The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Barksy
The left are absent of morals. That has been clear for decades now.

Sure... I'm just about to go rape a bunch of people, lynch them, then serve their corpses as lunch to a load of foreign people. :rolleyes:
Reply 161
Original post by S4LM4N
Believe me there are a LOT of hate filled people on here. It shocked me when I first joined too.

It's very strange..I've met people from so many different backgrounds, posh ''upper class'' people, so called ''chavs'' and those who are societies poorest, and they all had better arguments for/against immigration!

I understand people worrying about immigration, and seeing it as a bad thing, but the arguments are so funny :s-smilie:

But I'm very passonatie about helping refugees/asylum seekers/iregular migrants and raising awareness on this misunderstood issue so I'm enjoying the debate :biggrin:
Original post by effofex
All of the Gulf States, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Nederland, Spain and Austria accept more as a proportion of their populations than the UK does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-born_population_in_2005

They're all larger countries than the UK?
Reply 163
Original post by Hanvyj
Because they somehow manage to both simultaneously take our jobs and lounge around on benefits.

*I'm sure someone else in this thread has already made this observation*

Those immigrants are a crafty species.
Reply 164
Original post by dgeorge
Those immigrants are a crafty species.

I know! Tricky buggers, I don't know how they manage it.
Original post by effofex
Why should a guest worker be expected to 'integrate'. They are migrants who have specifically moved for work purposes. There is for example, no obligation to 'integrate' beyond abiding by local laws if you move to the United Arab Emirates for work, for example.

There is no obligation, this is my personal preferences we're on about.
Original post by HopefulMidwife
I was about to reply to your post calmly and politely, as you're more than welcome to your opinions.

However, you crossed the line with your racism. I am not a f***ing mongrel, so don't you f***cking DARE refer to me in such a disgusting way.

Reported. You absolute disgusting piece of crap.

I knew it. 100% of what I expected. Fancy some political correctness now? And where was I even a bit racist? Not at all.
Original post by Hermann Göring
I knew it. 100% of what I expected. Fancy some political correctness now? And where was I even a bit racist? Not at all.

Calling me a mongrel is racist.
Reply 168
Original post by Free.Help
It's very strange..I've met people from so many different backgrounds, posh ''upper class'' people, so called ''chavs'' and those who are societies poorest, and they all had better arguments for/against immigration!

I understand people worrying about immigration, and seeing it as a bad thing, but the arguments are so funny :s-smilie:

But I'm very passonatie about helping refugees/asylum seekers/iregular migrants and raising awareness on this misunderstood issue so I'm enjoying the debate :biggrin:

yeah I just laugh too tbh :wink:
Reply 169
Original post by MrHappy_J
They're all larger countries than the UK?

The Netherlands and the Gulf States (with the exception of Saudi) are not larger than the UK.
Reply 170

Again, becuase a small minority of people rape English girls, you are targeting all in that race. It's wrong. Those rapists represent those rapists, not their people, culture or land. I don't here people calling out in disgust when a white man rapes a black women, that's okay and not a race issue appartantly, but if a pakistani man rapes a white women, it's MORE than that person's fault (i.e. "look at all these paki men coming here just to rape our women" instead of "That PERSON is disgusting and should rot in jail").

It doesn't matter whether they represent all their cousins. The fact is that when you put different racial/cultural groups into contact there will be conflict. Those girls were targeted because they were WHITE. The perpetrators were not arrested for years because they were NON-WHITE. It was a racial problem pure and simple.

It doesn't matter how many innocent Pakistani's the are because while we live in close proximity this sort of crime will happen. Crime that is avoidable. But I see you are happy those girls to pay the price for your PC-dopamine fix.

And to say I'm responsible for those rapes is very obviously very silly.

If you support policies and views that are guaranteed to lead to these horrific crimes, yes you are responsible. If not physically, you are morally responsible.

My whole argument is that people are MADE ignorant on the subject of immigrants (asylum seekers, refugees, economic immigrants etc.) and through no/little fault of their own, they are brainwashed into thinking "those bloodly immigrants" are to blame for everything wrong in this country, while the real culprits are laughing all the way to the bank.

Study after study has shown that immigration only increases gross GDP. There is no net benefit to the natives of a country from immigration. There is a short term boost for businesses but the long term costs for society far outweigh it. Especially when short term work shortages disappear again and those immigrants are permanent.

Do yourself a favour and read the new book by Ed West, The Diversity Illusion. In it he references many of these studies and reports by the UK government that is not reported by the media. Everyone in the UK are kept in the dark about the real consequences of immigration, especially immigration from non-white countries.

Polish immigrants for example have a 1% benefit dependency rate while Bangladeshis and Somalians have nearly 50%.

How would people feel if other countries, say Norway refused entry to British holiday makers due to us being the worst behavied people on earth (apparntly)? I'd be angry, and tell them they are being stupid to judge us all on a small minority of idiots, and I think so would you.

A holidaymaker that is annoying is not the same as permanent immigration that forces long turn economic and social costs on the host population. Absurd comparison.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 171
Original post by effofex
All of the Gulf States, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, France, Germany, Nederland, Spain and Austria accept more as a proportion of their populations than the UK does:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-born_population_in_2005

And it will prove disastrous for them as well.
Reply 172
it's funny to hear how "immigrants are claiming benefits" talk here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-publishes-overseas-benefit-claimant-research

immigrants (i.e. those who, when registered for NIN, were non British citizens) claim ~7% of benefits, while British citizens claim... ~17%.
Also, 25% of all immigrant claimants are from within EU, there is much more (%-wise) from Middle East and Africa.

Also, about crimes: sure, without any doubts there are criminals as well, but:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales
"(..)Most striking perhaps is the fact that this decline has occurred across so many categories of crime. Since 2012, here has been a 16% reduction in motor vehicle theft, a 15% decline in criminal damage and a 13% decline in robbery. In fact, the only category of crime to show an increase is theft from the person which rose by 8% to 107,471 police-recorded offences.(..)"

so- now there is less violent crimes (apart from the theft from the person) than was years ago.
Reply 173
Original post by Martyn*
Foreign workers will also not answer back to the boss, and will work over-time without pay, something that I have witnessed myself on many occasions.

Ie they are better employees?

Personally I wouldn't think about 'answering back' to my boss (unless its some kind of constructive input) because he/she is my damn boss!

I also work over-time without pay, because I'm not paid for overtime... Its a job, you have to do extra sometimes.
Reply 174
Original post by STBUR
And it will prove disastrous for them as well.

Why? Some of these nations continue to have impressive economic growth rates.
Reply 175
Original post by effofex
Why? Some of these nations continue to have impressive economic growth rates.

Growth in your economy is not the same as increasing wealth.

Read this article

http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine/issue/2010/6/the-misguided-advocates-of-open-borders

It references the studies on how immigration from different racial groups decreases social cohesion and lowers income.

That new book by Ed West, The Diversity Illusion also lists interesting information on studies done by governments and think-tanks how immigration (unless it is from similarly wealthy countries) does not improve growth.
Reply 176
Original post by simon_g
it's funny to hear how "immigrants are claiming benefits" talk here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-publishes-overseas-benefit-claimant-research

immigrants (i.e. those who, when registered for NIN, were non British citizens) claim ~7% of benefits, while British citizens claim... ~17%.
Also, 25% of all immigrant claimants are from within EU, there is much more (%-wise) from Middle East and Africa.

Also, about crimes: sure, without any doubts there are criminals as well, but:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales
"(..)Most striking perhaps is the fact that this decline has occurred across so many categories of crime. Since 2012, here has been a 16% reduction in motor vehicle theft, a 15% decline in criminal damage and a 13% decline in robbery. In fact, the only category of crime to show an increase is theft from the person which rose by 8% to 107,471 police-recorded offences.(..)"

so- now there is less violent crimes (apart from the theft from the person) than was years ago.

Firstly when people post links to online newspapers that reference increase in non-white crime people always claim they are unreliable sources. Funny how it is now supposedly legitimate.

And strangely you leave out the 50%+ increase in rape in London, reported by BBC (supposedly a legitimate and unbiased news organization). Which just happens to coincide with the largest impacts from immigration. And it is not due to reporting as all of England operate under the same policies/procedures.

Not to mention that the non-white prison population is over represented. Reference is also in that book I mention in previous post. France has the same issue. It has been widely reported that the Muslim prison population makes up 50% (conservative estimate).

You people just need to start opening your eyes.
Reply 177
Original post by STBUR
Growth in your economy is not the same as increasing wealth.

Read this article

http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine/issue/2010/6/the-misguided-advocates-of-open-borders

It references the studies on how immigration from different racial groups decreases social cohesion and lowers income.

That new book by Ed West, The Diversity Illusion also lists interesting information on studies done by governments and think-tanks how immigration (unless it is from similarly wealthy countries) does not improve growth.

The Gulf states have all had their growth rates improved from migration. Alot of their infrastructure simply would not exist without inward migration. Of course they are selective about who enters, but they are more than willing to allow over 80% of their working male population to be foreigners. The GDP per capita metrics are also the highest in the world - none of these states pursue an immigration policy for the purpose of 'increasing diversity'. It is all about money.
Reply 178
Original post by STBUR
Firstly when people post links to online newspapers that reference increase in non-white crime people always claim they are unreliable sources. Funny how it is now supposedly legitimate.

And strangely you leave out the 50%+ increase in rape in London, reported by BBC (supposedly a legitimate and unbiased news organization). Which just happens to coincide with the largest impacts from immigration. And it is not due to reporting as all of England operate under the same policies/procedures.

Not to mention that the non-white prison population is over represented. Reference is also in that book I mention in previous post. France has the same issue. It has been widely reported that the Muslim prison population makes up 50% (conservative estimate).

You people just need to start opening your eyes.

Have you got proof of what the breakdown between foreign rapists : British-born rapist are, or proof of the ethnicity of the rapists? Also, how come the British state does not allow health authorities to prescribe medication that reduces the male sex drive to foreign men who want it (with the cost passed onto the individual using the drugs)? I'm sure the Gulf states allow this, given the huge gender imbalance in their working population.
Reply 179
Original post by effofex
Have you got proof of what the breakdown between foreign rapists : British-born rapist are, or proof of the ethnicity of the rapists? Also, how come the British state does not allow health authorities to prescribe medication that reduces the male sex drive to foreign men who want it (with the cost passed onto the individual using the drugs)? I'm sure the Gulf states allow this, given the huge gender imbalance in their working population.

I suppose you can ignore the increase in immigrants in London and the 3/4 of a million white British that have left it and pretend that for some reason only white British people in London have suddenly begun to rape more even as their number have dropped drastically.

Since the government/police doesn't release this sort of data, or at least make it difficult. But the trend is self evident. And if the above was not the case the government would definitely make sure the information is published far and wide to support their "success".

Just pick up a book or two about this topic, they will reference their sources.

Latest

Trending

Trending