The Student Room Group

Feminists sabotage yet another University talk on men's equality

Toronto feminists have "protested" yet another academic talk on men's issues, this time one focusing on misandry (previous talks included The Boy Crisis and a critique of women's studies).

Feminist tactics including hurling abuse at those attending, brandishing weapons, shouting in attendees ears with megaphones and setting off the fire alarm thus forcing the evacuation of the building. There have been three such events at the university thus far, and the feminists have targeted all three.

Here's two videos from the most recent event:

Note how many of the mob cover their faces whilst chanting about being able to see through the "disguise" of men's rights activists, such incredible hypocrisy.

Some media coverage:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/10/for-some-feminism-no-longer-about-equality
(sadly that's all there is, just imagine how much there would be if a women's rights event was targeted by masked thugs)

Anyway, feminists obviously don't want anyone to know about the work of Nathanson and Young so lets hope that backfires completely and their work reaches a wider audience thanks to the misandrists in the video.

If anyone knows who keeps pulling the fire alarms, then there's now a $1,000 reward on offer: http://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-for-men/toronto-offers-1000-reward-for-those-triggering-false-alarms/

Here's a video of the feminist antics at a previous Toronto event, what do others think can be done to stop these mobs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's disgusting. Of course, they're so blinded by their radical agenda they can't see the irony of their action.

Kind of like Islamist Radicals that use 'Free Speech' laws to make threats and abhorrent rants against those who use the same free speech laws to criticise Islam, or to demand other people silenced.

Really, it says more about that group than the group they're protesting, but I do hope it does help bring a spotlight on the rise in 'Women's studies' that are a veil for the teaching of misandry. Gender studies should be just that, not a place to promote a radical 'Femenist' agenda.

Just to note, I'm well aware of what feminism is and it's definition, these groups are quite apart from feminism, which is why I put them in inverted commas.
Absolutely disgusting and pathetic behaviour. Stifling the dissenting opinion and treating it as a victory is just inane.

And that pink-haired woman is vile. How she expects to be taken seriously when she's so offensive and stuck up her own behind is beyond me.

A disgrace and an embarrassment to feminists (and humans, in fact) everywhere.
Reply 3
Original post by harrietharmman

Reply 4
Feminists... Watch these videos closely, that is your true enemy. They are the real barriers for gender equality.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by the mezzil
Feminists... Watch these videos closely, that is your true enemy. They are the real people stopping men and women being equal.

Original post by Steevee
It's disgusting. Of course, they're so blinded by their radical agenda they can't see the irony of their action.

Kind of like Islamist Radicals that use 'Free Speech' laws to make threats and abhorrent rants against those who use the same free speech laws to criticise Islam, or to demand other people silenced.

Really, it says more about that group than the group they're protesting, but I do hope it does help bring a spotlight on the rise in 'Women's studies' that are a veil for the teaching of misandry. Gender studies should be just that, not a place to promote a radical 'Femenist' agenda.

Just to note, I'm well aware of what feminism is and it's definition, these groups are quite apart from feminism, which is why I put them in inverted commas.

As a feminist, I completely agree. No single gender has the monopoly on being oppressed, and sexism should always be challenged, no matter who it is perpetuated by.
Reply 6
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
As a feminist, I completely agree. No single gender has the monopoly on being oppressed, and sexism should always be challenged, no matter who it is perpetuated by.

Thankyou, there is hope then that feminists are not all blinded as the video alludes! And yes sexism should always be challenged, whether it is towards men or women, something these "Feminists" don't seem to understand!
Original post by the mezzil
Thankyou, there is hope then that feminists are not all blinded as the video alludes! And yes sexism should always be challenged, whether it is towards men or women, something these "Feminists" don't seem to understand!

You're welcome - and thank you.

Some "feminists" seem to think that no man is ever discriminated against - something which is obviously untrue. There are plenty of examples of a man's gender causing him to be treated unequally.

People like this undervalue the whole equality campaign.
Pisses me off.
Reply 9
You know a person has a weak argument when they resort to 'dirty' methods in order to get heard...

And this is doing absolutely nothing for the feminist movement since it makes it clear that certain women who would regard themselves as feminists are looking for anything but equality.

These people are so stupid it's not even funny; it's annoying! 'No hate speech on campus' having chanted '**** Warren Farrell'.
They believe in 'patriarchy'... Not only are laws clearly not made to benefit men and repress women but I don't even think there is anything holding women back these days except perceptions.
Those people are vile. They cannot engage in debate and just shout their opposition down through a torrent of abuse. A couple of people who had turned up to listen were driven close to tears. Disgusting.
(edited 11 years ago)
As a woman I find these people quiet intimidating. They clearly have serious anger problems. I cannot respect them or take them seriously due to their shouting and swearing and the general violence. They do not represent me at all. I wouldn't say they are not feminists, but I think feminism, whilst having the same broad goals, is far from a united thing. The thing is that they have some valid points (that a lot of things men complain about are actually remenants of the patriarchy), but the way they are going about putting those points across is totally wrong and will not get them anywhere.

Really, mens rights and womens rights are the same. Men's rights is largely about men saying they are happy to give up rights that they should not have (rights they put them above women) yet that they expect rights they deserve too.

I actually have a lot of respect for those men for remaining calm and dignified in the face of that. I couldn't have, I'd have told that loudmouth to shut the f**k up herself and to stop using that sort of language at me.

A final point, I'm bisexual, but I don't consider any of them attractive at all, in fact if one asked me out I would get the hell out of it as I would expect an abusive relationship.

PS - I wish people would discuss points instead of just downvoting, unless someone is being a total idiot. I'm not sure what I've said wrong here. Was it that I said they have some points? Was it that I was a little hypocritical. Was it my last point that I don't find them attractive at all (I was talking personality wise not physically). Was it that I was talking about intimidation and abuse (having been in abusive relationships I find the sort of behaviour shown quite scary).
(edited 11 years ago)
And to think these are the people who claim "men are sexist pigs"
Absolutly pathetic.

Edit: negged, realy????
(edited 11 years ago)
That last video... I have no words. These people are so self-inflated and deluded it's not even laughable. Eurgh.
Reply 13
Femes, pussy riot and these nutcases...call me crazy but this feminist generation is really pissing me off
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
That woman is like a parody of something.
:biggrin:

that red haired bitch in the 1st video cannot be for real she is like a perfect stereotype of a feminist I would just laugh in her face and tell her to make me a sandwich if I ever met her.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is that Ruby wax's daughter on cocaine?!
Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality by only focusing on the issues of one gender. ****ing idiots.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Is that Ruby wax's daughter on cocaine?!

It's Ruby Wax's abortion brought up on steady nourishment of cocaine and meth. It isn't human, it is a creature.
Reply 19
Original post by Joeman560
Feminism is the pursuit of gender equality by only focusing on the issues of one gender. ****ing idiots.

Feminism is advocating for women's rights, which have been severely lagging behind those of men for hundreds of years.

It's irritating, the genuine, level-headed advocates actually fighting for a good cause get their reputation ruined by these nutjobs. It's no wonder feminism is made out to be a bad thing these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending