The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature AS Revision Help

Hi Can you help me revise for my forthcoming May exam in English Literature .I need some structure to my Revision Schedule , what can you recommend I do Please .

The Books I am studying are, Birdsong and The Great Gatsby
The Poems are : Auden Poems and Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner .

I'm in School on Monday for a all Day Clinic school have set up before we start school proper on Tuesday but just wanted to get loads done starting from Tomorrow.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Is this English literature B? Because I'm doing this exam but 17 May.

What I do/done/doing is mind maps. I've done mind maps with each chapter of 'The Great Gatsby' where I comment on the following things:
Form
Language
Structure
Symbols/motifs/colours/foreshadowing
Setting
Brief summary of what happens
Key quotes

I am now annotating all chapters with this mind map and with the aspects of narrative in mind. Then, I do an exam question on it with this mind map and annotated chapter in front of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by KirstBarlow

What I do/done/doing is mind maps. I've done mind maps with each chapter of 'The Great Gatsby' where I comment on the following things:
Form
Language
Structure
Setting
Key quotes

I am now annotating all chapters with this mind map and with the aspects of narrative in mind. Then, I do an exam question on it with this mind map and annotated chapter in front of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes sorry , 17th May also
Reply 3

Form
Language
Structure
Setting
Key quotes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you possibly send me a copy/sample of one of your mind maps to get me started please?

Thanks
I'm also doing the Great Gatsby and Mariner. I agree with Gardan pretty much but also I like to plan a 'How does .... tell the story in Part/Chapter...' for each text.

It's paragraphs/extended bullet points on Form, Structure, Language and it's just to make me more confident around the texts so I know some key aspects on what to comment on.
Original post by gardan
Could you possibly send me a copy/sample of one of your mind maps to get me started please?

Thanks

Sure thing. They are not done on the computer so I'll have to take pictures. Is there any particular chapter you want?
Chapter 6 is most likely to come up in the exam but that's not certain.
Reply 6
Sure thing. They are not done on the computer so I'll have to take pictures. Is there any particular chapter you want?
Chapter 6 is most likely to come up in the exam but that's not certain.

chapter 6 sound like a good idea , just be nice to get an idea so I can get going on my own mind maps, thanks a load for giving me this help and time.
Original post by gardan
chapter 6 sound like a good idea , just be nice to get an idea so I can get going on my own mind maps, thanks a load for giving me this help and time.

It's no problem, anything for a fellow student.
This mind maps also work with poems and even dedicating a whole mind map on one thing, like symbolism in a poem or novel. 825.jpg

If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know and I'll rummage through all my stuff to fit what you need. Hope this helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
It's no problem, anything for a fellow student.
This mind maps also work with poems and even dedicating a whole mind map on one thing, like symbolism in a poem or novel. 825.jpg

If there is anything else I can do for you, let me know and I'll rummage through all my stuff to fit what you need. Hope this helps.

Just having a nose at your map , will come back to you later , but thanks a bunch
Reply 9
Any idea what question B will be?
Hey there

Maybe setting or dialogue?
Symbolism, imagery are my hopes and guesses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending