The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gnome :)
Nope :smile: As long as you apply before the deadline (in June I think? Can't remember!)

Original post by GDewar

I think Gnome's right, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's soon-ish.

August 16th is the deadline. Everyone applying will receive equal consideration providing they meet the criteria set out in the accommodation guarantee. Your chance of getting the accommodation you want is officially the same whether you apply today or in the middle of July.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 61
Firmed for Sustainable Energy Engineering! Good luck to everyone on meeting your offers :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by HollieRiddell
Firmed for biology :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firmed for biology too! :smile:
Original post by pierrot
Firmed for biology too! :smile:

Awesome, see you there! Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm struggling to pick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by HollieRiddell
Awesome, see you there! Any idea where you're staying yet? I'm struggling to pick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you! :smile: I live in Edinburgh already so I'm going to stay at home for at least the first year, so can't help there haha! Where are you thinking about?
Reply 65
Original post by GDewar

I think Gnome's right, it doesn't make a huge difference as long as it's soon-ish. Politics and Sociology is pretty close too! You'll have social and political theories bursting out of your ears by the time you've finished. :P Have any career path in mind or are you just really interested in social science?

Well, not really, I don't have a specific career path in mind although there are several alternatives that are of high interest to me. I think I will actually be driven to jobs that, although are not directly related to the course, are greatly relevant and the course will be very handy when the time comes e.g. media-related ones.
But generally I chose the course mainly because it seems really interesting to me.
What about you? Are you considering any particular career path?
Reply 66
Msc in International Relations. :biggrin:
Reply 67
That's really interesting, forever888, and keeping your options open sounds like a really smart route. I'm wanting to get involved in media too, as a journalist. I've wanted to be a writer since I was wee, and I'm sticking to that ambition: despite the fact both novelists and journalists are infamously poor. :P Ah well, it'll be worth it.

Apparently Edinburgh's really good for media opportunities, so that's good news for us! The Darroch Court accomodation is just down the road from the Scotsman HQ and the Edinburgh BBC Building.

Posted from TSR Mobile
firmed for international relations!
Reply 69
Firmed for Chemical Engineering! :smile:
Reply 70
Yay! I'm not the only engineer on this thread :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Yep. Post copies if you like (or fax them - but who has access to a fax machine these days?). But the easiest/safest way is to scan them and attach them onto the message requesting them in euclid. Was good enough for them back in 2007 too!

Thank you! Do we have to send both GCSE and AS level or just GCSE?
Reply 72
Original post by leah_morgan

Both :smile:
Reply 73

Original post by :)
Both :smile:

Ahh thank you! I just need to get my AS certificate from school now!
Firmed for Oral health sciences, anybody else firmed for that? Only 10 on the course, but worth a try lol.
Original post by pierrot
See you! :smile: I live in Edinburgh already so I'm going to stay at home for at least the first year, so can't help there haha! Where are you thinking about?

Aw well that's handy! I decided to go for the ones on the other side of George Square as I didn't hear good things about the Cowgate :smile: apparently it's pretty random anyway where you end up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed for psychology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leah_morgan

Yup, as Gnome says, if you have certificated your AS levels then they need to go in too. Back in day I didn't certificate until I'd completed my AS and A2s (handy because I didn't have to declare my AS results on the UCAS application), but I gather that's much more unusual now.
I have a conditional place for Archaeology which I have firmed. One of the conditions was GCSE language at grade C or above so when I found this out in January I started a iGCSE spanish course... However I am finding distance learning a language in this short space of time extremely difficult and am starting to panic. there is no compulsory language modules for archaeology but my place is conditional on the spanish GCSE... I have AAB at A levels already and it's only the spanish that my place is conditional on... do you think I won't get a place if I don't achieve my spanish grade??
Reply 79
Firmed for Philosophy :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending