that you can apply it to different situations, and some more complicated concepts come from previous pages (especially in P3).

Wow congrats! :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks a lot, I'll give it a go and get back to you later on
Reply 730
My hand hurts from Fleming's left hand rule.
Original post by Efemena15
Wow congrats! :biggrin::biggrin: Thanks a lot, I'll give it a go and get back to you later on

I forgot to say, then you recap and learn all those little bits that wouldn't stay in your head. By the time of the exam you should know the book inside out completely
Reply 732
Can anyone please explain electromagnets?!?
like electromagnetic induction and the motor effect??
I've been stuck on it for ages! :frown:
Original post by Arshii
Can anyone please explain electromagnets?!?
like electromagnetic induction and the motor effect??
I've been stuck on it for ages! :frown:

Electromagnets: First you need to know the definition of a magnetic field, which is a region in which wires carrying current and magnetic materials experience a force on them.

If you put a magnetically "soft" iron core in to coils of wire carrying current (or a solenoid), this increases the strength of the magnetic field. If you stop the current flowing through the coils, the electromagnet turns off because the soft iron core demagnetises very easily.

It's useful for cranes which basically pick up metals by attracting them with an electromagnet. The electromagnets can be turned off, so you can drop the metals wherever you wanted them.

However if you were to have a hard core the metal would stay magnetised even if current through the wire was turned off. This isn't used for cranes because once the metals are attracted to the crane, you wouldn't be able to drop them off as the magnet can't turn off.
Reply 734

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me to, just got to go over/ skim some parts of the book. Trying to focus on History and Literature at the moment. Ooooh, and preparing for prom :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 735
Original post by BI0
My hand hurts from Fleming's left hand rule.

I know right? You have to go full retard to do it :tongue:
Reply 736
Electromagnets: First you need to know the definition of a magnetic field, which is a region in which wires carrying current and magnetic materials experience a force on them.

If you put a magnetically "soft" iron core in to coils of wire carrying current (or a solenoid), this increases the strength of the magnetic field. If you stop the current flowing through the coils, the electromagnet turns off because the soft iron core demagnetises very easily.

It's useful for cranes which basically pick up metals by attracting them with an electromagnet. The electromagnets can be turned off, so you can drop the metals wherever you wanted them.

However if you were to have a hard core the metal would stay magnetised even if current through the wire was turned off. This isn't used for cranes because once the metals are attracted to the crane, you wouldn't be able to drop them off as the magnet can't turn off.

Thanks a bunch! :smile:
One question.. how does electromagnet inducing occurs ?? :confused:
Hello Everyone!
wasn't on a lot today, as i went out for the day, anyone wanna play the revision game?
yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending