Your most boring GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
100th post yey
Reply 101
WELSH
Reply 102
German was mind numbingly boring.
quite easily spanish ... it was my most difficult gcse as well, but it didn't help that i had only a fairly average teacher and we had it double first thing in the morning, it was awful at times haha.
ICT. I don't see how screen-dumping step-by-step how you made an Excel spreadsheet constitutes as learning.

Plus History made me sleep.
AQA English Literature.
The day I end up utilising my extensive knowledge of poems from different ethnicities is the day I will eat my own words.
History...American west especially :yawn:
Reply 107
Maths. I have dropped one mark out of all the mock papers I have done this term, and have not learnt anything new for ages. One of the things that I utterly despise is the ridiculously shallow mark scheme. For example, my teacher said I wasn't to use Cramer's rule to solve simultaneous equations, even though it is amazingly useful and quick after practice, just as it was not on the mark scheme. Cramer's rule FTW.

Also, English Lit. I see no point in learning quotes - which critics seriously write without a copy of the book? - and to be honest the only reason I get good marks is through my skill at BSing. One of my favourites was when I somehow derived mysteriously believably that Slim represents Jesus in OMaM, even though it makes no sense whatsoever looking back at it. Somehow got an A*.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Jabberwox
ICT. I don't see how screen-dumping step-by-step how you made an Excel spreadsheet constitutes as learning.

Ahh I agree! 90% of my ICT work consists of screen shots explaining how I use Microsoft Office's softwares whenever I make a new document D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Music definitely. The qualification itself relies on little musical knowledge, particularly the Listening and Appraising exam where it's just memory work. Dull and boring.
Reply 110
English lit-pointless
ICT, History (I like the subject usually but the course we're doing is crap), tempted to say English Lit but I liked reading the books, just perhaps not so much writing about them.
Reply 112
citizenship, is waste of time and boring
ICT.
My lessons have been the same since year 7. Databases and excel.
The only good thing about it is that I have an amazing teacher but other than that it makes me want to claw my eyes out for three hours a fortnight.
R.E - always will be.
Reply 115
ICT, Spanish and Graphics. I will not miss any of these lessons when I finish that's for sure.
History (well, the later bits when we stopped learning anything, and just practised essay writing for nearly a year...), although that might have been partly to do with my teacher...
Maths...loved the subject, but the teacher bored me galore...
Reply 118
ICT, URGH!!!!!! There is no way you can make an ICT lesson interesting, because if you have chosen to become a secondary school ICT teacher, you are not an interesting person.
Drama, I regret taking it so bad. Don't know why; I just dislike it a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest