Reply 20
Original post by Anime Lover
Oh crap! XD Sorry, yeah I'm A2. I miss the nice days of GCSE... :tongue:

GCSE is too easy :lol:

I can't wait until A2! How was your AS?:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
GCSE is too easy :lol:

I can't wait until A2! How was your AS?:

GCSE was a joke! XD My AS was okay, I got an A with no revision but I messed up the speaking bit :c I've been predicted an A* so I need to average 90+% at A2. It seems feasible on the written paper - we study a book (if you want to have a look at something of a higher level try reading L'Etranger by Albert Camus) and write an essay on it, and the rest of the paper is easy. Speaking is kinda scary though; we have to present an exposé (mine is on the themes of freedom and oppression in Les Choristes), which we are then asked about, in addition to general conversation, where we have to pick a card at random and read the text on the card and discuss it and our views with the examiner. It's fun and it's my 4th A2 so I don't need a grade in it at all, I'm gonna do physics at uni anyway, but I'd recommend A level French, and as a whole it seems easier at A2 than AS :smile:
Reply 22
GCSE was a joke! XD My AS was okay, I got an A with no revision but I messed up the speaking bit :c I've been predicted an A* so I need to average 90+% at A2. It seems feasible on the written paper - we study a book (if you want to have a look at something of a higher level try reading L'Etranger by Albert Camus) and write an essay on it, and the rest of the paper is easy. Speaking is kinda scary though; we have to present an exposé (mine is on the themes of freedom and oppression in Les Choristes), which we are then asked about, in addition to general conversation, where we have to pick a card at random and read the text on the card and discuss it and our views with the examiner. It's fun and it's my 4th A2 so I don't need a grade in it at all, I'm gonna do physics at uni anyway, but I'd recommend A level French, and as a whole it seems easier at A2 than AS :smile:

:awesome: I've watched les choristes! :biggrin:

Sounds amazing, I'm gonna pick physics, chemistry, French and geography! (I'm doing maths this year and self teaching f.maths too)
:awesome: I've watched les choristes! :biggrin:

Sounds amazing, I'm gonna pick physics, chemistry, French and geography! (I'm doing maths this year and self teaching f.maths too)

It's a pretty good film, don't you think? :biggrin:
Ooh a very good choice! I did English Lit, French, Modern History, Maths with Mechanics and Physics last year. I dropped History this year and picked up AS Further Maths, teaching myself one of the Decision modules :tongue: If you need any help with Maths/ F Maths/ French/ Physics feel free to ask me :3 Btw which exam boards will you be on for French and Physics?
Reply 24
It's a pretty good film, don't you think? :biggrin:
Ooh a very good choice! I did English Lit, French, Modern History, Maths with Mechanics and Physics last year. I dropped History this year and picked up AS Further Maths, teaching myself one of the Decision modules :tongue: If you need any help with Maths/ F Maths/ French/ Physics feel free to ask me :3 Btw which exam boards will you be on for French and Physics?

Thanks! A lot :biggrin:

French = WJEC
Physics = AQA
Thanks! A lot :biggrin:

French = WJEC
Physics = AQA

No problem :3 I got straight As last year so hopefully I'll be able to help you on anything you're stuck on :') Same French syllabus, but I'm on OCR A for Physics, it's a very mean mark scheme :frown:
Reply 26
No problem :3 I got straight As last year so hopefully I'll be able to help you on anything you're stuck on :') Same French syllabus, but I'm on OCR A for Physics, it's a very mean mark scheme :frown:

That's great! I just made a French PowerPoint... If anyone is interested in it PM me your email address...

It's got most of the tenses and moods (bar imperfect subjunctive)

And some other little things :smile:
That's great! I just made a French PowerPoint... If anyone is interested in it PM me your email address...

It's got most of the tenses and moods (bar imperfect subjunctive)

And some other little things :smile:

You're learning subjunctives at GCSE? XD They're really easy but apparently the examiners regard them highly if you use them at A level :') Are you familiar with the pluperfect?
Reply 28
You're learning subjunctives at GCSE? XD They're really easy but apparently the examiners regard them highly if you use them at A level :') Are you familiar with the pluperfect?

Yeah I am! :biggrin: I've taught myself all of this :smile: so we don't cover it in class...

J'avais voulu apprendre plus de langues mais je ne pouvais pas car mon école ne fournit pas l'opportunité :frown: alors. Je m'éduquer l'espagnol, le français, l'italien... Some Russian and German too...
Yeah I am! :biggrin: I've taught myself all of this :smile: so we don't cover it in class...

J'avais voulu apprendre plus de langues mais je ne pouvais pas car mon école ne fournit pas l'opportunité :frown: alors. Je m'éduquer l'espagnol, le français, l'italien... Some Russian and German too...

Ooh that's impressive XD Wow well done with the pluperfect! :3 I feel your pain, my school only offered French, I'm trying to teach myself Japanese but it's failing :') I love the verb fournir, one of my favourites :biggrin:
Reply 30
Ooh that's impressive XD Wow well done with the pluperfect! :3 I feel your pain, my school only offered French, I'm trying to teach myself Japanese but it's failing :') I love the verb fournir, one of my favourites :biggrin:

Merci, ce n'est pas bien :mad: pourquoi?:tongue:
Merci, ce n'est pas bien :mad: pourquoi?:tongue:

Oui, je sais. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais je suppose que je l'utilise souvent, et dans mon exposé je dis que j'examinerai l'élément qui fournit en même temps un sentiment de la libération et d'oppression dans Les Choristes. Je crois que "fournir" est très utile quand j'écris les dissertations aussi :3
Reply 32
Oui, je sais. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais je suppose que je l'utilise souvent, et dans mon exposé je dis que j'examinerai l'élément qui fournit en même temps un sentiment de la libération et d'oppression dans Les Choristes. Je crois que "fournir" est très utile quand j'écris les dissertations aussi :3

Aah, je vois! Je veux écrire les dissertations en français! Ce sera très bien :biggrin:

What kind of freedoms and oppressions do you talk about?
Aah, je vois! Je veux écrire les dissertations en français! Ce sera très bien :biggrin:

What kind of freedoms and oppressions do you talk about?

Oui, mes dissertations préférées sont sur le sujet du roman L'Etranger XD I talk about how the building acts as a symbol of repression and how the dead branches crawling up the exterior represent an illness, reflecting the notion of sickness within as the boys are stuck there and there's no sense of hope. I also talk about music as a symbol of freedom, particularly taking note of how the boys think Mathieu's music is morse code at first, and I suggest that it acts as a metaphor to the unlocking of them as people, as they achieve freedom by the end of the film. I also mention how Mathieu himself is liberated by music, his initial failure as a musician ironically being what confined him in the first place. Then I rant on about other stuff but it's all pretty dull XD
Reply 34
Oui, mes dissertations préférées sont sur le sujet du roman L'Etranger XD I talk about how the building acts as a symbol of repression and how the dead branches crawling up the exterior represent an illness, reflecting the notion of sickness within as the boys are stuck there and there's no sense of hope. I also talk about music as a symbol of freedom, particularly taking note of how the boys think Mathieu's music is morse code at first, and I suggest that it acts as a metaphor to the unlocking of them as people, as they achieve freedom by the end of the film. I also mention how Mathieu himself is liberated by music, his initial failure as a musician ironically being what confined him in the first place. Then I rant on about other stuff but it's all pretty dull XD

Wow! You wrote all that in French! :eek: :eek: :eek: = :eek3:
Wow! You wrote all that in French! :eek: :eek: :eek: = :eek3:

Yeah :tongue: I want an A*! And tbh it was quite enjoyable to analyse a seemingly simple film to such a thorough extent :3
Reply 36
Yeah :tongue: I want an A*! And tbh it was quite enjoyable to analyse a seemingly simple film to such a thorough extent :3

So you must have aced English Lit :redface:
So you must have aced English Lit :redface:

I don't mean to brag, but I got full UMS in my English Lit AS exam with no revision... XD
Reply 38
Brag away! :tongue: you deserved it!:biggrin:
Reply 39
Hi Guysss!
So the exam is on Monday!!! :'( Tbh, I've been practicing but, I just suck at french sooo bad! :frown: I seriously give up on french at the moment. I have done soo many past paper and I'm getting the most crap-est marks EVER! French, is at the moment my weakest subject.. I just can't do it :frown: Plus, the exam is on monday and I am not even 1% prepared!! >< French is seriously going to let me down because, with other exams I'm prepared - It's just french :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending