The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kage
How getting up in the morning can be deadly awquad if for example you have a sleep over, and we of course have the morning thing (I call it the morning thing).
I tend to have to wait it out which can take up to 5-10 minutes at times if people are around.

Girls do have to show more, but in some instances, they actually don't. If you have a skirt for example, your not showing much at all more than you would have been with it on, as the skirt is mostly covering. All you are doing is pulling to the side.
Plus, girls don't go into the cubicals together, so you are generally not showing as much at all :tongue:

I don't feel comfortable if I'm at a urinal and someone goes to the one directly next to me. Nor do I feel comfortable if its an open long one, where everyone is standing next to each other, and everything is in view (i.e in some clubs)

Girls actually do often go in cubicles together. This is usually when drunk though and it is a little weird. I didn't know girls did this until when I went to uni and a friend followed me in.

When sober though, it doesn't happen.
Reply 61
I've never heard of this rule.
Common sense
Logic
Rationality
Driving skills
Maths
Philosophy
Science
Working hard
Sports
Hobbies
:awesome:

EDIT: Seems like a sense of humour is another one to add to the list.
(edited 11 years ago)
Most men have tried to suck themselves. If you know what I mean.
Waking up with the japanese flag on your bedsheets when you're not even due is the most annoying thing in the world.
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
That sounds ****ing painful, and it's something I'd never even though possible. :eyeball:

It's bloody (pun intended) annoying, I'll give you that. And of course, there's people who say "Who cares what people think!?"
But in reality, of course, most people do care about what others think of them.
And that means, for some strange reason, hiding that you're on your period from a bunch of women who are also at some point on their period, for no apparent reason. :colonhash:

I know, I'm not even sure if it happens to all men, certainly some male friends have looked at me like I'm from Jupiter when I've mentioned it... not really painful though just annoying.

And it's weird though isn't it, because women will often tell other women all about the gory details of their life, even their mum or hairdresser. And even if they barely know each other, you just see that "sisterhood" type look and then they're off. We don't mind getting our willies out in close proximity but my God, if anyone ever spoke about it... :smile:
Original post by scrotgrot
I know, I'm not even sure if it happens to all men, certainly some male friends have looked at me like I'm from Jupiter when I've mentioned it... not really painful though just annoying.

And it's weird though isn't it, because women will often tell other women all about the gory details of their life, even their mum or hairdresser. And even if they barely know each other, you just see that "sisterhood" type look and then they're off. We don't mind getting our willies out in close proximity but my God, if anyone ever spoke about it... :smile:

Yeah, we're all pretty weird. I think all people are bizarre in their own ways. Especially about the gender-boundaries :biggrin:
The unbelievable pain of being kicked in the balls with a football. It can be so painful that it makes you feel sick. This probably doesn't compare with giving birth but still - if there's one thing that needs protecting during danger or a sport, it's the balls.

Also, the feeling of "oh ****" due to getting your member caught in your zip.
Reply 68
Loving some of the girls' posts in here, nice to see an insight into their lives. Although 99% of it is period related!
Original post by Rybee
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must use resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person on cubicles 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. If you do not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male.

LMAOOOOO, LOOOL ROFL HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

thanks man you made my night
us guys cannot control our sexual desires, its true and all guys can agree
Reply 71
Also, girls don't appreciate how hard it can be for a boy to piss in the morning straight after they wake up...

Goes all up the walls and shower curtains and that.

Original post by study beats
LMAOOOOO, LOOOL ROFL HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

thanks man you made my night

no worries hah!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
here's one, guys know that girls masturbate too!!! :eek:
Original post by McFlury
here's one, guys know that girls masturbate too!!! :eek:

no they dont, cant belive u fell for that myth
Original post by Rybee
Also, girls don't appreciate how hard it can be for a boy to piss in the morning straight after they wake up...

Goes all up the walls and shower curtains and that

There's a pretty easy solution for this the night before...
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
The unbelievable pain of being kicked in the balls with a football. It can be so painful that it makes you feel sick. This probably doesn't compare with giving birth but still - if there's one thing that needs protecting during danger or a sport, it's the balls.

I beg to differ. A good hard kick to the balls would definitely be as painful if not more painful than birth. It can paralyze a guy with pain for days. Plus, women get all these hormonal releases to help them deal with the pain. We don't get any of that. I think people just say that because women do all the work in bringing the baby into the world (usually) minus the sex, so they deserve a little ass-kissing and validation.
How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.

Oh, I don't find them that loud :s-smilie:, and even so, the sound doesn't bother me. Why be so embarrassed about being on your period anyway? They're completely normal and almost every woman has them :dontknow:
Reply 77
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Amen. Seriously one of the most annoying things for girl to experience. Nothing screams 'I'm on my period' more than opening a pad/tampon wrapper, especially when the toilet is uncomfortably quiet. :rolleyes:
Thank God for those few seconds when someone uses the hand dryer.:colondollar:

How ****ing loud tampon or pad wrappers are in public bathrooms. They couldn't be louder if they tried.

Am I the only one who's not bothered? :dontknow: don't see why that's embarrassing since everyone else in the bathroom has periods too. I used to be embarrassed when I was in year 6 and I was the only girl with a period but not any more!
Original post by Bill_Gates
Men cant help but stare at boobs.

This is true to the point where the reflex is virtually uncontrollable. If a girl has a low cut top the first thing we look at are the boobs. Usually we can pull it off without them realising... i think
Reply 79
Original post by danny111
I've never heard of this rule.

Hence the 'unspoken' rule of urinal usage... :wink:

Well well well. I have to say I'm certainly learning a lot from this thread. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest