The Student Room Group

Is she taking advantage?

There is this girl I like, I'm starting to see a kind of ignorant side to her, like she'll start texting me then after a while stop then in a couple of days just starts texting me with lots of hearts and stuff and says 'Sorry' and just starts a new convo? Is she taking advantage of my kindness because she knows ill always immediately reply back to her? Any advice?
(edited 11 years ago)
If that's the only problem with her, it's not really a big issue, is it? I thought this was going to be about money, or cheating.
Meh, I know a couple of girls who do exactly what you've described OP. Only they're not polite enough to apologise afterwards - count yourself lucky! :biggrin:
Reply 3
She's playing hard to get because she likes you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Maybe she's busy with things
Reply 5
Original post by Barlow
There is this girl I like, I'm starting to see a kind of ignorant side to her, like she'll start texting me then after a while stop then in a couple of days just starts texting me with lots of hearts and stuff and says 'Sorry' and just starts a new convo? Is she taking advantage of my kindness because she knows ill always immediately reply back to her? Any advice?

Stop being needy.
Stop replying to her.
Reply 7
Original post by Spongebob'sPants
Stop replying to her.

This. If she likes playing games either stop replying or play back, she won't like if you do the same thing haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
she's using you as a back up from the sounds of it,move on bud to someone who puts as much effort in as you
I dated a guy for a while who was extremely clingy. I was clear from the outset that I didn't want a relationship and just wanted fun, and he said that was fine, but he didn't act like it! Once he didn't text me for a while and then afterwards volunteered the information that he was trying to play it cool :erm: I'd take a while to reply to texts, not deliberately but because I would think I'd text back in a few minutes and forget and do other things instead. I'd always apologise if it took a few days to get back to him, but ultimately I just wasn't as interested in him as he was in me. I did try to be clear about my intentions from the outset though.

Eventually I said I thought we should stop seeing each other, and he seemed really upset, and I felt really bad, but really I did all I could to get my message across.

Anyway. TLDR, I'd stop texting her back quite so fast. It's an unfortunate thing, but people are always more interested in those who aren't quite so available. The guy I dated was totally smothering and it put me off, partly because I felt claustrophobic and partly because I felt pre-emptively guilty about not ever feeling the same as him and it made me want to back away.
I really can't be bothered with anyone who plays games or plays hard to get, I would suggest don't reply as the others said.
Girls like that seem to like 'the chase', if that's the case, don't reply. Simple. She won't like it, therefore she may begin to make the effort. Don't become clingy, its creepy. Women don't like guys who are too sensitive, it defies masculinity.
Original post by Rock Fan
I really can't be bothered with anyone who plays games or plays hard to get, I would suggest don't reply as the others said.

Exactly. When they get nothing they'll stop gradually.

A more direct approach that I favor is to confront them - but be prepared to lose them:

Ask what she wants.

They'll likely say they bored as oppose to admitting anything.

Respond that it's irritating to keep getting these texts.

You establish a higher value - wait a while for her to reply.

If she respects you she will, and there is something there, good, if not move on.

Reply 13
The Beta is strong in this one.
Tell her off for being so unreliable. Simple as that. Will set the tone for a possible relationship.
Reply 15
This is why people think TSR users are socially deficient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending