The Student Room Group

Income assesment

So I asked for my parents income to be assessed as part of my finance application to which they sent away the relevant documents which the guy on the phone clarified they have received...

A few weeks later I get a 'breakdown' of what I am entitled to with a declaration form. This apparently does not take into account household income :s-smilie: (basic loan and tuition fees)

I have been on my online account which basically says the same thing. It tells me my parents do not need to send any evidence and that this assessment is not based on household income.

But I don't understand? I didn't ask to be assessed without my parents income being taken into account and if this is just 'standard' practice, how long does the real entitlement take? I need to also do a current year assesment form, but I can't see how I can now :frown:

So confused! Please help!
Original post by Rainbows!
So I asked for my parents income to be assessed as part of my finance application to which they sent away the relevant documents which the guy on the phone clarified they have received...

A few weeks later I get a 'breakdown' of what I am entitled to with a declaration form. This apparently does not take into account household income :s-smilie: (basic loan and tuition fees)

I have been on my online account which basically says the same thing. It tells me my parents do not need to send any evidence and that this assessment is not based on household income.

But I don't understand? I didn't ask to be assessed without my parents income being taken into account and if this is just 'standard' practice, how long does the real entitlement take? I need to also do a current year assesment form, but I can't see how I can now :frown:

So confused! Please help!

The current year assessment form will be available soon.

The breakdown you get doesn't include income assessed yet, this is because student finance assess everyone non income assessed first.

Did you tick the box that said you wanted it to be income assessed? If so, don't worry about it you'll be fine. You will need to send in evidence though.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
The current year assessment form will be available soon.

The breakdown you get doesn't include income assessed yet, this is because student finance assess everyone non income assessed first.

Did you tick the box that said you wanted it to be income assessed? If so, don't worry about it you'll be fine. You will need to send in evidence though.

Well my parents have already sent in their evidence so yeah, am pretty sure that confirms I ticked income assessed? Guess I will just have to wait then! Is it normal to wait longer?
Well my parents have already sent in their evidence so yeah, am pretty sure that confirms I ticked income assessed? Guess I will just have to wait then! Is it normal to wait longer?

Have a look on your application and it'll tell you if you ticked to be income assessed or not.

What evidence did your parents have to send in?
If it's financial evidence, they'll have to send more in once you submit the current year assessment form.
Reply 4
Original post by Knalchemist
Have a look on your application and it'll tell you if you ticked to be income assessed or not.

What evidence did your parents have to send in?
If it's financial evidence, they'll have to send more in once you submit the current year assessment form.

Yah it was financial evidence...

I can't find where it says to be income assessed? But am pretty sure I did as my parents had to send off evidence for the previous tax year
Hi there,

I have a similar question regarding this but it's about the current year income form. I understand why we have to complete it and I have downloaded it from the website. However, does anyone know when to complete it, how to send it and who to send it to? I just can't find any information regarding the next steps for it. When I log in to my Account I can't find a section where it gives you the option to send a CYI form.

Please help - I have read so many different web pages and just want to know what to do now!

Thank you very much,
Jessica
You send in the form as soon as it is available. Financial evidence will be required at the end of the financial year 2013-14.
Reply 7
Original post by Jessica Maria
Hi there,

I have a similar question regarding this but it's about the current year income form. I understand why we have to complete it and I have downloaded it from the website. However, does anyone know when to complete it, how to send it and who to send it to? I just can't find any information regarding the next steps for it. When I log in to my Account I can't find a section where it gives you the option to send a CYI form.

Please help - I have read so many different web pages and just want to know what to do now!

Thank you very much,
Jessica

I downloaded it and sent one off in the post!
Basically your parents fill the form out with estimations of what they believe they will earn etc in this current tax year. Then once you have received your student finance for this year, in April 2014 your parents send in there financial evidence to back up there estimations.

The address I believe is
Student Finance England
PO BOX 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Good luck! :smile:
I downloaded it and sent one off in the post!
Basically your parents fill the form out with estimations of what they believe they will earn etc in this current tax year. Then once you have received your student finance for this year, in April 2014 your parents send in there financial evidence to back up there estimations.

The address I believe is
Student Finance England
PO BOX 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you very much for your help. I'll just send the form off to that address and then wait!

Much appreciated.
Jessica x

Quick Reply

Latest