The Student Room Group

exams!!! :eek:

Now that the exams are about a month away I want to know how everyone is feeling. Is anyone confident? Well I am freaking out :bawling:, I have no idea where this year went, it feels like yesterday I started 5th year and now it's exam time!
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell me about it, I said to myself at the start of the year that I would have plenty of time to prepare for my exams. God knows where the time has went.

I think I will be confident about maths if I get a good paper 1 so I can pick up a lot of marks. I am pretty confident about geography, it's just simple memorising so if I can memorise most of it I think I should be fine. Biology I think I should be fine with but it's English and chemistry I am worrying about :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by CSM1996
Tell me about it, I said to myself at the start of the year that I would have plenty of time to prepare for my exams. God knows where the time has went.

I think I will be confident about maths if I get a good paper 1 so I can pick up a lot of marks. I am pretty confident about geography, it's just simple memorising so if I can memorise most of it I think I should be fine. Biology I think I should be fine with but it's English and chemistry I am worrying about :frown:

I am also worried about chem (especially unit 3) and english, I am not sure about unit 3 in maths, physics and business are alright.
Btw how much are u studying over easter holidays? And is english your first exam?
Reply 3
Original post by koolkate
I am also worried about chem (especially unit 3) and english, I am not sure about unit 3 in maths, physics and business are alright.
Btw how much are u studying over easter holidays? And is english your first exam?

For unit 3 I can do Hess's law fine. Equilibrium, acids and bases and redox are mostly fine. The chemical industry is boring but meh. If it is electrolysis, I can only do the calculations. That is all we done in class, we didn't do anything to do with cells and stuff and I was doing a past paper and couldn't do it :frown: And I can't do the nuclear chemistry to save myself (apart from the beta and alpha radiation because that is just like adding 1 or taking away 4 or 2).

Unit 3 maths I think is ok, logs are probably my biggest worry from that unit, if it is a hard log question then I'm screwed, but I can do the basics.

Not a lot lol :frown: I've started to study more nowadays but still I feel like I am lacking but I'm trying my best so hope it works. And no I have biology on the 15th :frown: Is English your first?
Original post by CSM1996
For unit 3 I can do Hess's law fine. Equilibrium, acids and bases and redox are mostly fine. The chemical industry is boring but meh. If it is electrolysis, I can only do the calculations. That is all we done in class, we didn't do anything to do with cells and stuff and I was doing a past paper and couldn't do it :frown: And I can't do the nuclear chemistry to save myself (apart from the beta and alpha radiation because that is just like adding 1 or taking away 4 or 2).

Unit 3 maths I think is ok, logs are probably my biggest worry from that unit, if it is a hard log question then I'm screwed, but I can do the basics.

Not a lot lol :frown: I've started to study more nowadays but still I feel like I am lacking but I'm trying my best so hope it works. And no I have biology on the 15th :frown: Is English your first?

Hard log questions are MADE UP of the basics! believee moi, they are easy, do them all, then you'll feel confident!

i just can't wait till i never have to do english ever ever ever again, seriously, english is my first exam, but after that's over, I'll feel like I'll have none left.... roll on 21st may!!!!
Reply 5
Now that the exams are about a month away I want to know how everyone is feeling. Is anyone confident? Well I am freaking out :bawling:, I have no idea where this year went, it feels like yesterday I started 5th year and now it's exam time!

I'm the exact same as you , where have the last 7 odd months went?

Last year I never felt like this whatsoever!
I'm feeling on edge about the exams and I am frantically revising , I hope to achieve great grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jadoreétudier
Hard log questions are MADE UP of the basics! believee moi, they are easy, do them all, then you'll feel confident!

i just can't wait till i never have to do english ever ever ever again, seriously, english is my first exam, but after that's over, I'll feel like I'll have none left.... roll on 21st may!!!!

They probably are, but I look at them and just want to cry haha.

God I hate English too, I just hope the exam is ok and the A mark is like 64%!! No more like roll on 1st of June = no more exams.
Reply 7

Isn't english on 20th? English is also my first exam and I'd love to never do eng again! Actually my teacher suggested AH english and I was like "I'd rather chew my foot" (ofc i didn't say that to her)
Reply 8
Original post by CSM1996

Calculations in unit 1 are my weakness no matter how hard I try I always get them wrong. I haven't even looked at unit 3 maths yet and whenever I try to study I always get distracted, so far I have only done 3 maths PP over easter holidays. I AM SO FAILING! :frown:
I think the exams will be very different from past papers (just like they were in January)

I beleive the exam boards are making Alevels slightly harder
Calculations in unit 1 are my weakness no matter how hard I try I always get them wrong. I haven't even looked at unit 3 maths yet and whenever I try to study I always get distracted, so far I have only done 3 maths PP over easter holidays. I AM SO FAILING! :frown:

I'm screwed for UNit 2 chemistry (edexcel) so hard I am not lying..:frown:
Reply 11
Original post by upthegunners
I think the exams will be very different from past papers (just like they were in January)

What?
Reply 12
Original post by BigChimp
I'm the exact same as you , where have the last 7 odd months went?

Last year I never felt like this whatsoever!
I'm feeling on edge about the exams and I am frantically revising , I hope to achieve great grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much are you revising a day? And can you give me any tips on how to stay focused as I always manage to get distracted and haven't done enough revision over these holidays :frown:
Original post by kylerfc
What?

What do you mean by 'What'?

Can you not comprehend simple English?
Reply 14

This thread is for Scottish students and I think you are on the wrong thread.
Anyways good luck for your exams
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
What do you mean by 'What'?

Can you not comprehend simple English?

No, I can. However, I don't think you can read as at the top of the page it says 'Scottish Qualifications'!!!
Isn't english on 20th? English is also my first exam and I'd love to never do eng again! Actually my teacher suggested AH english and I was like "I'd rather chew my foot" (ofc i didn't say that to her)

Yea it's on the 20th, but I guess that the 21st will be my first full day without having to do any english. You'd rather chew on your foot? chewing on your foot isn't that bad, if it's clean :P
Reply 17
6th Year student here. Doing Higher Chemistry and Maths. I know almost all the theory for chemistry, but calculations **** me over every time :frown: Maths I'm not worried about too much, just practice! Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Subtlety
6th Year student here. Doing Higher Chemistry and Maths. I know almost all the theory for chemistry, but calculations **** me over every time :frown: Maths I'm not worried about too much, just practice! Good luck guys :smile:

I suck at calculations and PS questions. And I am not good at applying knowledge to exam questions in maths :frown:
Reply 19
Yea it's on the 20th, but I guess that the 21st will be my first full day without having to do any english. You'd rather chew on your foot? chewing on your foot isn't that bad, if it's clean :P

Even chewing on dirty foot is better than english!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending