The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slickrick666999
What about animal rights then? there right to graze in the field without being killed by some spear wielding maniac supplying Tesco's. What if 15 year old want to drive? they can't do that can they.

Homosexuality is going to end up going through the roof. Children will grow up CONFUSED witnessing all this sickness whilst you call it normal? :confused: what do we teach children about it? that's it's normal? that's it's only a bum-hole? this issue should be left as it is. No more they can get married but they can't raise kids because it will destory that chillds outlook on humanity and turn him mentally ill one day. WE (Most civil people) do not want cross-dressing to become something more than a joke.

There is something wrong with cross dressing?
Also, so long as they practise safe sex, what's the harm (when they are of age of course)?
Original post by thatrollingstone
Such an ignorant way to think about it.

Humans are as natural as you can possible get, and this includes their mentality, sexuality and thinking.

Why are some animals found to be gay? Animals aren't even capable of conscious thought.

Note 'SOME animals'.
Original post by KC003
That's quite possibly the most ridiculous argument I've heard in this entire thread. You cannot compare the argument of homosexual marriage to children getting married or to marriage of blood relation. The reason marriage between children is banned is due to a question of maturity. They're not considered mature enough to make a life changing decision for themselves. Gay adult on the other hand have exactly the same levels of maturity as any other adult, do actually if you're going to compare gay marriage to underage marriage, it is a form of discrimination. The basis of your argument in this is based on maturity, so if they're as mature as any other adult, why can't they get married?

I repeat, that in the UK, marriage is already equal in that any unmarried adult male can form a marital union with any unmarried adult female (and vice versa). That a man cannot marry a man (or a woman marry a woman) does not mean the existing concept is not equal. Those pushing this are demanding the institution of marriage be altered to accommodate their minority interest whims.

Again, the reason marriage of blood relations is banned is due to incest, which can harm any offspring created. Their genes are too similar so cause genetic mutation within the unborn child, causing them to have serious disabilities. So again, your argument is flawed as the reasoning behind a ban on marriage between blood relations is due to the safety of an children produced. As they're is an inability to naturally reproduce within homosexual relationships, it isn't exactly the best of comparisons.

So I presume you'd be in favour of aborting all disabled children, and implementing a ban on any bearers of hereditary diseases from reproducing? I'm not liking these double standards if not.

Even if this were the case, surely if same sex couples were permitted, you could have no arguments against a man marrying his father for say, inheritance tax purposes. They can't reproduce, after all.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
There is something wrong with cross dressing?
Also, so long as they practise safe sex, what's the harm (when they are of age of course)?

You think a man in a skirt and a fluffy thong is normal do you? it's already begun. You've all been brainwashed. We'll be saying 'What's wrong with sex in public' next. Or even worse we'll be walking down the streets nude and taking a p i ss in the roads.
Original post by thesabbath
Even if this were the case, surely if homosexual couples were permitted, you could have no arguments against a man marrying his father for say, inheritance tax purposes. They can't reproduce, after all.

HOW MANY GIRLS MARRY THEIR FATHERS TO AVOID TAX?!
Think of a more structurally stable argument before speaking...
Reply 265
What about animal rights then? there right to graze in the field without being killed by some spear wielding maniac supplying Tesco's. What if 15 year old want to drive? they can't do that can they.

Homosexuality is going to end up going through the roof. Children will grow up CONFUSED witnessing all this sickness whilst you call it normal? :confused: what do we teach children about it? that's it's normal? that's it's only a bum-hole? this issue should be left as it is. No more they can get married but they can't raise kids because it will destory that chillds outlook on humanity and turn him mentally ill one day. WE (Most civil people) do not want cross-dressing to become something more than a joke.

Turn him mentally ill one day? I'm sorry, do you have any proof of that statement. Because I know gay couples who have brought up kids who have turned out just fine. And I know straight couples who have brought up kids who have turned out to be mentally ill. I mean, if you have any evidence to suggest that the sexuality of parents has any bearing on their child's mental stability, then please feel free to let me know.

The reason 15 year olds can't drive is again a question of maturity. If the roads were full of 15 year olds, then I would be taking the train. And if you have such a huge problem with meat, become vegetarian. Don't introduce it into a debate over homosexuality.

Children will not end up confused, because sexuality is in someone's nature. Whether someone finds a girl or a guy attractive is just who they are. That's normal to them. And every child will grow up knowing if they find guys or girls attractive. Yes, they may well have a preconception of what's 'normal' in their head, but since when did that ever stop anyone deviating from it.

And you know what, if someone wants to cross dress, then so be it. The world would be a much more pleasant place if people like you just accepted people for who they are and let them get on with their life in the way that they choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HOW MANY GIRLS MARRY THEIR FATHERS TO AVOID TAX?!
Think of a more structurally stable argument before speaking...

It's currently illegal as they are blood relations.
(edited 11 years ago)
You think a man in a skirt and a fluffy thong is normal do you? it's already begun. You've all been brainwashed. We'll be saying 'What's wrong with sex in public' next. Or even worse we'll be walking down the streets nude and taking a p i ss in the roads.

1. There is nothing wrong with nudism and is openly practised in some parts of the UK.
2. ****ing in the streets is unsanitary and thereby spreads diseases, hence why it is banned.
3. As long as they don't hurt me, I don't see a problem with a bloke wearing a skirt/dress. At one point, women weren't allowed to wear trousers.
It's currently illegal as they are blood relations.

There doesn't have to be a blood relation to prevent marriage...
There is also adopted sons/daughters being unable to marry their adoptive parents.

You mentioned sons marrying fathers to avoid tax, I mentioned daughters marrying fathers. Both are of blood relations, however, merely saying if gay marriage is allowed, sons will marry fathers will occur is not a valid reason and as such is faulted.
Original post by KC003
Turn him mentally ill one day? I'm sorry, do you have any proof of that statement. Because I know gay couples who have brought up kids who have turned out just fine. And I know straight couples who have brought up kids who have turned out to be mentally ill. I mean, if you have any evidence to suggest that the sexuality of parents has any bearing on their child's mental stability, then please feel free to let me know.

The reason 15 year olds can't drive is again a question of maturity. If the roads were full of 15 year olds, then I would be taking the train. And if you have such a huge problem with meat, become vegetarian. Don't introduce it into a debate over homosexuality.

Children will not end up confused, because sexuality is in someone's nature. Whether someone finds a girl or a guy attractive is just who they are. That's normal to them. And every child will grow up knowing if they find guys or girls attractive. Yes, they may well have a preconception of what's 'normal' in their head, but since when did that ever stop anyone deviating from it.

And you know what, if someone wants to cross dress, then so be it. The world would be a much more pleasant place if people like you just accepted people for who they are and let them get on with their life in the way that they choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not if it's immoral. Shall we also allow people to take dump's in the street if that's how they want to live their lives? you have to have barriers. Just because our barriers differ doesn't mean i'm hateful. Some people in America want GUNS BANNED. We all have opinions and morals. Some have better morals then most, clearly.
Not if it's immoral. Shall we also allow people to take dump's in the street if that's how they want to live their lives? you have to have barriers. Just because our barriers differ doesn't mean i'm hateful. Some people in America want GUNS BANNED. We all have opinions and morals. Some have better morals then most, clearly.

People once lived by dumping their waste in the streets and disease was rampant. Hence why people stopped. =l
1. There is nothing wrong with nudism and is openly practised in some parts of the UK.
2. ****ing in the streets is unsanitary and thereby spreads diseases, hence why it is banned.
3. As long as they don't hurt me, I don't see a problem with a bloke wearing a skirt/dress. At one point, women weren't allowed to wear trousers.

How far does this go then. What if all men start becoming women and there are no real men left? or every men gets a sex change for instance.

Imagine a world where men wore skirts, dresses and big hoope earrings. You think that's normal/ok? :confused:

If your son ever walked into your home with lipstick on his face and makeup all over himself you'd hit the roof. If you wouldn't hit the roof, then you'd be a very odd parent.
There doesn't have to be a blood relation to prevent marriage...
There is also adopted sons/daughters being unable to marry their adoptive parents.

You mentioned sons marrying fathers to avoid tax, I mentioned daughters marrying fathers. Both are of blood relations, however, merely saying if gay marriage is allowed, sons will marry fathers will occur is not a valid reason and as such is faulted.

It would be discriminatory to not let them do so, if access to marriage were expanded (on supposed grounds of equality) to cover all possible combinations of men and women, given that the only valid reason to exclude incest is due to the possibility of deformed children, and this would not be a possibility in a same sex 'couple'.
How far does this go then. What if all men start becoming women and there are no real men left? or every men gets a sex change for instance.

Imagine a world where men wore skirts, dresses and big hoope earrings. You think that's normal/ok? :confused:

If your son ever walked into your home with lipstick on his face and makeup all over himself you'd hit the roof. If you wouldn't hit the roof, then you'd be a very odd parent.

While I am gay, I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in wearing dresses, make up, lipstick, earrings etc...
So, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I don't see a problem.

How many cross dressers do you see on a daily basis? Not many I would bet.
It would be discriminatory to not let them do so, if access to marriage were expanded (on supposed grounds of equality) to cover all possible combinations of men and women, given that the only valid reason to exclude incest is due to the possibility of deformed children, and this would not be a possibility in a same sex 'couple'.

How many people do you see calling for them to marry their fathers/mothers?
How many people do you see calling for them to marry their fathers/mothers?

If marriage is reduced to nothing more than a paper relationship for tax benefits by destroying its inherent meaning I'd imagine there'd be quite a few. Your comment is irrelevant however. This is about equality, remember? Or is it just your minority group that gets to set the "equality" agenda?
Reply 276

So I presume you'd be in favour of aborting all disabled children, and implementing a ban on any bearers of hereditary diseases from reproducing? I'm not liking these double standards if not.

So I'm presuming you're completely in favour of blood relations being allowed to marry then. Because what you've just said is that if you're not in favour of aborting all disabled children (which I'm assuming you're not as it makes up part if your argument), you should also be in favour of allowing blood relations to reproduce together.

Of course I'm not in favour of aborting all disabled children, and I would never tell someone with a serious genetic condition not to reproduce, but, if I had a serious hereditary condition, I would seriously consider adoption to improve the child's quality of life. And actually, if I found out early enough in a pregnancy that my unborn child had such a serious condition, that it wasn't going to have a half decent quality of life, actually, yes I would consider abortion. But again, we've gone a very long way off topic. But before you start lecturing me about double standards, you may want to have a read through some of your own arguments, as there's a hell of a lot in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
While I am gay, I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in wearing dresses, make up, lipstick, earrings etc...
So, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, I don't see a problem.

How many cross dressers do you see on a daily basis? Not many I would bet.

Why are you gay for? what happened to you in childhood. Was you brought up that way or did women treat you bad so you found comfort in men.?
If marriage is reduced to nothing more than a paper relationship for tax benefits by destroying its inherent meaning I'd imagine there'd be quite a few. Your comment is irrelevant however. This is about equality, remember? Or is it just your minority group that gets to set the "equality" agenda?

Since what is marriage inherit meaning?
If you are going to say the church says this or, the Koran says that etc...

THEY DO NOT OWN MARRIAGE.

Also, if I find someone who I love, why should I prevent being married just because someone has yet to provide a valid reason for me not to get married?
Why are you gay for? what happened to you in childhood. Was you brought up that way or did women treat you bad so you found comfort in men.?

Why are you straight?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending