The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by minthumbugs
A friend once admitted she masturbated to a guy friend and I know girls who didnt speak to her for a week. It was pretty bitchy of him to tell everyone as well. Another friend admitted she regularly pisses in the shower but would never admit to masturbating.

And the unbelievable relief of taking off your bra after a long day.

Edit: she told the guy friend she masturbates. She doesn't actually masturbate to him. I assume.

I assumed everyone pees in the shower?
When hair falls during washing / shampooing it can get trapped in ass crack and must be removed
When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:
Original post by Peaches & Cream
When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:

It feels like litres and litres :frown:
How many people have you heard of that have died from being kicked in the balls? Now compare that to the number of women that have died in childbirth. :rolleyes:

Yes, but they don't die from the pain of childbirth do they?

This is about the pain, not the complications arising due to / as part of the pain.
Original post by Rybee
All guys know what this is:

I can't believe no one picked up on this!
Original post by dartanoir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdFdmE9A84 a video of a man experiencing the pain of childbirth. You're welcome.

I really hate **** like this. Women have a goal during childbirth, they have a real motive. Men have no motive to undergo the pain of childbirth so any experiment into whether they can withstand the pain of childbirth is completely flawed.
Original post by ThatPerson
I really hate **** like this. Women have a goal during childbirth, they have a real motive. Men have no motive to undergo the pain of childbirth so any experiment into whether they can withstand the pain of childbirth is completely flawed.

I think when you're in such extreme amount of pain any sort of reasoning disappears. All you can think about is the pain.

Edit: The childbirth itself - the physical strain from it - is often a contributing reason for postnatal depression.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think when you're in such extreme amount of pain any sort of reasoning disappears. All you can think about is the pain.

Yes but they still have

1) A goal/end point
2) No choice

They don't have the option of stopping the pain, therefore they always will go through it. It doesn't mean that women can withstand more pain than men.

Although scientists are beginning to understand how pain works, so one day we may have an objective measure of pain.
Reply 229
Original post by Rybee
I'm still a PMS skeptic!

:girlhit:
Yes but they still have

1) A goal/end point
2) No choice

They don't have the option of stopping the pain, therefore they always will go through it. It doesn't mean that women can withstand more pain than men.

Although scientists are beginning to understand how pain works, so one day we may have an objective measure of pain.

If we're talking simply about the pain - no other factors included - childbirth is worse than being kicked in the balls. Fact.
If we're talking simply about the pain - no other factors included - childbirth is worse than being kicked in the balls. Fact.

No. There is no objective measure. Not unless you have both a vagina and testicles, and even that would be subjective.

You couldn't possibly say that you have experienced being kicked in the balls, so you don't really know. Therefore it's not fact. It is opinion with no evidence.
No. There is no objective measure. Not unless you have both a vagina and testicles, and even that would be subjective.

You couldn't possibly say that you have experienced being kicked in the balls, so you don't really know. Therefore it's not fact. It is opinion with no evidence.

If you watched the video - the 'experiment' was first tested on a woman who has experienced child birth to make sure it is accurate. And then on the man. So I think this is as close to an objective test as you will get.
Original post by Eternal*
When hair falls during washing / shampooing it can get trapped in ass crack and must be removed

Glorious.
If you watched the video - the 'experiment' was first tested on a woman who has experienced child birth to make sure it is accurate. And then on the man. So I think this is as close to an objective test as you will get.

Again, back to the first point - motive.

This has gone in circles, I don't think you will accept that there is no objective measure of pain and that no one person can tell truly whether the pain is similar.

Plus that was 1 man, you need a much larger sample size, but the experiment is flawed from the beginning so that won't work either.
Again, back to the first point - motive.

This has gone in circles, I don't think you will accept that there is no objective measure of pain and that no one person can tell truly whether the pain is similar.

Plus that was 1 man, you need a much larger sample size, but the experiment is flawed from the beginning so that won't work either.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Reply 236
Original post by pinda.college
I use my foot or wait for someone else to open the door then dart through.

55 seconds. Is that you?

Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
I can't believe no one picked up on this!

Holy ****! Can't believe I actually recognised that. Only seen that one once - must have left an impression. Was pretty funny premise to be fair.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 237
To be honest from what I have experienced, the pain from a kick in the balls doesn't last too long, you don't have to carry a small person around everywhere for 9 months beforehand and you don't spend the next 18 years spending thousands of pounds to bring up aforementioned small person.

Kick me in the balls, thanks.
Reply 238
Original post by Mr Faust
To be honest from what I have experienced, the pain from a kick in the balls doesn't last too long, you don't have to carry a small person around everywhere for 9 months beforehand and you don't spend the next 18 years spending thousands of pounds to bring up aforementioned small person.

Kick me in the balls, thanks.

obviously haven't been hit properly down there
Reply 239
Original post by Lay-Z
obviously haven't been hit properly down there

If you'd rather experience all that instead, I think that is a plus that I "haven't been hit properly down there".

Quick Reply

Latest