The Student Room Group

Girls, How important is a mans physique?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I get called skinny and I'm 5ft 7 and 10 1/2 stones. I dread what life must be like for people skinnier than me judging by this thread...
Reply 61
The main thing you have to realise, OP, is that most girls just won't care as long as you aren't at either end of the extreme. Since you wear clothes 80% of the time (unless it turns out that you're a nudist), girls won't see much of your physique until it comes to the point that they've gotten involved with you and probably like you for more than what your body-shape is.
Reply 62
Original post by Lexi99
About as important as you perceive a girls physique to be

No, it is not.
Reply 63
I must not find it too important because when me and my fiance first started going out 4 yrs ago, he was the double of Jared Leto (yum) and now he is fat with a beard and I still find him attractive and love him to bits. Though not gonna lie, sometimes I do miss his old look but I'd be too worried girls would fancy him so I'll just stick to him looking like a bear. He's a lot cuddlier that way anyway :smile:
Honestly don't care, but I couldn't deal with skinny guys. Their physique genuinely disgusts me just as much as other people are disgusted by fat (I don't have the fat disgust for some reason :dontknow:)
Original post by Spontogical
How times have changed.

6-18 months ago, 99% of the girls on TSR preferred skinny guys. :lol:

Maybe the same girl grew up. I do notice that teenager girls do seem to like skinnier guys more. I think it might because they're not very sexual yet. Skinny guys may sometimes look better in terms of "he looks like a flower", but they're not sexually appealing in any way whatsoever.
Original post by Ollied
This always bugs me, girls always say about skinny boys, i weigh 8 stone, 5' 10" and I'd be willing to bet I eat more junk food than majority of fat people. Being skinny isn't hard work for me, but I think some people don't understand just like how people can't help being fat, neither can people that are skinny. I once made it up to 10 stone with the help of some prescribed steroids by the doctor, then I carried on eating this high intake diet and I lost it all.
Also you know being skinny is bad when you have to wear size 8 womens jeans because mens skinnys look like slim fits.

This brother speaks the truth.
Original post by Dragonfly07
Maybe the same girl grew up. I do notice that teenager girls do seem to like skinnier guys more. I think it might because they're not very sexual yet. Skinny guys may sometimes look better in terms of "he looks like a flower", but they're not sexually appealing in any way whatsoever.

I agree! - and this is coming from an ex-skinny guy! Not a good look imo.
Reply 68
Original post by Yasmin25
I must not find it too important because when me and my fiance first started going out 4 yrs ago, he was the double of Jared Leto (yum) and now he is fat with a beard and I still find him attractive and love him to bits. Though not gonna lie, sometimes I do miss his old look but I'd be too worried girls would fancy him so I'll just stick to him looking like a bear. He's a lot cuddlier that way anyway :smile:

Nice one there... Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not into really muscular guys - they honestly make me feel guilty for not spending my life at the gym, when I hate the gym. Obviously healthy is good, and if there is a little bit of tone from just being an active person, that's great. I wouldn't want someone who changes themselves just to have a good body.
Reply 70
I think it's really important. A healthy physique shows that they take care of themselves and are fit, whereas a overweight physique doesn't (assuming that you're overweight because you overeat and don't exercise). They don't have to be really muscular though, just slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by canadamoose
I'm not into really muscular guys - they honestly make me feel guilty for not spending my life at the gym, when I hate the gym. Obviously healthy is good, and if there is a little bit of tone from just being an active person, that's great. I wouldn't want someone who changes themselves just to have a good body.

You don't even need to go to the gym or spend much time there to be healthy and fit to be honest.

Most guys who attend the gym spend far less time than the average uni student does on Facebook.

What do you mean by the bolded btw?
I wish I could actually put on more weight im currently 6"3 and 10 stone people call me skinny :frown: but my high metabolism makes it impossible for me to gain.
Women will all say it doesn't matter, but I remember looking at a blog some guy posted about dating sites, where he put up pictures of a fat guy, an average guy, and a muscular guy (who was shirtless).

The profile with the muscular guy got more veiws, more replies from the messages sent out (which were generic messages). It also got replies/multiple veiws from girls who, on their profile, had states that body type does not matter, or that topless pictures were cringe.

Speaking of that, when I did online dating, I remember getting more veiws when i changed my pic to a shirtless one, and had replied and even girls initiating messages.

Additionally, next time you are on the beach, look at who the girls generally stare at.
Reply 74
Original post by LutherVan
No, it is not.

Why?
Reply 75
Original post by Lexi99
Why?

It is evident all around you that the average women is more interested in other factors than physique, unlike men.

Physique is less important to women than it is for men.
Reply 76
Original post by LutherVan
It is evident all around you that the average women is more interested in other factors than physique, unlike men.

Physique is less important to women than it is for men.

I took the question to mean how important is it that a man has a good physique against a bad one, not how important is his physique compared to other qualities.
Reply 77
I'm not bothered at all as long as the man's weight isn't stopping him from looking after himself.
Reply 78
I don't like a lot of muscles e.g 6 packs. I don't find them very attractive and I know of other women who feel the same way. I like my men to be a healthy weight but for me it's brains over looks. Though it all really depends on the woman. Just be healthy :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by Eldedu
I wouldn't want to speak on any woman's behalf, but I do want to throw in my own opinion.

Do you find this picture surprising?:

bar-refaeli-super-bowl-commercial-go-daddy-makeout.jpg

I do. Is it because of the vast differences in their personality/income/beliefs/musical preference/etc.?
No, it's because one would clearly be considered to be more attractive by most.

Undoubtedly some women will say "to me it makes no difference" and I can't really argue with that. But I think, at least subconsciously, women like men are influenced by physique when being attracted to others.

he did say physique though not face. I don't really care at all about a mans physique. If he was fat it would put me off but thats about the extent of it. But his face would make a huge difference to whether I was attracted to him. maybe lots of girls are similar and thats why they tend to say it doesn't matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending