The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Cheap pubs in the South Ken area

Hey guys, posting in the Imps forum as I figured you students would know the area best - do you guys know of anywhere affordable (yet nice) to drink around South Ken? Looking for about ~£3.30 a pint ideally

Thanks!:smile:
Not really a good place for cheap drinks to be honest, but one of my favourite pubs The Duke of Clarence is nearby. They definitely sell their cheapest pints around £3.10, but they're not a cheap pub :nope:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Not really a good place for cheap drinks to be honest, but one of my favourite pubs The Duke of Clarence is nearby. They definitely sell their cheapest pints around £3.10, but they're not a cheap pub :nope:

Yeah that's true, it's not exactly a slum is it! Thanks for the tip, looks like a nice place to sit (and may as well go somewhere nice if we're only going to end up paying the same in a more standard pub):smile:. Out of interest, which of their pints fall into that price range (I can happily sink an ale)? Would be nice to avoid asking the typical student question: "WHAT'S YOUR CHEAPEST PINT?!":ahee:
(edited 11 years ago)
There's not many around South Ken to be honest, if you want something for less than that or thereabouts (depending what you drink), your best bet is the Student's Union. Some places like the Gloucester Arms aren't that much more expensive, but generally South Ken is not easy on the wallet if you want to go for a drink. I went to one place called Janet's Bar in 1st year. £5 for a Guinness, and that was 2 years ago.

If you want somewhere cheap and are not fussed about location, there's a Wetherpersons in Hammersmith, which is about 20 minutes journey by Bus (24 hour service), and one in Fulham too.
Reply 4
I very quickly skimmed over this title and read it as 'Cheap pubs in the South Korea area' - hah!
Reply 5
Original post by Rybee
I very quickly skimmed over this title and read it as 'Cheap pubs in the South Korea area' - hah!

Same.

Was sadly disappointed.
Reply 6
Original post by Rybee

Original post by tehforum
Same.

Was sadly disappointed.

AHAHA - if only!:frown: Maybe if I get to teach English there for a year, and there turn out to be some pubs there:wink:

Original post by Dracion
There's not many around South Ken to be honest, if you want something for less than that or thereabouts (depending what you drink), your best bet is the Student's Union. Some places like the Gloucester Arms aren't that much more expensive, but generally South Ken is not easy on the wallet if you want to go for a drink. I went to one place called Janet's Bar in 1st year. £5 for a Guinness, and that was 2 years ago.

If you want somewhere cheap and are not fussed about location, there's a Wetherpersons in Hammersmith, which is about 20 minutes journey by Bus (24 hour service), and one in Fulham too.

I was at that Wetherspoons in Hammersmith earlier this week actually - even that's not that cheap! Just the way it goes in London:dontknow:

Well we ended up going to Troubadour (nearer Earls Court tube). Not really a pub, and no beers in sight, but a nice place nonetheless. Got myself the cheapest red wine, which I think was £3.95 for a small (175 ml). Not too bad, especially as it went down well too (Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon - I'm not even usually a wine drinker!). They did slap on a service charge though, which I thought was a bit cheeky - I hate when places add on the charge automatically :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending