The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Im in the UK but i lived in the states for 2 years. Only been in the UK for 3 years :tongue: Yeah its gonna be real good have fun! Go crazy at the gift shop.

Oh we will, we'll be decked out for sure! I want one of those foam finger things just for a laugh.

Original post by ProgFeanor
Both in basketball and football, I found college game to be significantly more fun than their pro counterpart (not to be generalizing or anything, I don't think that this always holds true) You'll have a great time, the LA Coliseum is a fantastic field too.

Awesome :smile: I believe the seats currently being booked are at the back of section 21 - are they alright? We've had to go through stubhub due to ticketcity being an arse.

Original post by The Troll Toll
Yeah I'm not sure this is really a thing.

HI!
Tell me about it... which school's games did you attend?

Florida Gators in 2008 against Mississippi and Miami. Seen them previously a few more times against Alabama and Arkansas. Saw Michigan against Illinois in that absolutely high scoring game in 2010. Most recently saw the Connecticut against Maryland last year. Seen a few others as well.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by getinthevan
HI!

Hi :smile: I kind of wish I'd been paying attention when you guys were talking about this trip now, but I wouldn't have had the money anyway :frown:
Oh we will, we'll be decked out for sure! I want one of those foam finger things just for a laugh.

Awesome :smile: I believe the seats currently being booked are at the back of section 21 - are they alright? We've had to go through stubhub due to ticketcity being an arse.

HI!

I booked a few times through stubhub. Although when I was trying to find somewhere to buy tickets my uncle kept saying stubhub and I thought he was taking the pissed because my internet provider was called Starhub when I was living in Singapore. I bought a foam finger at the NFL international series game and boy was I disappointed was so badly made and broke when I put my hand in haha.

Get a jersey as well! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Florida Gators in 2008 against Mississippi and Miami. Seen them previously a few more times against Alabama and Arkansas. Saw Michigan against Illinois in that absolutely high scoring game in 2010. Most recently saw the Connecticut against Maryland last year. Seen a few others as well.

How about you?

My girlfriend's brothers are both students at the University of Texas, so I've seen the Longhorns play when I was over there a couple of years ago, Baylor was one of the matches, I don't remember the other one (Iowa State?). Both were losses (they went 2-6 that year in the Big 12), but seeing RG3 play was pretty awesome. Last September I went and saw Texas A&M play the Gators at Kyle Field. That was a loss as well, but damn, Kyle Field is awesome.

My favorite memory stems probably from College BBall though, UConn @ Texas, the year UConn went on to win the NCAA Tournament. They won 82-81 in OT, but that game was ****ing intense.
Hi :smile: I kind of wish I'd been paying attention when you guys were talking about this trip now, but I wouldn't have had the money anyway :frown:

I know, we're so excited :biggrin: it's going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I'm a little glad it just ended up being me and Will to be fair, less people means it's easier to compromise on stuff :/

I booked a few times through stubhub. Although when I was trying to find somewhere to buy tickets my uncle kept saying stubhub and I thought he was taking the pissed because my internet provider was called Starhub when I was living in Singapore. I bought a foam finger at the NFL international series game and boy was I disappointed was so badly made and broke when I put my hand in haha.

Get a jersey as well! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blimey you are well travelled!! Aw, no foam fingers then :frown: I will most definitely be getting a jersey though!! And possibly some pants. They have an awful lot of crap with their logo on :biggrin:
My girlfriend's brothers are both students at the University of Texas, so I've seen the Longhorns play when I was over there a couple of years ago, Baylor was one of the matches, I don't remember the other one (Iowa State?). Both were losses (they went 2-6 that year in the Big 12), but seeing RG3 play was pretty awesome. Last September I went and saw Texas A&M play the Gators at Kyle Field. That was a loss as well, but damn, Kyle Field is awesome.

My favorite memory stems probably from College BBall though, UConn @ Texas, the year UConn went on to win the NCAA Tournament. They won 82-81 in OT, but that game was ****ing intense.

Haha I loved "the swamp" I've decided when I apply for uni thats gonna be one of them. I loved Michigan's stadium as well although the sheer amount there made it a little nerve wrecking. Not many can say they've Seen the one and only Tewbowmania haha.

I know, we're so excited :biggrin: it's going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I'm a little glad it just ended up being me and Will to be fair, less people means it's easier to compromise on stuff :/

Blimey you are well travelled!! Aw, no foam fingers then :frown: I will most definitely be getting a jersey though!! And possibly some pants. They have an awful lot of crap with their logo on :biggrin:

Who's Will haha so confused. Get one I was just saying my experience buying one at the IS one was a poor one but the basketball one I bought was much better.

Well travelled but never settled. You can get a ton of crazy stuff with college logos haha you could get NCAA themed toilet paper im pretty sure :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm not sure this is really a thing.

There are plenty of college players who know full well they will never make the NFL. Less than 3% of college players actually make it to the NFL even as backups. Far less than 10% even make practice squads or anything.
Haha I loved "the swamp" I've decided when I apply for uni thats gonna be one of them. I loved Michigan's stadium as well although the sheer amount there made it a little nerve wrecking. Not many can say they've Seen the one and only Tewbowmania haha.

Who's Will haha so confused. Get one I was just saying my experience buying one at the IS one was a poor one but the basketball one I bought was much better.

Well travelled but never settled. You can get a ton of crazy stuff with college logos haha you could get NCAA themed toilet paper im pretty sure :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will is the guy I'm going with, that bit was replying to The Troll Toll though so don't worry :p:

I really do want a jersey haha. I know when it comes time to fly home I won't want to leave, which sucks!
Will is the guy I'm going with, that bit was replying to The Troll Toll though so don't worry :p:

I really do want a jersey haha. I know when it comes time to fly home I won't want to leave, which sucks!

Ahh right yeah haha sorry wasn't trying to be nosy just on the tsr mobile app it doesn't separate who you were talking to so I was like eh :laugh:

Jerseys cost a bit but I love all my jerseys. Plus I use them a lot. Just casual wear. Wearing at home to be comfortable. Sometimes lent my girlfriend my jersey for her to wear around. Most likely you won't want to go back home but you cam always come back to America. Try go to the tailgating outside the stadiums to get a real feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh right yeah haha sorry wasn't trying to be nosy just on the tsr mobile app it doesn't separate who you were talking to so I was like eh :laugh:

Jerseys cost a bit but I love all my jerseys. Plus I use them a lot. Just casual wear. Wearing at home to be comfortable. Sometimes lent my girlfriend my jersey for her to wear around. Most likely you won't want to go back home but you cam always come back to America. Try go to the tailgating outside the stadiums to get a real feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True! Not to live though, I might just have to marry someone when we're in Vegas :p: we were looking at maybe seeing some roller derby in LA, do you know much about it/if it's worth paying to see?
True! Not to live though, I might just have to marry someone when we're in Vegas :p: we were looking at maybe seeing some roller derby in LA, do you know much about it/if it's worth paying to see?

Id gladly live there. Could go watch the NFL,NCAA and NBA as well as the NHL. Would never be bored. Honestly I've never been to any rollerderby events in the states but I went to one in the uni that's local here and I thought it was awesome haha maybe it helped that there were some pretty girl's doing it though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone playing Junior football (bafanl) this year? That's where the real bants is at.
As I said a couple of weeks ago the Patriots have signed Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. 1 year contract supposedly. I think its to deter Steelers from matching since they might lose him in a year and their in cap hell right now. I think if Sanders signs Pats just extend him.

If it goes through we're now thin at draft picks.
Julian Edelman resigns for the Patriots good news :woo:

In other news Jason Hanson of the lions has retired. Great kicker and a sad day.
Original post by Authority_Song
There are plenty of college players who know full well they will never make the NFL. Less than 3% of college players actually make it to the NFL even as backups. Far less than 10% even make practice squads or anything.
Yeah but that doesn't mean they just play for fun. Most of the guys playing with future NFLers will be on full rides and even the walk ons will take it seriously, at least the ones who get on the field.

Original post by nevergohalfpace
Anyone playing Junior football (bafanl) this year? That's where the real bants is at.

We are all too old.

I am sure I will live it on facebook. I think I went to a gladiators thing once and had a foam finger when I was like 10. It wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.
Yeah but that doesn't mean they just play for fun. Most of the guys playing with future NFLers will be on full rides and even the walk ons will take it seriously, at least the ones who get on the field.

We are all too old.

I am sure I will live it on facebook. I think I went to a gladiators thing once and had a foam finger when I was like 10. It wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.

I always thought owning one would be awesome but it was a little bit of a letdown. Not as awesome as a foam finger was portrayed in Drake and Josh :laugh:
Dennard gets his sentence today heres hoping its not a long one...
Dennards going to be playing next season! Score :woo:
Dennards going to be playing next season! Score :woo:

We needed him bad. Great potential.

Latest