The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LoganYR
Ok this is how the scam works. I take out 5 contracts the person that can take the contracts off the system ( Do not have to pay for any phones) takes 3 phones for himself and i keep 2 for myself. I was doing fraud with the phone companies and it all got turn upside down because the person that was meant to take us off the (Phone system list) scammed us making us victims, but im scared to go to the police because its my fault in the first place for doing this. i can also say to the police that they treating me but this will go into court and cause alot of problems. i just want a solution to be able to sort this out without getting police or my parents involved. and out of the 5 phones i had 3 i managed to cancel one contract and i return the phone which means i have 2 phones leftover and 4 contracts left.

So this person works for a phone company? That's how he can wipe them off the system?? That's the only logical reason I can get from this?

I dont think you're talking to the right people either. What you've done is fraudulent and that's kinda illegal... You need to face up to what you've done.
Reply 21
Original post by LoganYR
Ok this is how the scam works. I take out 5 contracts the person that can take the contracts off the system ( Do not have to pay for any phones) takes 3 phones for himself and i keep 2 for myself. I was doing fraud with the phone companies and it all got turn upside down because the person that was meant to take us off the (Phone system list) scammed us making us victims, but im scared to go to the police because its my fault in the first place for doing this. i can also say to the police that they treating me but this will go into court and cause alot of problems. i just want a solution to be able to sort this out without getting police or my parents involved. and out of the 5 phones i had 3 i managed to cancel one contract and i return the phone which means i have 2 phones leftover and 4 contracts left.

I don't feel sorry for you you try to scam the mobile phone company... then your friend scams you...
Isn't there like a fee to cancel the contract?

I know t-moblie charge something around £150 i think

There's no easy way out of this .. maybe you can pay the fee to cancel each of the contracts .. and also pay for the costs of the phone.

So you still pay for the phone .. but no longer have a contract with them..
Reply 23
Firstly, if your "friend" can take them off the system then he must work at a phone company store, yes? Go into the store and find him personally? He was never really going to commit "fraud" from his own place of work, he probably just wanted to get the commission from all your sales.
Reply 24
Original post by LoganYR
ok i will sell the phones which i have i will need to call the phone companies up again as i have cancelled all my direct debits so i can re pay them. i know im an idiot he forced me into it he knows how to tempt me into getting money and i dont want to go to court. thank you for your help.

The debt collectors will go to your house. Your parents will find out.
Reply 25
This is such a low quality scam. The kinda scams you'd find on habbo or something :rofl:

How could you possibly even fall for it?
Original post by LoganYR
So basically last week my friend told me about this scam which is i have to get 5 Iphone 5's and i keep 2 of them and he gets 3 iphones, he will then remove all the phones off the system which means we dont have to pay for nothing and we get 2 free iphones each. however he lied to us and he was just scamming us. What i have done so far is cancel all my direct debits, ive tried to return the phones which i have (Luckily i have 3 out of the 5 phones) i have managed to return 1 phone but the other company's wont take them back and the only way to cancel it is by paying the whole thing this means i have to pay off 4 contracts which adds up to £4,500 and i dont have that money to be able to pay that off.
Do you guys reckon i should take all the money i have in the bank (like £200) and open a new bank and put all the money in their? i don't mind getting blacklisted or having bad credit score i can rebuild it as the years go by and i do not need a loan. i also don't want to inform my parents because they will hate me and will cause alot of problems even though they will pay for it, but this will change my life and affect it really badly and this is why i dont want to do that. also when i get blacklisted/ bad score will they send letters to my house? as i dont want my parents to find out about this. and im planning to get save some money by working and if i ever have to pay it back (I owe £4,000) i will as i will be able to get the money later as im still young. also will they come after me? like take anything i own ( i do not own anything valuable) thanks guys need you help i dont no what to do with my life im soo scared/depressed/stressed. PLEASE HELP GUYS my life has been so hard i just want everything back to normal i never meant to do all of this my friend forced me to. i know its stupid and i will never do something like this again!!

LOL,LOL,LOL,

you got conned by a box breaker probably, I will put my house this person was asian, how could someone be so naive..... well what there going to do is pass all those debts on to debt collectors, such as Fredricksons International, who will add on fees. They are going to pursue the debt, if they don't get a payment plan they will file a claim to the small claims court and add substantial fees on top of that. If you don't file a defence then they will enter a default judgement against you. Then they will look to enforce that judgement against yourself. Through the means of a county court bailiff, order to obtain information, 3rd party debt order. If that doesn't work, they will look to get a "Writ of Fifa", high court baliffs coming to your house, they have far greater powers! They can try to seize cars etc to anyone in the household with your surname. You can file an interpleader, but there very good at proving you have some connection to it. So the likelihood is anything would be sold at auction to recover the costs. For that amount they might look to make you bankrupt.
Reply 27
Original post by H0ls
Firstly, if your "friend" can take them off the system then he must work at a phone company store, yes? Go into the store and find him personally? He was never really going to commit "fraud" from his own place of work, he probably just wanted to get the commission from all your sales.

Yes apparently he works for the phone company but it was all lies.. and i cant get to him because his ignoring all my calls and i do not no where he lives.

i thought that there was a fee too and i would be able to pay it but there isnt for some companys such as phones4u and i have 2 contracts there tromz i will try return a phone at EE if i have to pay i will pay and this will clear £984 off my debt if i manage to return this phone.
Original post by H0ls

At Vodafone, you can do manuel disconnections same as for all phone dealers, 14-28 disconnections. Thats why when you call an IVR there so hard on DPA and password of the day. Depends on your position in a store, I was Senior Sales in there pretty much 2nd to the Manager, you do a lot of things like that. Its discretion of the store to disconnect, but of course you expect the good to RMA'd and return. What he was doing was pretty much full on fraud!
Original post by LoganYR
Yes apparently he works for the phone company but it was all lies.. and i cant get to him because his ignoring all my calls and i do not no where he lives.

i thought that there was a fee too and i would be able to pay it but there isnt for some companys such as phones4u and i have 2 contracts there tromz i will try return a phone at EE if i have to pay i will pay and this will clear £984 off my debt if i manage to return this phone.

192.com.......
Utter idiot... or... I smell troll.
Reply 31
Original post by Makebelieve15
Utter idiot... or... I smell troll.

even if i find this guy what kind i do his a dangerous person linked to gangs and i dont want my life to be in a danger.

And do you really think i got time to troll about this ? my life is soo messed up right now you have no idea.
Original post by LoganYR
even if i find this guy what kind i do his a dangerous person linked to gangs and i dont want my life to be in a danger.

And do you really think i got time to troll about this ? my life is soo messed up right now you have no idea.

You've pretty much ruined your chance of getting a job involving a credit check or any financial checks..... I suggest getting a job and just paying the phone lines off and using this as a lesson learnt.
Reply 33
Original post by SloaneRanger
At Vodafone, you can do manuel disconnections same as for all phone dealers, 14-28 disconnections. Thats why when you call an IVR there so hard on DPA and password of the day. Depends on your position in a store, I was Senior Sales in there pretty much 2nd to the Manager, you do a lot of things like that. Its discretion of the store to disconnect, but of course you expect the good to RMA'd and return. What he was doing was pretty much full on fraud!

There were so many technical terms in your post, I feel a little confused :colondollar: Yeah, it's pretty much fraud and disgusting that people feel it's acceptable to try and fleece money from companies. I'm at a bit of a loss to how one store let a guy take out so many contracts, unless he shopped around to different stores. I have a feeling the poster is very young and I feel a teeny bit sympathetic towards him. I'm such a softie, haha.
Reply 34
Original post by H0ls
There were so many technical terms in your post, I feel a little confused :colondollar: Yeah, it's pretty much fraud and disgusting that people feel it's acceptable to try and fleece money from companies. I'm at a bit of a loss to how one store let a guy take out so many contracts, unless he shopped around to different stores. I have a feeling the poster is very young and I feel a teeny bit sympathetic towards him. I'm such a softie, haha.

He's nearly 19
Original post by H0ls

Yeah, you are softie, which isn't a bad thing, thats why you can never con and honest person. Because an honest person wouldn't want something for free. There a lot of asians out there, that do scams like this (I am asian), trying to get something for free. At the end of the day, nothing beats an honest days work. As a student you can pretty much once you hit 18 get a contract from each firm on the high street, as essentially your credit score will be reasonable based on your property and those living at the address (if your property is not blacklisted). Usually if you do the credit check on the same day its just counts as one on your file!

If his parents can afford to pay £4,500, then why didn't he go to them in the first place if he wanted the money...... doesn't make sense.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Rybee
£2,000 is the price you will have to pay for being a true idiot.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
Stop making good posts.
Reply 37
Original post by H0ls

My life was going great i was a honest person did everything right the reason i managed to get 5 contracts is because i had really good credit score well not any more...... this all happened because of a stupid friend i feel soo bad right now i im trying my best to get a job to be able to pay all this off and yeah i know lesson learnt and i warn other people don't do anything illegal please, learn from my mistake and always remember one thing (NOTHING IS FREE IN LIFE.)
Reply 38
Original post by Trigger
He's nearly 19

Damn. I was guessing a fair bit younger than that. :teehee:
Original post by LoganYR
So basically last week my friend told me about this scam which is i have to get 5 Iphone 5's and i keep 2 of them and he gets 3 iphones, he will then remove all the phones off the system which means we dont have to pay for nothing and we get 2 free iphones each. however he lied to us and he was just scamming us. What i have done so far is cancel all my direct debits, ive tried to return the phones which i have (Luckily i have 3 out of the 5 phones) i have managed to return 1 phone but the other company's wont take them back and the only way to cancel it is by paying the whole thing this means i have to pay off 4 contracts which adds up to £4,500 and i dont have that money to be able to pay that off.
Do you guys reckon i should take all the money i have in the bank (like £200) and open a new bank and put all the money in their? i don't mind getting blacklisted or having bad credit score i can rebuild it as the years go by and i do not need a loan. i also don't want to inform my parents because they will hate me and will cause alot of problems even though they will pay for it, but this will change my life and affect it really badly and this is why i dont want to do that. also when i get blacklisted/ bad score will they send letters to my house? as i dont want my parents to find out about this. and im planning to get save some money by working and if i ever have to pay it back (I owe £4,000) i will as i will be able to get the money later as im still young. also will they come after me? like take anything i own ( i do not own anything valuable) thanks guys need you help i dont no what to do with my life im soo scared/depressed/stressed. PLEASE HELP GUYS my life has been so hard i just want everything back to normal i never meant to do all of this my friend forced me to. i know its stupid and i will never do something like this again!!
...H...How did you fall for this? :indiff: