The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

by the likes and thumbs down it's obvious this place has been hijacked by the Gay Mafia militants. When you have a conversation with them they get nasty and really fascist.
Original post by thesabbath
Ordinarily crime has a motive (intent) and an act. These legislations add a third component, essentially prejudice or hate. Determining whether this is a factor and then punishing more severely if it is deemed so, is essentially regulating thoughts on some ill-defined scale of moral relativism. I am against this in any form but it is evidence of special treatment (more equal than equal).

Hate is a motive.

I didn't say any of those things, just illustrating that marriage is presently clearly defined but if you start tampering with it then other 'unfairnesses' (not inequalities) are self-evident. It's not against gays in particular.

Only in a legal sense specific to the UK. Different countries and religions have varying ideas as to what is and isn't marriage, so there is no reason for the law to require a man and a women.

The financial rights need to be updated if that's true, whereas the concepts of adultery/consummation are part of the reason that legislating marriage for homosexuals requires a full re-definition, perhaps you have some ideas on terminology that our ruling classes have missed. Presently it is looking like they'd have to axe them entirely on absurdity grounds, which is hardly fair to currently married couples. This is really just another exercise in subverting traditional society norms until they no longer mean anything whatsoever.

On the cultural importance of marriage and the stuff about genders, I suggest you read this: http://sultanknish.blogspot.mx/2013/03/the-deconstruction-of-marriage.html

The above link went to great lengths to say very little, basically that if a definition is too broad it loses practical value.
Given that marriage does not have a clear definition, with different countries and religions having their own variations, there is no reason for the law to enforce some particular definition over others.
I suppose it would be a noble thing if homosexual couples travelling to Saudi Arabia were able to have their marriage recognized abroad though :rolleyes:

Nobody suggested that Saudi Arabia would accept gay marriages, but countries which have legalised gay marriage would.
Reply 282
Original post by MittenRef
Title says it all. I simply do not understand the reasoning behind the pure hatred that some people have for the LGBT community. The only bit I understand is that they think that the physical act of having sex with someone of the same sex is a bit ... disturbing? I can sort of get how off-putting that is for someone who is straight.

But, they don't have to engage in that activity, watch it, or talk about it - so then again... Why should they bother? Why do some people completely reject same sex relationships?

I am gay, so maybe I'm being a little biased. But I have the right morals when it comes to equality, across the spectrum, and I don't understand why people feel the need to concern themselves with fuelling hatred. Surely these people know the world would be a better place if everyone was accepting?

Why damage that? What do people think? Why do people think like this? Thanks.

because gay men are attention seeking and it's annoying, the way they speak abnormally and the way they walk. men shouldn't have hand bags, it looks daft.
Largely it's religious bigots. Then there are people who are ignorant of biology and believe that it's 'unnatural' without understanding that homosexuality occurs naturally in over 1,000 different species of animals, and that homophobia only occurs in one; ours.
Reply 284
Original post by slickrick666999
Not if it's immoral. Shall we also allow people to take dump's in the street if that's how they want to live their lives? you have to have barriers. Just because our barriers differ doesn't mean i'm hateful. Some people in America want GUNS BANNED. We all have opinions and morals. Some have better morals then most, clearly.

Yes, because clearly allowing people to take dumps in the street made up part of my argument. This is an argument about homosexuality, and people's beliefs surrounding it. So stop being childish and twisting my words, because why I said was regarding homosexuality. Nothing to do with dumps, or driving or anything else. Just homosexuality.

And to say that some people have better morals than most is quite frankly, a little stupid. In actual fact, accepting gay people is the dominant attitude in modern day Western society. So if anything, it's you with the abnormal morals.

And as you've said it, I entirely believe there should be strict gun laws introduced in the U.S. It's always worked just fine over here in the U.K and the amount of shootings over here is dramatically lower than in the U.S. But again, you've gone way off topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285

yes, clearly ruining the sanctity of marriage
Reply 286
Original post by Hammer786
because gay men are attention seeking and it's annoying, the way they speak abnormally and the way they walk. men shouldn't have hand bags, it looks daft.

That's called being camp. Not gay. Some gay men are camp. Some straight men are camp. Some gay men aren't camp. Some straight men aren't camp. Where's your argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I assume 'Wardah' is muslim. I'm Muslim also. Although Islam prohibits homosexuality... gay people aren't muslim. So I honestly couldn't give any less of a **** about what people enjoy sexually. I have a gay friend and he's absolutely hilarious... Gay people are just like us. Don't know why you're so concerned and offended by what they choose to do 'Wardah'. It's people like you who make Islam look condescending and angry all the time.
isn't there some sort of evidence to suggest the rise in homosexuals is dangerous. Similar to the rise of bestiality in the dark ages where killing somebody for a log of wood became the norm. Once something dangerous become so accepted, it becomes normal. All this interference causes confusion which could create holes in the O-Zone layer, opening of the 'third eye' (Spiritually speaking) and decline in society.

People who rise against the evil of fighting against nature :confused: will be condemned as herotrics and throw into jail by the Gay Mafia if we allow notoriety to continue.

At first I thought this was sarcasm, but from your subsequent posts, I guess not.
No, there isn't any evidence. For any of the above. Feel free to post a link if you find any though.

Although, 'Do gays cause ozone holes?' would make a great daily mail headline.
(edited 11 years ago)
x

Where's the sickness? Do the children look unhappy/scared?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 290
Original post by incipientT
At first I thought this was sarcasm, but from your subsequent posts, I guess not.
No, there isn't any evidence. For any of the above. Feel free to post a link if you find any though.

That's exactly what I thought when I first read it. But yes, it does seem that he actually does have some twisted belief that gay people are dangerous. I almost feel sorry for him being that ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KC003
That's exactly what I thought when I first read it. But yes, it does seem that he actually does have some twisted belief that gay people are dangerous. I almost feel sorry for him being that ignorant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Homosexuality is dangerous you word twister. Not Gay people. We don't need gender roles to switch or men to become feminized. I have NEVER met a women who thinks men becoming feminized little girls is good.

P.S - What about men who wish to marry animals? should we allow that. One man in America even married a Donkey. it's all a freak of nature.
(edited 11 years ago)
P.S - What about men who wish to marry animals? should we allow that. One man in America even married a Donkey. it's all a freak of nature.

What's that got to do with anything we are talking about?
That's sick. Those poor children. This only pleases people who wish to destroy society like the cultural Marxists, Zionists & The New World Order (Illuminati) who want to re-instate the law of Babylonian, Baal worship, Egyptology etc.

There's no evidence that children of gay parents are any worse off than children of straight parents. see here and here (all pdf).
Reply 294
Homosexuality is dangerous you word twister. Not Gay people. We don't need gender roles to switch or men to become feminized. I have NEVER met a women who thinks men becoming feminized little girls is good.

It isn't a freak of nature. It's one person wanting to marry another person. Please learn to come up with valid arguments, rather than some of the ridiculous ones you've come up with so far.

And from what I can find, there's no evidence suggesting either gay people or homosexuality in general is dangerous. So yes, my mistake, but you're still wrong.

I never said men becoming over feminine is a good or bad thing. It just doesn't really bother me. If a guy wants to act feminine, then fine. His choice. Not mine. I know gay guys who are incredibly feminine. They're still perfectly nice, decent human beings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
Original post by Scienceisgood

It hasn't, but the problem is, the poor sod has run out of arguments that even vaguely relate to the topic, an as he can't admit he's just being ignorant, he's continuing to produce arguments that are going further and further off topic. I'd leave him to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood

You can't limit this just to support your point of view. You have to include all social 'abnormalities' and i mean abnormalities as things which mankind has never approved of.

I don't think we can say one is acceptable and one is not. People who have sex with animals (although there are very few) to them it is normal and 'love' as gay people will claim it is with them and another man.

The fact that people don't want to address the wider, fair picture of all sexual abnormalities shows they themselves are hypocritical. I think both are wrong, and that the mentality behind it is not normal.

I don't hate gay people I just don't want my son being gay or being taught in school it's acceptable in case he becomes that way.

I've answered all arguments, nobody want to argue my other example of sexual abnormalities because they'll be exposed.
(edited 11 years ago)
You can't limit this just to support your point of view. You have to include all social 'abnormalities' and i mean abnormalities as things which mankind has never approved of.

I don't think we can say one is acceptable and one is not. People who have sex with animals (although there are very few) to them it is normal and 'love' as gay people will claim it is with them and another man.

The fact that people don't want to address the wider, fair picture of all sexual abnormalities shows they themselves are hypocritical. I think both are wrong, and that the mentality behind it is not normal.

I don't hate gay people I just don't want my son being gay or being taught in school it's acceptable in case he becomes that way.

I can safely say that being taught that being gay is acceptable will not make him gay. I was always taught being straight was acceptable and look how I turned out.

Surrounded by straight guys, turned out gay...
Reply 298

I really am losing patience with you. This thread is about homosexuality. Nothing else. Stop relating it to actual social abnormalities, and just accept that homosexuality is actually generally acceptable in modern day society. Whether you choose to accept it in your ridiculous little world is your decision, but you can't relate it to other behaviours that it doesn't actually relate to.

You cannot refer to it as something mankind has never approved of, because very few people don't approve of it. In fact, very few people, myself included, give the faintest damn as to who someone chooses to spend their life is. And to say that what they feel isn't love is discriminatory and quite frankly a form of bullying. You don't have a clue what they feel.

And good luck finding a school in which homosexuality isn't accepted, because it's a form of discrimination which is completely illegal within schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

I've answered all arguments, nobody want to argue my other example of sexual abnormalities because they'll be exposed.

Peoples acceptance of what you call 'abnormalities' has varied considerably across history and cultures. For just about any practice you can imagine you can find a culture which considered it normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending