The Student Room Group

Still accepting applications

So, if the university is still accepting applications (I think from international students but could be through UCAS also if that makes a difference) does that mean they haven't filled the course yet?

Just wondering as a few of my friends and myself have been on the website of the departments and found they are still accepting applications and to go through UCAS if your not international....
Reply 1
If you go onto UCAS and click 'course search', courses marked with an 'x' are still available through ucas 'Extra'. You can apply for these courses using extra if you either have no offers or have declined all your offers.
Reply 2
Original post by emma2013
If you go onto UCAS and click 'course search', courses marked with an 'x' are still available through ucas 'Extra'. You can apply for these courses using extra if you either have no offers or have declined all your offers.

Ah brilliant! Thank you :smile:

Are these courses then under subscribed currently if they can still offer them?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Rainbows!
Ah brilliant! Thank you :smile:

Are these courses then under subscribed currently if they can still offer them?

Usually yes :smile: Though before you actually apply for anything through extra, you should ring the uni to check they still have places as what's available changes regularly and some unis may be slow at updating. If you can't get anything through 'extra', then clearing opens in july and unis just want to fill places then :smile:
Reply 4
Usually yes :smile: Though before you actually apply for anything through extra, you should ring the uni to check they still have places as what's available changes regularly and some unis may be slow at updating. If you can't get anything through 'extra', then clearing opens in july and unis just want to fill places then :smile:

I thought clearing is what you go through if you miss your offer in A-levels/other course in August? I have firmed my uni already, this was for a friend interested in the same course as me and I wanted to know if they still had spaces :smile: According to UCAS it still has a 'X'
Reply 5
Original post by Rainbows!
I thought clearing is what you go through if you miss your offer in A-levels/other course in August? I have firmed my uni already, this was for a friend interested in the same course as me and I wanted to know if they still had spaces :smile: According to UCAS it still has a 'X'

if it still has an 'x' then it's still accepting applications- has your friend already made an application this year? If so, they can use 'extra' if they want to switch courses, if not, then I think I am right in saying they can fill out a late application and the uni can still consider them :smile: most people use clearing in august if they miss offers, but 'extra' shuts at the end of June, and clearing actually opens just after in July, it's just not usually used until results day. However if the course has an 'x' then it's best to apply for it asap as there is no guarantee it will be available in clearing
Reply 6
if it still has an 'x' then it's still accepting applications- has your friend already made an application this year? If so, they can use 'extra' if they want to switch courses, if not, then I think I am right in saying they can fill out a late application and the uni can still consider them :smile: most people use clearing in august if they miss offers, but 'extra' shuts at the end of June, and clearing actually opens just after in July, it's just not usually used until results day. However if the course has an 'x' then it's best to apply for it asap as there is no guarantee it will be available in clearing

I think my friend was going to apply late after a long time thinking about it. Thanks for your help! I will pass this information on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending