The Student Room Group

Done so much revision but no where near ready, is this normal?

Is it normal to feel like if you took the exams right now you'd get a C? Or at this point should we already be hitting around our targets?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Omg, i havent started yet, my exam are in 3 week, planning to start studying from this Wednesday.
Reply 2
Original post by Dr. Django
Is it normal to feel like if you took the exams right now you'd get a C? Or at this point should we already be hitting around our targets?

I feel the same, what subjects have you got exams in?

You've still got a month or so to go, chin up! Have you done any past papers yet?
Reply 4

I always feel this way, even the day before the exam. Sometimes the adrenaline kicks in once you get into the exam and it all comes flooding back because you know more than you think you do
Reply 5
I feel exactly the same as you right now...

Right now I wouldn't even get a C, and I've been predicted 4 grades higher than that. Honestly, don't worry about it. You've got plenty of time left. But understand there is a lot of stuff to cover and it is natural for you to feel slightly overwhelmed. But take it one bit at a time and soon you'll find that everything will come together nicely. If you're taking A levels, they're called 'advanced' for a reason!
Reply 7
Original post by Sherlockedd
You've still got a month or so to go, chin up! Have you done any past papers yet?

I havent yet, I've been getting my knowledge up to scratch First :/ but I'm not sure if I've even done that
Reply 8
Original post by Lauren_F1
I feel the same, what subjects have you got exams in?

Chemistry, Biology and maths :/ starting to worry ahah

A2 or AS?
Reply 10
A2 or AS?

AS, I really want A's for medicine :/
Reply 11
you aren't alone...i feel the same way too
AS, I really want A's for medicine :/

Well the thing I'd advise is to look at specifications and mark schemes. Also, don't stress too much so long as you manage to get low A's/high B's you can do medicine
(I got ABCC last year and have two offers for medicine, so try not to panic so much, you do better revision when you're relaxed)

I have 9 exams and I don't feel ready for any of them yet but there is still time...
Reply 14
Well the thing I'd advise is to look at specifications and mark schemes. Also, don't stress too much so long as you manage to get low A's/high B's you can do medicine
(I got ABCC last year and have two offers for medicine, so try not to panic so much, you do better revision when you're relaxed)

Im goin to from now on :smile: thanks for the reassurance, where are your offers from?
Reply 15
I find with a subject like Maths, things really start to come together quite late.
E.g. I did an M1 paper last year, 2 days before the exam, and got a low D, turns out one of the ideas on there then came up on the actual paper, and I came out with 100 UMS in it :eek:

Just keep cracking away at those review exercises and past papers for it, and it'll fall into place :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by sinkersub
I find with a subject like Maths, things really start to come together quite late.
E.g. I did an M1 paper last year, 2 days before the exam, and got a low D, turns out one of the ideas on there then came up on the actual paper, and I came out with 100 UMS in it :eek:

Just keep cracking away at those review exercises and past papers for it, and it'll fall into place :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: will do, I guess I was like this before C1 and that still turned out well
you'd be surprised how much difference one solid week of revision can make. keep going.
Reply 18
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
you'd be surprised how much difference one solid week of revision can make. keep going.

Ok, will do. This is the first time I've ever been stressed about school :/ so much riding on this
Reply 19
I always feel like that, but I haven't actually been revising for that long, only 2 weeks in and I have 4 subjects.... so stressed D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending