The Student Room Group

Nursing

Hi :smile:
I was wondering if anyone who's doing a nursing degree has any advice on what the experience is like and how competitive it was to get onto the degree
Reply 1
It is quite competitive, especially since higher tuition fees have been implemented. I personally love the course and can't see myself doing anything else. What experience do you want to know about?
Original post by Shehani96
Hi :smile:
I was wondering if anyone who's doing a nursing degree has any advice on what the experience is like and how competitive it was to get onto the degree

I'm applying at the minute and have 4 offers, still waiting to hear back from one. It's a very competitive course because there are no tuition fees (but also has a very high drop out rate because people don't realise what they're getting into).

The best advice I can give you is to get some sort of work experience before applying so you know what nursing is like as a career. Some sort of experience/volunteering will help so much. It's definitely not for everyone, and you need some personal experience to work out if it's for you. As long as you have a good personal statement and interview well, and you have applied to universities with realistic grade requirements, you have a fair chance of getting an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending