The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mark85
Ha! Last guy was quality... You can read his mind

"ITS A TRAP... ABORT ABORT ABORT!"

Yeah, hopefully he didn't really need to go! Would have been such a horrible choice to make :biggrin:
Reply 181
Original post by Llewellyn_J
Kicking in the balls actually can result in people dying, it can cause ruptured blood vessels, internal bleeding etc as there are major arteries present in the groin area. It would just have to be one hell of a hit to be life-threatening. Not only that but here's the real juicy bit, the pain waves emanating from testicular nerves can be so severe if the hit is well placed and hard enough, they can cause an overload, put the man's brain into shock and kill him.

And the number of people dying from it has no bearing on how painful it is. Whoever heard of dying from a pin-prick to the eye? Yet it can cause blindness and is totally excruciating because the eye is so vulnerable and has so many nerve endings. It's not as if the rest of the body would die without a second eye is it?

I just dropped a logic bomb on your feminist high-horse.

I tip my hat off to you sir!
Reply 182
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
I wish I could add to your already 40 rep on this post but I'm all out!
This is brilliant! :'D

Original post by Music99
Legend.

I try :wink:
Reply 183
i'm lolling at the girls not knowing what the picture of the couch is... haha!

Original post by Steezy
Whilst on a course once I had a dude start talking to me in the urinals... while we were both weeing.

That's just not cool guys.

There are just some sick, sick people in this world Steezy!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Holby_fanatic
All of my male friends refuse to believe it's real...

I never believed PMS existed either (just thought my friends were using it as an excuse for moodiness) until I went on contraception. Turns out those extra hormones DO make a difference...
Reply 185
Original post by Bella_trixxx
I never believed PMS existed either (just thought my friends were using it as an excuse for moodiness) until I went on contraception. Turns out those extra hormones DO make a difference...

I'm still a PMS skeptic!
Original post by Sheldor
I don't really agree since for one thing, how do you get into the music industry/athletics or whatever? (It starts off as a hobby.)

So seeing that most DJs are guys means that field is dominated by men..along with every other one I mentioned.

But anyway, I'm not particularly familiar with DJs, but it seems strange to just pick out an industry where there are more males interested in it in the first place. I could say the same about yoga instructors.

Music shouldn't be limited to one gender, but it seems that it is. Yoga is more feminine as it is about stretching etc which interests few men.

There's a big difference between having few and having none. Having few could mean having less and spending more time/money on them. (eg, a band or travelling or stand up or marathon running etc.) I think that tends to make more sense than just doing a bit of everything here and there.

Also, what are you basing this off?
Out of curiousity.

I knew of few girls (well only 2) who actually spent money on a hobby. Every other girl either had none or did few which were free.

I'm basing this off experience and knowledge. As I have said, girls have a bad habit of saying they do hobbies x, y, and z, when in fact they do none of them or do it so rarely that it is not a hobby (every girl I have lived with has done that).
Original post by Llewellyn_J
Kicking in the balls actually can result in people dying, it can cause ruptured blood vessels, internal bleeding etc as there are major arteries present in the groin area. It would just have to be one hell of a hit to be life-threatening. Not only that but here's the real juicy bit, the pain waves emanating from testicular nerves can be so severe if the hit is well placed and hard enough, they can cause an overload, put the man's brain into shock and kill him.

And the number of people dying from it has no bearing on how painful it is. Whoever heard of dying from a pin-prick to the eye? Yet it can cause blindness and is totally excruciating because the eye is so vulnerable and has so many nerve endings. It's not as if the rest of the body would die without a second eye is it?

I just dropped a logic bomb on your feminist high-horse.

I didn't say it was impossible to die from being kicked in the balls; I just compared the two - it's far more likely for childbirth to cause death than being kicked in the the balls.

Also, being kicked in the balls is pain on impact - that split second of extreme pain, followed by aching afterwards. Childbirth? For lot's of women, giving birth is hours of constant pain followed by days of aching.
Original post by Rybee
I seriously hope you're a guy.

So do I man, so do I...
Original post by Peaches & Cream
I didn't say it was impossible to die from being kicked in the balls; I just compared the two - it's far more likely for childbirth to cause death than being kicked in the the balls.

Also, being kicked in the balls is pain on impact - that split second of extreme pain, followed by aching afterwards. Childbirth? For lot's of women, giving birth is hours of constant pain followed by days of aching.

Does it really matter? At the end of the day they're both painful experiences and neither gender will know the other's pain fully. No use comparing which is more painful, what do you want if people acknowledge that one is more painful than the other, a medal?
Original post by danielnkwocha
Does it really matter? At the end of the day they're both painful experiences and neither gender will know the other's pain fully. No use comparing which is more painful, what do you want if people acknowledge that one is more painful than the other, a medal?

Considering it's what this thread is asking, yes, it does matter. Besides, I'm just explaining my point of view.
Original post by Jimbo1234
So seeing that most DJs are guys means that field is dominated by men..along with every other one I mentioned.

Music shouldn't be limited to one gender, but it seems that it is. Yoga is more feminine as it is about stretching etc which interests few men.

I knew of few girls (well only 2) who actually spent money on a hobby. Every other girl either had none or did few which were free.

I'm basing this off experience and knowledge. As I have said, girls have a bad habit of saying they do hobbies x, y, and z, when in fact they do none of them or do it so rarely that it is not a hobby (every girl I have lived with has done that).

I think it really depends on the genre of music as to if it's male or female dominated. DJs (assuming we're talking about proper ones not primary school disco types) tend to do house/club/hiphop music, all areas which are male dominated in terms of interest. Something like K-POP is female dominated. Mainstream pop is 50/50, etc.

Meh, I guess it's another anecdotal v. anecdotal. I live in the southeast, (quite near London) and I know just from walking around town that there are plenty of girls with hobbies. Friends and family members at uni also tend to gush about all the niche societies they've joined, and I find it hard to believe that they're all male dominated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Do you look at each other while you're on the bog, or is there some kind of unwritten rule where you have to be doing your make up or texting a boi, until it's your turn to sit down?

normally i turn my back depending how drunk i am, otherwise just face and talk lol
Something men know that women don't: shopping is a chore, not a fun activity...
Original post by TurboCretin
We are widely aware of that, thanks.

As you can see by the negs, not everyone believes it exists. They just think it's an excuse for us to cry or be bitchy or something. :rolleyes:
No you're not allowed number 4. Then there's nowhere for anyone else to go.

On the topic of urinals, urinal talkers are the worst. Even worse than going next to someone. And then if you continue it after the urinal... :angry:
Original post by Sheldor
I think it really depends on the genre of music as to if it's male or female dominated. DJs (assuming we're talking about proper ones not primary school disco types) tend to do house/club/hiphop music, all areas which are male dominated in terms of interest. Something like K-POP is female dominated. Mainstream pop is 50/50, etc.

Not really. Dance genres are neutral, but dominated by male DJs and male fans (in the UK but not abroad). K-pop is not female dominated. The number of boy bands is huge, but that whole area of pop is redundant as they are "factory made".

Meh, I guess it's another anecdotal v. anecdotal. I live in the southeast, (quite near London) and I know just from walking around town that there are plenty of girls with hobbies. Friends and family members at uni also tend to gush about all the niche societies they've joined, and I find it hard to believe that they're all male dominated.

Ha, societies do not equate to hobbies. I know dozens of people who joined dozens of societies...and quit within a term or two.
Also the South East is rather well off and unlike most of the UK. This combined with you attending a private school means you really will have had a rather unique and unbalanced view of people.
Getting soap/shower gel/shampoo up your urethra hurts like HELL.

After scratching your balls, sometimes you just have to sniff your hand. There is no choice.

Classy, I know.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 198
Girls don't know why guys open doors for them. Or do they :ninja:
Some men hate touching public toilet door handles as the rest of the breed don't wash their hands after touching their penis. Essentially, if you touch it, you have basically touched another guys penis. Urgh.

Quick Reply

Latest