The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Where's your voice challenge:biggrin:
Original post by Bude8

Daddy Long Legs is not a spider btw :tongue:
Ahh the accent :daydreaming:

You know, I used to be afraid of spiders. Sometime last year, I decided to do a lot of research into spiders - a 'know your enemy' kind of deal, and in my research I grew desensitised to them, and came to find myself pretty fascinated by them, so the fear went away, and now I consider them my 'spiderbros'.

The point is, though, in this quest I also found out that the term "daddy long legs" is used to refer to three groups of organisms: the harvestman, the cellar spider, and the crane fly. Cellar spiders are spiders, harvestmen are arachnids, but not spiders, and crane flies are a completely different order altogether. :tongue:
Reply 2362
Original post by emma.b
Ok maybe I should think of what that is actually called before I do another accent challenge...:L

IT IS VANDALISM DO NOT JUDGE:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it's just funny:wink:
Reply 2363
Ah 'Teepeeing' that's the word I'm looking for! Haha!
Oh yeah, I'd be interested to hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2364
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
You know, I used to be afraid of spiders. Sometime last year, I decided to do a lot of research into spiders - a 'know your enemy' kind of deal, and in my research I grew desensitised to them, and came to find myself pretty fascinated by them, so the fear went away, and now I consider them my 'spiderbros'.

The point is, though, in this quest I also found out that the term "daddy long legs" is used to refer to three groups of organisms: the harvestman, the cellar spider, and the crane fly. Cellar spiders are spiders, harvestmen are arachnids, but not spiders, and crane flies are a completely different order altogether. :tongue:

Oh dear, quite afraid of spiders! Daddy Long Legs are scary little buggers too, might I also mention this is from the girl that has a fear of moths?

So do not be afraid young children I'm sure they don't harm you...:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Wow.... Fish! Your accent is pretty cool! Haha you say things very weirdly though!

Heres a question guys: do you think different races/ethnicities have particular voices? Idk, it may be a stupid question.... :/

You should hear it now, the way I said gpoy imagine it all in that accent :wink:
Reply 2366
Original post by EduWiz
No it's just funny:wink:

Definitely not, your sense of humour is tainted my friend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
x

Ah, didn't know that, you learn something new every day :wink:

I used to live in Australia. There, pretty much any animal would **** you up, especially spiders. I came to the UK with the thought that every spider would **** me up, but the spiders here are basically like defenceless women in car parks.
Original post by MattFletcher
Yep I try to get it out the way as soon as possible!

Finally finished, had some stuff to do as well so I'm back!
Reply 2369
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You should hear it now, the way I said gpoy imagine it all in that accent :wink:

L

ol post it! On soundcloud though, that vocadoo thing has so much noice pollution.
Original post by Leechayy
Finally finished, had some stuff to do as well so I'm back!

:woo::woo:
Reply 2371
Original post by emma.b
Definitely not, your sense of humour is tainted my friend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i doubt it
Original post by MattFletcher
:woo::woo:

:ahee::ahee::ahee:
Reply 2373
ooo what movie??
Reply 2374
I did write a post saying sorry about that? Yeah I do, it's a habit!

...see?! Darn it...
Oh yeah what movie?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
:ahee::ahee::ahee:

Welcome back
Reply 2376
Original post by emma.b
I really just couldn't think haha, I'm awful at answering questions like that!
I sound like a right spoon!:') haha

I'll probably be the same or worse! Your accent made it sound great, it's like a bad news hider!

And a fear of moths isn't too bad, I'm afraid of spiders, anything that comes under the term 'creepy crawly', seaweed, heights, dogs and much more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2377

Well I am glad of that, thank you!:smile:
Oh wow, seaweed?! That's interesting!
Moths...are terrifying creatures! Have you ever noticed they always go towards the light or your face and then they turn to ash and all that creepy stuff? They are like zombie butterflies, all slow and creepy and gross!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
L

ol post it! On soundcloud though, that vocadoo thing has so much noice pollution.

Noise? My Mic is crappy anyway :tongue: so it'd still be like that :')

I want to put three up and you have to guess which is my real accent :mmm:
At the end, please please please can you say
"Just for Bude - ngo chun ga wui hai lei ming ching zi sat"

Latest