The Student Room Group

Switching courses after receiving an offer.

I have just got an offer from the University of Bath to study Economics, however, I've changed my mind after I sent off my UCAS and now would like to do Economics and Politics.

What are the chances that they will allow me to switch? Does anyone know? :s-smilie:
Original post by seeking_prudence
I have just got an offer from the University of Bath to study Economics, however, I've changed my mind after I sent off my UCAS and now would like to do Economics and Politics.

What are the chances that they will allow me to switch? Does anyone know? :s-smilie:

They may let you switch, you should call them and ask them (don't email them). I think it's highly likely as you're still going to be doing economics, you just want to combine it with Politics, so it isn't an entirely different course.

Hi seeking_prudence

I work in Admissions and it won't be a problem for you to change from Economics to Economics and Politics. You'll need to send an email to [email protected]. Make sure that you include your full name and UCAS number and state clearly the course that you would like to change to (LL12 - 3 years, no placement, or LLC2 - 4 years with placement).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi seeking_prudence

I work in Admissions and it won't be a problem for you to change from Economics to Economics and Politics. You'll need to send an email to [email protected]. Make sure that you include your full name and UCAS number and state clearly the course that you would like to change to (LL12 - 3 years, no placement, or LLC2 - 4 years with placement).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. :smile:

Hello,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. :smile:
When is the deadline for switching courses? I presume it's necessary to know your course code for applying for Student Finance?
Hello,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. :smile:
When is the deadline for switching courses? I presume it's necessary to know your course code for applying for Student Finance?

Hi again

I would encourage you to do it as soon as possible - if you know you want to change then it would be better to get it done now before the pressure of exams really kicks in.

Yes, you'll need to know your course code when you apply for student finance - although you can go in and change this later if needed. If you haven't yet applied for student finance, I would strongly encourage you to do this soon!
Hi again

I would encourage you to do it as soon as possible - if you know you want to change then it would be better to get it done now before the pressure of exams really kicks in.

Yes, you'll need to know your course code when you apply for student finance - although you can go in and change this later if needed. If you haven't yet applied for student finance, I would strongly encourage you to do this soon!

Okay, brilliant I will e-mail you as soon as possible. :smile:

Also you don't happen to know when is the deadline for student finance application??
Okay, brilliant I will e-mail you as soon as possible. :smile:

Also you don't happen to know when is the deadline for student finance application??

Great. :smile:

Are you an English student? The deadline for applying to Student Finance England is 9 months after the start of your course. However, to get your money in time for the start of the 2013 to 2014 academic year you must apply by 31 May 2013. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when
Great. :smile:

Are you an English student? The deadline for applying to Student Finance England is 9 months after the start of your course. However, to get your money in time for the start of the 2013 to 2014 academic year you must apply by 31 May 2013. More info here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when

Yes, I'm an English Student and I have also sent your admissions team an e-mail regarding my course change.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you. What are the chances of not getting your finance if you don't apply by 31 May 2013? I know somebody who applied in August for his student finance and still got it in time.
Yes, I'm an English Student and I have also sent your admissions team an e-mail regarding my course change.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you. What are the chances of not getting your finance if you don't apply by 31 May 2013? I know somebody who applied in August for his student finance and still got it in time.

Sorry - I don't know enough about Student Finance England to be able to answer that - there is a forum on here where you can pose questions to an advisor from Student Finance England: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910, so you could ask there and they will be able to give you expert advice! :smile:
Sorry - I don't know enough about Student Finance England to be able to answer that - there is a forum on here where you can pose questions to an advisor from Student Finance England: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910, so you could ask there and they will be able to give you expert advice! :smile:

Okay great thank you so much for your help!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest