The Student Room Group

Are these a levels a good choice? ~ only one science!

I'm doing my gcses this year so choosing a levels for next year. I definitely want to do chemistry, maths (+ FM because it's either that or critical thinking) and am 90% sure about doing art - though it's a lot of work!!For my 5th choice I'm debating whether to do geography or biology. I'm trying to line up my career options for something chemistry related or art related - I don't want to be a doctor/ vet/ medic or anything like that though. I would do biology if it wasn't for the fact that i can find it quite tedious sometimes - there is a lot of learning and regurgitating at the moment. Geography is much more interactive and interesting it seems but the combination of art, chemistry, maths and geography is a bit odd.How essential is it to have more than one science to go into chemistry? Thanks :smile:
well to go into a science course you need 2 sciences and a lot of universities regard maths and geography as sciences
so essentially you are doing 3 sciences (chemistry,maths, geography) which is enough to do science at university
Reply 2
Original post by dtin
well to go into a science course you need 2 sciences and a lot of universities regard maths and geography as sciences
so essentially you are doing 3 sciences (chemistry,maths, geography) which is enough to do science at university

Oh I didnt know that, so it doesn't matter too much then if I take geography. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Jen*34
Oh I didnt know that, so it doesn't matter too much then if I take geography. Thank you :smile:

yeah you could always drop it after AS but i suppose the more sciences you have done then the the more likely it is that universities will accept at least 2 of them
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest