The Student Room Group

Girls, How important is a mans physique?

Feel free to post pics of what you deem attractive or acceptable..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't really think it's massively important, although I am put off by guys that are skinnier than me! It doesn't bother me so much if they are really tall though
Honestly don't care, so long as he isn't fat.
Reply 3
I wouldn't want to speak on any woman's behalf, but I do want to throw in my own opinion.

Do you find this picture surprising?:

bar-refaeli-super-bowl-commercial-go-daddy-makeout.jpg

I do. Is it because of the vast differences in their personality/income/beliefs/musical preference/etc.?
No, it's because one would clearly be considered to be more attractive by most.

Undoubtedly some women will say "to me it makes no difference" and I can't really argue with that. But I think, at least subconsciously, women like men are influenced by physique when being attracted to others.
(edited 10 years ago)
I would say it matters a lot but only the sense that he isn't too much of one sort of physique, as in wasn't too skinny (skinnier than me) or wasn't too fat (like obese) or wasn't too muscular like when it's just unnatural and gross.
Reply 5
Original post by Eldedu
I wouldn't want to speak on any woman's behalf, but I do want to throw in my own opinion.

Do you find this picture suprising?:

bar-refaeli-super-bowl-commercial-go-daddy-makeout.jpg

I do. Is it because of the vast differences in their personality/income/beliefs/musical preference/etc.?
No, it's because one would clearly be considered to be more attractive by most.

Undoubtedly some women will say "to me it makes no difference" and I can't really argue with that. But I think, at least subconsciously, women like men are influenced by physique when being attracted to others.

Is this from a movie or real?
Original post by Anonymous

This is from another universe. Quantum physicists were right.
Not bothered as long as he isn't skinner or shorter than me. Anything else is a plus (muscle is good but not too much).
Reply 8

was a superbowl ad for godaddy.
Well, I have an image of what I find physically attractive - I like broad men with muscle and a bit of fat, so the rugby player type.
But when it comes to wanting a relationship, this seems to fall out of the window and I find their bodies attractive no matter what they look like, so I guess it's not that important
Reply 10

It's from a Superbowl commercial.
IMHO you'd have trouble seeing something like this in real life.
Reply 11
Nice arms......oh nice arms :coma:

This obsession with nice arms started after watching a Nine Inch Nails video...

These are the perfect arms...

That's all I care about in terms of body really, as long as he isn't overweight or underweight I ain't fussy. Even then, nice arms are a bonus, not a deciding factor.

Oh and broad shoulders are a very nice bonus.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Most girls who are wanting a commitment or long relationship are more concerned with personality. I know I'd love my boyfriend no matter what his body was like.
I think girls think that nutella is more important tbh.
Reply 14
This always bugs me, girls always say about skinny boys, i weigh 8 stone, 5' 10" and I'd be willing to bet I eat more junk food than majority of fat people. Being skinny isn't hard work for me, but I think some people don't understand just like how people can't help being fat, neither can people that are skinny. I once made it up to 10 stone with the help of some prescribed steroids by the doctor, then I carried on eating this high intake diet and I lost it all.
Also you know being skinny is bad when you have to wear size 8 womens jeans because mens skinnys look like slim fits.
Reply 15

Reply 16
Since working on my upper body I can categorically confirm that good physique raises many a woman's eyebrows
Reply 17
**** that... I don't stay in shape for girls... I stay in shape for myself.

If girls like it, then that's just a bonus.
Reply 18
I wonder how much she asked for that kiss. :curious:
Original post by jamboogy
**** that... I don't stay in shape for girls... I stay in shape for myself.

If girls like it, then that's just a bonus.

You go, err, boyfriend?

Quick Reply

Latest