The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Maid Marian
Tell me about it. I was practically crying over my notes before. It makes NO sense. I don't get it at all (although to be fair, we haven't covered half of it in class yet :colondollar:, but still).

:frown:

I feel your pain :/ my teacher is rushing through it saying the book is too detailed, but not giving us enough time to take it in and understand :frown:
Reply 481
Original post by erniiee
DNA technology is a bitch :rant:

Fml, I haven't even looked over that stuff yet :/...I'm still on muscle contraction!
Reply 482
Original post by JoshL123
Fml, I haven't even looked over that stuff yet :/...I'm still on muscle contraction!

I haven't looked at muscle contraction yet :frown:
Reply 483
Original post by erniiee
I haven't looked at muscle contraction yet :frown:

I remember saying in Jan this year of how I was going to look forward to Unit 5....how wrong I was :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 484
How long has it taken you guys to over unit 5? I still havent started :frown: doing chem 5 :frown:
Reply 485
Original post by JoshL123
I remember saying in Jan this year of how I was going to look forward to Unit 5....how wrong I was :/

Yea, I thought it would make a nice change from the environmental nonsense of unit 4..would do anything now to have unit 4 back!
Reply 486
Its weird how many people havent finished the syllabus yet? Are you guys self teaching or something cus at my school we finished the syllabus 2 weeks before end of term. Then again we did start unit 5 before the unit 4 exam. Ive just tried the june 2010 past paper, its a doddle compared to unit 4 haha
Original post by teen1234
Its weird how many people havent finished the syllabus yet? Are you guys self teaching or something cus at my school we finished the syllabus 2 weeks before end of term. Then again we did start unit 5 before the unit 4 exam. Ive just tried the june 2010 past paper, its a doddle compared to unit 4 haha

You've started practice papers already!! :eek:
I liked this video on action and resting potentials.. :biggrin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lmlWoEEKY
How is everyone revising for the essay/synoptic elements?
I'm kind of panicking because (from the Nelson T book) we've only covered sections 9,12,13,14 and still have 10,11,15,16 to cover... Is anyone else in this position? I know section 11+15 are very short, but 16 is the longest. Slightly worried :confused:
Reply 491
Original post by frogs r everywhere
You've started practice papers already!! :eek:

Only the one, not going to do another for a while, ive got unit 5 pretty much covered, going to go over unit 2 again cus i dont remember ANY of it haha.
P.S I'd like to know why I got negged? i asked a question
Reply 492
Original post by erniiee
DNA technology is a bitch :rant:

Hey would you be able to help me on this please!

please explain whether in genetically modified tomatoes the complementary mRNA acts as an inhibitor when it binds on to the mRNA and how does this prevent translation?

Thank you!
Reply 493
Has anyone got any synoptic essay questions (excluding the past paper ones)?
Reply 494
How long has it taken you guys to over unit 5? I still havent started :frown: doing chem 5 :frown:
Reply 495
Original post by emah123

I started at the beginning of the two weeks holidays and i am still doing it! Didn't realise how hoard chapter 16 is :|
Reply 496
Original post by MLogan
where can i get the BIOL5 ones from? Mind posting the link please! :smile:

here is the video i use to summaries unit 5, its is made by beth grey a tsr member so all thanks should go to her if you find it useful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYwIkfLWZg&list=UU9F-vfa-lqPgYUzE2mQoAWg&index=2
Reply 497
Original post by Hamzi
Has anyone got any synoptic essay questions (excluding the past paper ones)?

here is some that i found on the net (sorry don't remember exactly where)
Reply 498
Original post by Minnie me
here is some that i found on the net (sorry don't remember exactly where)

These are great :biggrin: Thank you so much for uploading these and also thanks for the previous link !Would + rep you but ran out :|
Reply 499
Hey everyone. How are you revising for the synoptic stuff? Are you just picking out opics and making links with them?

Latest

Trending

Trending