The Student Room Group

Pret a manger and gap

Hey guys and girls! So basically I applied to some vacancies online for pret and they emailed me saying my application is on hold? Does anybody know what that means?

I rang gap yesterday, literally every gap in London to ask for vacancies, after ringing one about 30mins away from me, a lady said that I should come in and drop in my cv as they have a vacancy for 8 hours a week. I went in today and asked for her, but she wasn't there, but there was another manager there. She said that there were no vacancies. And looked very confused. Do you think I should ring back tomorrow and speak back to the woman?
Which branch was that?
Reply 2
Original post by Tolula
Which branch was that?

Westfield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay I thought it would have been in the same branch I handed in my cv in another branch did you call back the store to see if the manager was there?
Reply 4
Original post by Tolula
Oh okay I thought it would have been in the same branch I handed in my cv in another branch did you call back the store to see if the manager was there?

Loool sorry I thought you were asking about the pret branch. The gap branch was in Bank, London.
I rang the manager that I spoke I on Monday, and she's given me an interview and asked if I was still available for an 8 hour contract. So fingers crossed.
Which gap branch did you take your cv into?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The gap in Islington and I hope you do we'll in your interview
Reply 6
Original post by Tolula
The gap in Islington and I hope you do we'll in your interview

Oh okay I know that one. I was gonna try there but don't think I'll need to hopefully. Nd thank you. Same to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
the thing is, each retail store probably has half a dozen 'managers', they're not all going to be fully clued up on everything

if I were you, I'd look to speak to the manager who told you there were vacancies, and tell her about what the other manager said so you can know whether they'll actually hiring or not
Reply 8
Original post by Jack93o
the thing is, each retail store probably has half a dozen 'managers', they're not all going to be fully clued up on everything

if I were you, I'd look to speak to the manager who told you there were vacancies, and tell her about what the other manager said so you can know whether they'll actually hiring or not

I did, thanks for your help. Had an interview and got the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Pilot96
I did, thanks for your help. Had an interview and got the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ha that was quick, congrats
Wow congrats that is very quick! And did she give i the job on the spot and how did your interview girl and what is your name?
Reply 11
Original post by Tolula
Wow congrats that is very quick! And did she give i the job on the spot and how did your interview girl and what is your name?

Thanks. Yeah she gave me the job on the spot. Can you rephrase the last bit??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I meant to say how did your interview go? And what is your name?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending