The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

What sorts of things do the majority of your gender know that you do not think the opposite gender knows about?

I'm just curious about what your responses will be.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The offside rule.
Reply 2
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. Even if you think that you did not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male, but you do risk being confronted about making these claims.
(edited 11 years ago)
PMS does exist.
Original post by Rybee
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

LOOOOOOOL. Explain this to me please :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Rybee

Women need to understand that following each other into the bathroom isn't acceptable before they can ever grasp the concept of urinal positioning :lol:

Repaid my debt too :wink:
Reply 6
All guys know what this is:

(edited 11 years ago)
How uncomfortable and sometimes slightly painful arse hair can be when sitting down.
Reply 8
Original post by Livingstone
How uncomfortable and sometimes slightly painful arse hair can be when sitting down.

I seriously hope you're a guy.
Original post by Rybee
It's very complicated and it varies for all given situations as to who can use what urinal depending on who's at any urinal at any point, who's waiting, who's finishing etc... I'm afraid you will never understand unless you're a man because it is a sixth sense that we genetically inherited!

But yeah as Mockery said, if you think going to the toilet together is acceptable, and even encouraged. You're far from gripping the concept of male urinal usage!

Can you explain to me what you do at urinals... like, do you just whip your d*cks out in front of everyone? Is this normal? Do you watch eachother? Your species is confusing...

OP: I'd say the thing females understand that males don't is WHY we go to the toilet together. We're normally just talking/gossiping about anything that we can't with everyone around. Also, half the time we just do it because it feels awkward to just walk in alone if there's other girls in there. It's complicated, almost like something that's just subconsciously right to us.
How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.
How damn uncomfortable shaving a vagina is, particularly when it starts regrowing.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.

Amen. Seriously one of the most annoying things for girl to experience. Nothing screams 'I'm on my period' more than opening a pad/tampon wrapper, especially when the toilet is uncomfortably quiet. :rolleyes:
Thank God for those few seconds when someone uses the hand dryer.:colondollar:
Men cant help but stare at boobs.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Men cant help but stare at boobs.

Some girls are practically begging you to stare at them though, with the push-up bras and the low-cut tops. I understand.
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Some girls are practically begging you to stare at them though, with the push-up bras and the low-cut tops. I understand.

Very true, like Moths to flames.
That we don't just ignore talented women and hire men instead; it's just women don't often even apply, and if they do, they normally bugger off after a few years to hatch their younglings.
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Amen. Seriously one of the most annoying things for girl to experience. Nothing screams 'I'm on my period' more than opening a pad/tampon wrapper, especially when the toilet is uncomfortably quiet. :rolleyes:
Thank God for those few seconds when someone uses the hand dryer.:colondollar:

Or when someone flushes and you're just like "YES THANK GOD".

It's stupid, really, since most women have periods, so they at some point have to do this too. But no, it's damn embarassing.

When my mum was in high school, they had an incinerator in the girl's toilets for sanitary items. Which you had to use, in front of everyone. :eek:
Reply 18
Original post by Mockery
Women need to understand that following each other into the bathroom isn't acceptable before they can ever grasp the concept of urinal positioning :lol:

Repaid my debt too :wink:

Hah so true, going into the bathroom seems to be an event that needs to be shared for them.
Reply 19
Original post by CodeJack
Hah so true, going into the bathroom seems to be an event that needs to be shared for them.

When I was at a house party, about 5 girls sat up and went to the small bathroom together. Me and a friend thought it was the last straw and went and joined in.

I was woefully disappointed. They were just stood there laughing about the colour of the bath (it was olive).

Quick Reply

Latest