The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NaomiASuts
Geo1.jpgGeo2.jpg
It's by no means perfect (it could be significantly more concise, and i have dreadful grammar) but it got 15/15 and was the only example i could find i did in a timed exam conditions (it was a mock) that was actually presentable. My handwriting is usually a lot worse than this XD

Amazing!! And thanks! I'm doing the same case study too- Aids/hiv in sub Saharan africa! :biggrin: Do you need any examples too? E.g for population?
Geo1.jpgGeo2.jpg
It's by no means perfect (it could be significantly more concise, and i have dreadful grammar) but it got 15/15 and was the only example i could find i did in a timed exam conditions (it was a mock) that was actually presentable. My handwriting is usually a lot worse than this XD

Oh wow you're doing health as well :biggrin:
Original post by homefind
Hey guys just been looking at a past paper and this question came up in coasts section - 'Explain the causes of sea level change and the formation of resultant coastal landforms' is this on about submergent and emergent landforms??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep thats exactly it, I think you can write about 3 emergent and 3 submergent????

Any input??
Geo1.jpgGeo2.jpg

Got any other ones near full marks like that ? :biggrin: Or done any other 6-15 markers? :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Jaydude
Amazing!! And thanks! I'm doing the same case study too- Aids/hiv in sub Saharan africa! :biggrin: Do you need any examples too? E.g for population?

Whoo! I haven't done that much for population yet, we've only really done DMT, ageing population and migration so I haven't got a lot to go on in terms of population (and 1 month to the exam :s) so I'm good for now, but thanks for asking :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by Blueray2
Got any other ones near full marks like that ? :biggrin: Or done any other 6-15 markers? :smile:

I have a few, but some of them aren't the best examples, I have a tendency to write too much unless its in exam conditions :s I can have a look though :smile: I'm sure have have some less than 15 markers lying about somewhere too, i'll have a gander.
I have a few, but some of them aren't the best examples, I have a tendency to write too much unless its in exam conditions :s I can have a look though :smile: I'm sure have have some less than 15 markers lying about somewhere too, i'll have a gander.

Ahh thanks so much :biggrin: Can't wait :smile:
Reply 87
does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam....also does anyone have any good sample answers for population? :smile:
Original post by anwarpwnsall
I guess I'm the Only one doing rivers, coasts, population and energy:') but good luck to everyone!:smile:

im doing the same!! :frown: guysss where do i start :frown: COASTS IS SO MUCH!!! what do you reckon the essay question will be?
Original post by sheepshap
does anyone know the grade boundaries for the exam....also does anyone have any good sample answers for population? :smile:

Original post by TeresaLuciaC
im doing the same!! :frown: guysss where do i start :frown: COASTS IS SO MUCH!!! what do you reckon the essay question will be?

Coasts is seriously major, what text book do you have for it? :biggrin:
It will be on if sea level rises or something like that :smile:
Reply 90
maybe on hard engineering v soft engineering possibly or describe two of these features in detail, wave cut platform, stack, spit, arch , blowhole.

What does everyone think will come up on RIVERS, OTHER BITS ON COASTS, POPULATION AND HEALTH.

btw if i were you revise waterfalls and potholes because apparently my teacher said there most likely to come up
Coasts is seriously major, what text book do you have for it? :biggrin:
It will be on if sea level rises or something like that :smile:

im doing aqa board! and for rivers i think flooding or rejuvenation may come up!!!
Reply 92
the grade boundaries for the exam vary but they are most likely to be around:-

A- 70-76/120

B- 65-70/120

C- 60-65/120

D- 50-59/120
do you think things on hamospheres and psammopheres wil come up? the sand dunes?? im so stuck on it :frown:
Hey I took this exam last year (coasts, rivers, health and population) and got an A (full UMS). Feel free to ask me any questions about the exam, revision, the topics I did :smile:. Best of luck to you all :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalie21
Hey I took this exam last year (coasts, rivers, health and population) and got an A (full UMS). Feel free to ask me any questions about the exam, revision, the topics I did :smile:. Best of luck to you all :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

COASTS!! can you just give any tips on how to revise and what to revise and whats essential ect? thankyou!
do you think things on hamospheres and psammopheres wil come up? the sand dunes?? im so stuck on it :frown:

Thats an a2 term I think :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any model answers? :smile: I find it hard to get the 15 markers :s-smilie: Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
COASTS!! can you just give any tips on how to revise and what to revise and whats essential ect? thankyou!

Coasts seems awful but once I started revising it I felt it all clicked together :smile:.

You need to revise everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats an a2 term I think :s-smilie:

Do you have any model answers? :smile: I find it hard to get the 15 markers :s-smilie: Thanks!

No model answers sorry! Just know lots of detail, and have case studies, technical language and named examples!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No model answers sorry! Just know lots of detail, and have case studies, technical language and named examples!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you not got your 15 mark answers, it will help us to build upon it and to see what it should look like :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending