The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mr Faust
When I was at a house party, about 5 girls sat up and went to the small bathroom together. Me and a friend thought it was the last straw and went and joined in.

I was woefully disappointed. They were just stood there laughing about the colour of the bath (it was olive).

I don't blame them.. Olive is the most outdated bathroom colour in history.

I'd find 5 girls standing up and going into a room a bit creepy, as if they are in a cult and plotting something.
The difference between pink and purple. Boys can't tell.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by CodeJack
I don't blame them.. Olive is the most outdated bathroom colour in history.

I'd find 5 girls standing up and going into a room a bit creepy, as if they are in a cult and plotting something.

What do you mean, if? :wink:

It's just like girls can't understand how guys can piss in front of each other. And guys don't understand why girls go to bathrooms together.
Reply 23
EVERYONE w***s/ has w***ed
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
EVERYONE w***s/ has w***ed

Everyone already knows this. Boys will be boys.
Reply 25
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
What do you mean, if? :wink:

It's just like girls can't understand how guys can piss in front of each other. And guys don't understand why girls go to bathrooms together.

We don't pee in front of each other, that is the thing. You must stay at least one urinal apart and then stare at the wall in front as if its the most interesting wall you have seen in the past 10 years. if you look to the side, you can walk out of the bathroom with a hat labeled 'Gay'. :P
Reply 26
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Everyone already knows this. Boys will be boys.

Lol you'd be surprised the amount of disgusted faces i get
Lol you'd be surprised the amount of disgusted faces i get

Haha. I'd be more surprised if you said you didn't.
We don't pee in front of each other, that is the thing. You must stay at least one urinal apart and then stare at the wall in front as if its the most interesting wall you have seen in the past 10 years. if you look to the side, you can walk out of the bathroom with a hat labeled 'Gay'. :P

But still. You're still peeing with no actual wall separating you. That's strange to most girls. Just like it's strange to guys that girls visit bathrooms in groups.

In my experience, we don't even gossip about things we wouldn't talk about in front of guys. It's just instinct. :biggrin:
Reply 29
A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must use resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person on cubicles 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. If you do not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male.
(edited 11 years ago)
Sitting on your balls really really hurts. Girls need to know this.
Reply 31
But still. You're still peeing with no actual wall separating you. That's strange to most girls. Just like it's strange to guys that girls visit bathrooms in groups.

In my experience, we don't even gossip about things we wouldn't talk about in front of guys. It's just instinct. :biggrin:

Yeah there's often small walls to hide your parts from the view of the neighbour. You would have to be pretty obvious and lean over a bit to see

Peeing is a generally very quick and efficient process for lads. In, out, 3 minutes tops. Nobody looks at anybody, you just focus on the wall and do your thing.
Reply 33
How a boy can judge a girl's looks without taking into account her personality e.g. I can say that shes a hot bitch, but a girl would call her ugly
Original post by danielnkwocha
Peeing is a generally very quick and efficient process for lads. In, out, 3 minutes tops. Nobody looks at anybody, you just focus on the wall and do your thing.

See, it takes so much longer for girls, especially in public.

And girls have to expose a lot more to pee, so I guess that's why we find the idea weird.
Reply 35
Ahh, that explains a lot
(edited 4 years ago)
That farting is both socially acceptable and hilarious.
Yeah there's often small walls to hide your parts from the view of the neighbour. You would have to be pretty obvious and lean over a bit to see

Still :eek:

Trust me, we will never understand each other. Men are from urinals, women are from cubicles. :cool:
Reply 38
untitled.pnguntitled.png
What this is:
Reply 39
How a boy can judge a girl's looks without taking into account her personality e.g. I can say that shes a hot bitch, but a girl would call her ugly

It's all bravado. Most guys (generally) do not seriously only take into account looks when picking a partner. They might do it as a sort of testosterone-filled stupid game, but anything more than that it's probably not serious. I hope anyway - I never do the /10 thing.

Quick Reply

Latest