The Student Room Group

Hi Im Jewish Yael.

nvm
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why are you looking mainly for jews if you're not very religious?
Original post by Yael
Hello : D My name's Yael and I'm 18 years old. I would describe my ethnicity as Jewish, but I'm not religious.

I'm looking mainly for Jews on TSR but I'm also very willing to make goy friends.

The reason I've registered is because I need a major advice on firming and insurance picking on my universities. I'm looking forward to study VL51 BA Philosophy & Economics at one of the following:

Bristol, Edinburgh, Southampton, Exeter and Cardiff.

I'm currently aiming to firm Bristol/Edinburgh and take Exeter/Southampton as my insurance.

Welcome to TSR :smile:
:hello: Welcome to TSR! :smile:

:tsr:
Welcome! :smile:
Hi = ) I can be your goy friend Yael. I'm Polish and from Łódź a.k.a Lodzh xD
Original post by Yael
Hello : D My name's Yael and I'm 18 years old. I would describe my ethnicity as Jewish, but I'm not religious.

I'm looking mainly for Jews on TSR but I'm also very willing to make goy friends.

The reason I've registered is because I need a major advice on firming and insurance picking on my universities. I'm looking forward to study VL51 BA Philosophy & Economics at one of the following:

I'm currently aiming to firm Bristol/Edinburgh and take Exeter/Southampton as my insurance.

Bristol/Edinburgh for Philosophy&Economics is a rather tough decision. Being from Bath and leaving for London next year, I have some biased view about Bristol.
Hi Yael! My name's Henry and I would love to be your friend. I'm gentile but I always wanted to have at least one Jewish friend.
I'm Jewish but secular. Also I cannot speak neither Yiddish nor Hebrew.
Reply 9
Original post by Yael

Why didn't you apply to... Yale?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Welcome to TSR!
Why do you care about whether or not people are Jewish if you're not religious?
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Why do you care about whether or not people are Jewish if you're not religious?

Original post by Dilan97
why are you looking mainly for jews if you're not very religious?

Why do you care about her caring about whether or not people are Jewish? People are free to search for whoever they wish on TSR - Tories, Russians, Mathematicians or Jews xD

It's mainly because we Jews like to stay together despite the majority of young generation being very secularized. It's our common culture, norms and values I suppose.
Original post by QueenOfSabotage
Hi = ) I can be your goy friend Yael. I'm Polish and from Łódź a.k.a Lodzh xD

You can be mine! My family is from there ( and Lvov ) and have been saved by the Poles.

Original post by BaronessMiller
I'm Jewish but secular. Also I cannot speak neither Yiddish nor Hebrew.

Seriously the younger generations is neglecting some serious stuff! You know you could potentially have 2 free A levels? I did A level ancient and Modern Hebrew in addition to my normal subjects!
Reply 13
Original post by Evie Ninnenbaum
You can be mine! My family is from there ( and Lvov ) and have been saved by the Poles.

Seriously the younger generations is neglecting some serious stuff! You know you could potentially have 2 free A levels? I did A level ancient and Modern Hebrew in addition to my normal subjects!

But were they counted by unis as they could say its your native language?
Original post by tehforum
But were they counted by unis as they could say its your native language?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure! But you know, applying to Oxford with few extra As is never harmful. Well, I have dual Israeli-British citizenship so I suppose they could have been. For a crypto-Jew in the UK they could work in extreme favour.

But then again, who would undergo the fatigue of learning a Semitic language for fun xD
Reply 15
How would you otherwise refer to us. Israeli? I haven't lived in Israel.

When you have Irish ancestry you say you're 1/8 Irish or whatever, in the case of being Jewish you do likewise.
:tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by Evie Ninnenbaum

That's genius.
Reply 17
Original post by tehforum
Why didn't you apply to... Yale?

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Welcome to TSR!

Haha very funny :biggrin:
Because, well, it is...

Baruch haba! Welcome! I'm not Jewish, but I have some friends in Israel and I've learnt a bit of Hebrew off them, if that's something lol
Reply 19
Original post by Hermann Göring
Hi Yael! My name's Henry and I would love to be your friend. I'm gentile but I always wanted to have at least one Jewish friend.

what the f**k! are you actually serious with your name ? : D

I'm an open-minded person with a sense of humor but then there's that :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest