Durham
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by ebowey
What colleges have people applied for, there seems to be a good mix here

Hatfield :smile:.
Reply 222
Original post by muslehkhan93
Oh wow, I thought the deadline was January 15th? I'm sure it went well and your worrying about nothing!!

It was, but they emailed and asked me to take it, hopefully that's a good sign! Still waiting though :frown:
Original post by ebowey
What colleges have people applied for, there seems to be a good mix here

I didn't apply specifically, but got allocated Van Mildert.

What about everyone else?
Reply 224
GUYS I got in, i've got an unconditional for law with foundation :biggrin: don't know my college yet though. Who else is on this course?
Reply 225
Original post by LaurenAB
GUYS I got in, i've got an unconditional for law with foundation :biggrin: don't know my college yet though. Who else is on this course?

congratulations:biggrin:
Reply 226
I've been allocated John Snow college :smile: i'm a bit confused though, i thought the physics foundation was based in durham instead of queens campus. Would it not make more sense to be allocated a college in durham? Also, I've heard foundation students don't need to send off certificates? Is this true? Because I'd need to apply to get mine from 4 different bodies and thats a bit of a squeeze financially atm lol!
Reply 227
Original post by ebowey
congratulations:biggrin:
thank you! Which course will you be on?
Reply 228
thank you! Which course will you be on?

I'm currently on the foundation course, starting theology in October. Any question you have either about the law side of things (I know a few students who are going onto law), or anything about the university. Let me know. Are you from the area?
Reply 229
Original post by ebowey
I'm currently on the foundation course, starting theology in October. Any question you have either about the law side of things (I know a few students who are going onto law), or anything about the university. Let me know. Are you from the area?

Hi ebowey

Have you noticed a real difference between Snow & Stephenson? Do you think either is more suited to mature students? I've applied to Snow.

Thanks
Reply 230
Original post by AZ1234
Hi ebowey

Have you noticed a real difference between Snow & Stephenson? Do you think either is more suited to mature students? I've applied to Snow.

Thanks

I'm based in Durham, so I have unfortunately not had a chance to see the Queens campus, but two of my classmates are studying Archaeology down in Stephenson's, so I could find out from them what its like (from a Queens student perspective). Have you had a chance to see the campus' yet? There a thread on Queens campus if you haven't checked it out.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2260953&page=6&p=42160088&highlight=durham%20queens%20campus#post42160088

Also, I've checked out the Durham page on Snow college and it seems to have a mix of Durham tradition and modernity which may appeal to you. Sorry not much help there. But, I've found that the colleges are supportive towards mature students. :smile: What subject have you applied for?
(edited 11 years ago)

I told you it would be good news!! Great stuff!! I guess we'll be in the same classes!!
Original post by Himynameskiefer
I received word from accommodation today, Van Mildert College! Does anyone know how you accept the offer for the Accommodation? Or is this tied in with my UCAS? As I already accepted to course and such, but it stated that the accommodation is pending. Thus, this is my accommodation and such already accepted?

Also, they're good with people living out, aren't they?

Hey! I have allocated to Van Mildert too !! it will be nice to know somebody before we go :smile: so which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcfıratlı
Hey! I have allocated to Van Mildert too !! it will be nice to know somebody before we go :smile: so which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! Total College buddies! Hahaha. Combined Honours in Social Sciences W/Foundation! You?
Awesome! Total College buddies! Hahaha. Combined Honours in Social Sciences W/Foundation! You?

Definitely!! :biggrin:. I'll be doing politics in foundation and hope to change it to international relations in the first year :smile: do you have any idea about college as I am from Europe I dont have a change to visit. And btw do you know when we will apply for rooms ?
Definitely!! :biggrin:. I'll be doing politics in foundation and hope to change it to international relations in the first year :smile: do you have any idea about college as I am from Europe I dont have a change to visit. And btw do you know when we will apply for rooms ?

Well, I'm not living in the College for my first year, as I live in Durham City. Haha. I've lived here my whole life, so I know where most places are! Looks like you've met a useful friend.

So to answer your question, I'm not sure - but I have double checked the email from Van Mildert. It states:

"We look forward to receiving your eventual decision through UCAS. If you accept the offer and are ultimately successful in meeting the grade conditions, we will contact you again in August 2013 to confirm your place and send you detailed information about accommodation and registration. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries"
Well, I'm not living in the College for my first year, as I live in Durham City. Haha. I've lived here my whole life, so I know where most places are! Looks like you've met a useful friend.

So to answer your question, I'm not sure - but I have double checked the email from Van Mildert. It states:

"We look forward to receiving your eventual decision through UCAS. If you accept the offer and are ultimately successful in meeting the grade conditions, we will contact you again in August 2013 to confirm your place and send you detailed information about accommodation and registration. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries"

Thank you so much :biggrin: ahaha yes I totally agree with you. You are a useful friend and i will probably ask for help when I arrive if its okay with you :yes:. Hope we make good friends. And what will be your subject for your combined honours in social sciences ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much :biggrin: ahaha yes I totally agree with you. You are a useful friend and i will probably ask for help when I arrive if its okay with you :yes:. Hope we make good friends. And what will be your subject for your combined honours in social sciences ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome. :smile:

My subjects will be combined, and will include; Sociology, Anthropology, Foundations of Psychology, including some English as well. This is for the Foundation Year.

After that, I'm not sure; I can decide my own modules.

"Year 1
You will take a core module, and choose five modules, from two, three, or four subjects.

Year 2
You will choose six modules, from two, three, or four subjects.

Year 3 (Year 4 if undertaking a Year Abroad)
You will choose modules from two or three subjects, including a research project
."

EDIT: You can also choose your own subjects, even from the Arts and Humanities sections.
You're welcome. :smile:

My subjects will be combined, and will include; Sociology, Anthropology, Foundations of Psychology, including some English as well. This is for the Foundation Year.

After that, I'm not sure; I can decide my own modules.

"Year 1
You will take a core module, and choose five modules, from two, three, or four subjects.

Year 2
You will choose six modules, from two, three, or four subjects.

Year 3 (Year 4 if undertaking a Year Abroad)
You will choose modules from two or three subjects, including a research project
."

EDIT: You can also choose your own subjects, even from the Arts and Humanities sections.

Sounds fantastic :smile: Hopefully everything goes according to plan for all of us!! I am so excited and cant wait for it!
During the year 0 are there any exams that we need to do ? Also is there a specific grade or score we need to achieve in order to be transferred to the 5 year course ?
Also what happens if we don't achieve the score, will we be chucked out of the course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending