is there no m1 or c1 thread??
Original post by Tikara
is there no m1 or c1
thread??

You can post your C1 questions here if you want :tongue:
Reply 622
Original post by This Excellency
You can post your C1 questions here if you want :tongue:

:P thanks - i might do, but I'm more worried about m1- but I think with examsolutions.net i might just do all the past papers
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 623
Hey I'm an AS student, was wondering how you guys found the jump from AS to A2 maths ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Hey I'm an AS student, was wondering how you guys found the jump from AS to A2 maths ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that bad at all, lots of repeats of your basic AS stuff, like coordinate geometry, binomials, and trapezium rule. Mostly focused around differentiation and integration. If you're doing well with AS, you shouldn't struggle.
Reply 625
Original post by nukethemaly
I found some summary sheets, in case anyone wants to just have a look and stuff.

Heyy, those sheets were helpful- thanks for them :biggrin:
I don't suppose you know of any for S1 and D1??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m.dot.mak
Heyy, those sheets were helpful- thanks for them :biggrin:
I don't suppose you know of any for S1 and D1??

Posted from TSR Mobile

None for those, but I can ask around. I have them for C2 and C1 if anyone is interested!
Reply 627
None for those, but I can ask around. I have them for C2 and C1 if anyone is interested!

CAN ANYONE HELP

On these Solomon Press I have an issue.

Everytime I do Vectors my direction vector doesn't always seem to be correct. If I have a Line L through A and B, doesn't the

Line Vector = (A/B) + t(A-B)
OR is it
Line Vector = (A/B) + t(B-A) Surely it makes no difference I'm so confused. Can anyone PLEASE Clarify. The DIRECTION VECTOR PART

And Aly jeez, sent 4 hours ago what time do you go to sleep Misses!
Reply 628

Anyone care to Provide Further Explain to this. Solomon Press Paper E C4 Q7 -

I think get it now, but my mind was royally blown when I was doing this under timed conditions.
Reply 629
Original post by Better

Anyone care to Provide Further Explain to this. Solomon Press Paper E C4 Q7 -

I think get it now, but my mind was royally blown when I was doing this under timed conditions.[/QUOT

If you write 4 as 2^2 then both sides can be written as 2^(2x) :smile:

P.S. I'm on my phone so sorry no latex :colondollar:
Original post by Better
CAN ANYONE HELP

Everytime I do Vectors my direction vector doesn't always seem to be correct. If I have a Line L through A and B, doesn't the

OR is it
Line Vector = (A/B) + t(B-A) Surely it makes no difference I'm so confused. Can anyone PLEASE Clarify. The DIRECTION VECTOR PART

my best guess would've been that the line vector = (OA) + t(b-a) or (OB) + t(a-b)
Original post by Better
CAN ANYONE HELP

OR is it

Either direction is fine, or , for that matter, 2 (B-A) or 0.5 (B-A). You must put "r =" at the front though so that it is a line equation
Original post by Better
CAN ANYONE HELP

OR is it

For the directional vectors, say for example if they ask for AB you always do OB - OA. and then if they say the line passes through A and B, then you do r = (either point A or B) + t(direction vector i.e. OB - OA)

Hahaha, I nap during the day a lot! Oooops
how hard is integration? i'm starting it today.
Original post by masryboy94
how hard is integration? i'm starting it today.

There's lots to cover for C4 integ, but its fine once you get a hang of them!
ok let me rephrase that :P for someone AVERAGE in A2 maths, he isn't omg amazing and isn't oo your crap, just normal, would he find it hard especially at first? and how many 'weeks' would it take to get a good grip of this chapter, in the sense that when this person does a soloman paper, the integration section is pretty straightforward? :P
ok let me rephrase that :P for someone AVERAGE in A2 maths, he isn't omg amazing and isn't oo your crap, just normal, would he find it hard especially at first? and how many 'weeks' would it take to get a good grip of this chapter, in the sense that when this person does a soloman paper, the integration section is pretty straightforward? :P

Don't worry I'm pretty average at maths too.. uh.. I mean MY FRIEND.. she's pretty average, and she took about a week or two to cover them all thoroughly.
Don't worry I'm pretty average at maths too.. uh.. I mean MY FRIEND.. she's pretty average, and she took about a week or two to cover them all thoroughly.

haha well let your 'average' friend know that i hope to do the same lol ...

this is out of topic, but just out of curiosity is your name Aly?
haha well let your 'average' friend know that i hope to do the same lol ...

this is out of topic, but just out of curiosity is your name Aly?

My average friend wishes you luck. And yes it is! What's yours?
Original post by Better
CAN ANYONE HELP

OR is it

You're getting confused between direction vectors and vector equations.

AB=ba\vec{AB}=\mathbf{b}-\mathbf{a} and BA=ab\vec{BA}=\mathbf{a}-\mathbf{b}, simple as that.

What you have just written are vector equations of a straight line. Just replace "Line Vector" with "r".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending