The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

I've looked around but I don't think there's a post created about this yet. So I've created this so we can all help each other and possibly come up with a few exam questions or something. This section of the paper is usually worth 24-25 marks. Also since this exam is worth 50% of the AS chemistry grade, it would be good to get these marks.

Scroll to see replies

my class and i looked over it on friday and came up with a fair few possible questions on it.
any questions you thought of?
Reply 2
Original post by chemistrygeek101
my class and i looked over it on friday and came up with a fair few possible questions on it.
any questions you thought of?

None yet! Would you mind sharing them? Our class is covering them possibly next week or after the Easter holiday.
Original post by nukethemaly
None yet! Would you mind sharing them? Our class is covering them possibly next week or after the Easter holiday.

We thought that they could ask if some of the equations are initiation, termination or propagation. Possible a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide. Some stuff on photochemical smog. Structure of ozone and why it is a bent molecule. A ppbv calculation. Some stuff on catalytic converters and oxidation stated of nitrogenous compounds.
Reply 4
- Define the term 'photolysis'
- Draw a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide, showing the dative covalent bond
- How does NO act as a catalyst?
- Define the shape of ozone, stating the bond angle
- Alternatives to fossil fuels
- Dangers of photochemical smog
- How does ozone protect us

I'll try and post more questions when I've had a chance to read it in more detail :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by super121
- Define the term 'photolysis'
- Draw a dot and cross diagram for nitrous oxide, showing the dative covalent bond
- How does NO act as a catalyst?
- Define the shape of ozone, stating the bond angle
- Alternatives to fossil fuels
- Dangers of photochemical smog
- How does ozone protect us

I'll try and post more questions when I've had a chance to read it in more detail :smile:

Thank you! This is really helpful! I'll add more to this after Easter.
Reply 6
We were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

and here are the answers

Hope this helps anyone :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lilGem

and here are the answers

Thanks, this is very useful! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by super121
Thanks, this is very useful! :biggrin:

Pleasure :h:
Reply 9
I've looked around but I don't think there's a post created about this yet. So I've created this so we can all help each other and possibly come up with a few exam questions or something. This section of the paper is usually worth 24-25 marks. Also since this exam is worth 50% of the AS chemistry grade, it would be good to get these marks.

Thanks for the post. I don't know whether we'll discuss it at college or not but I'll post any questions I can come up with as well :smile:
Original post by lilGem

and here are the answers

This is incredibly detailed and so helpful. Thank you very much for sharing, I noticed question 14 is missed out but there is an answer for it would you mind reviewing that bit please.
Again thank you so so much :biggrin:
Reply 11
Thanks everyone for all their contributions. Has anyone come up with their own questions or such that they'd like to share?
Thanks everyone for all their contributions. Has anyone come up with their own questions or such that they'd like to share?

I've got some, I didn't come up with them mind you :colondollar: they're from college but i'll post them later on today (can't exactly be doing chemistry at 2 in the morning lol) I don't have the answers just so you know in advance.
Reply 13
Original post by madrevision
I've got some, I didn't come up with them mind you :colondollar: they're from college but i'll post them later on today (can't exactly be doing chemistry at 2 in the morning lol) I don't have the answers just so you know in advance.

That's okay, post them and we can all come up with answers!
Reply 14
This is incredibly detailed and so helpful. Thank you very much for sharing, I noticed question 14 is missed out but there is an answer for it would you mind reviewing that bit please.
Again thank you so so much :biggrin:

It's okay :smile:

Yeah I'll have a look a bit later :h:
That's okay, post them and we can all come up with answers!
Here you go, hope they're helpful :smile:
Reply 16
Here you go, hope they're helpful :smile:

Thank you! They're great!
Reply 17
Original post by lilgem
we were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

And here are the answers

hope this helps anyone :smile:

EXCELLENT!

Thanks so much!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
You guys have gone through it in good time, our teachers haven't even started it yet:rolleyes:
Reply 19
Has anyone come up with the answers ? I do so can you please post it?

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending