The Student Room Group

Girl is leaving uni because of me.

Not sure why I'm posting really as I know the answer. Guess it's just nice to write stuff down :smile: I met a girl at uni, we got on great. She has a long term boyfriend back at home though. I didn't realise at the time but me and the girl became too close. Flirting and going for lunches and stuff. It all built up too much and then one night there was some drunken kissing. Yeah, I know, I'm a douche. I assumed that she would be gutted with her behaviour and would never want it mentioned again, so I've not mentioned it, but neither has she. Instead we have seen each other fairly regularly and it's been odd. Like we both know what we are thinking about but the air hasn't been cleared. I can't stop thinking about kissing her and have developed some kind of feelings, but obviously I can't act on them. Anyway, I was pretty shocked to learn that she is dropping out of uni. She said it's not for her but I've been told second hand she wants to make sure things work with her boyfriend. I'm gutted about this but I suppose all I can do is move on. She is holding a leaving night out in a week or so but I don't plan to go. Thanks for reading. As I say, I just want it out there! But if you have any advice thank you.
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure why I'm posting really as I know the answer. Guess it's just nice to write stuff down :smile: I met a girl at uni, we got on great. She has a long term boyfriend back at home though. I didn't realise at the time but me and the girl became too close. Flirting and going for lunches and stuff. It all built up too much and then one night there was some drunken kissing. Yeah, I know, I'm a douche. I assumed that she would be gutted with her behaviour and would never want it mentioned again, so I've not mentioned it, but neither has she. Instead we have seen each other fairly regularly and it's been odd. Like we both know what we are thinking about but the air hasn't been cleared. I can't stop thinking about kissing her and have developed some kind of feelings, but obviously I can't act on them. Anyway, I was pretty shocked to learn that she is dropping out of uni. She said it's not for her but I've been told second hand she wants to make sure things work with her boyfriend. I'm gutted about this but I suppose all I can do is move on. She is holding a leaving night out in a week or so but I don't plan to go. Thanks for reading. As I say, I just want it out there! But if you have any advice thank you.

Not much you can do unfortunately, if that is what she wants to do then, it is her choice and you have to respect that and the fact she has a boyfriend. Maybe learn in future as well not to get involved with someone already taken.
Reply 2

Well, I say if you really like her and feel you're the cause of her leaving uni, then you should talk to her. Tell her how you feel, that you'd want to be with her. Ask her not to throw away her education because of you. If she then still wants to go with her boyfriend, tell her you're sorry for the hurt caused.

It's not like they're married. So I'd say go for it.
Reply 3
Dropping out is a bit ridiculous (especially since were now in Semester 3). She feels guilty because shes essentially cheated on her bf, however minor, but in reality she probably likes you but doesnt know how to handle the situation (i.e. get over you OR dump the bf).

You should definitely speak to her. Either tell her not to go and youll back off or you could always lay the obvious truth down and ask her where she stands.

Running isnt the answer.
Don't worry about it. You've done nothing wrong. If she wants to leave uni over
this ridiculous thing it's her mistake.
Tell her how you feel but also tell her you will back off if she wants and she doesn't have to drop out.
Reply 6
She's not leaving uni because of you, she's leaving uni because of her boyfriend, and quite frankly I think she's a moron. Education > boys. There's not a lot you can do though, except try and move on.
Reply 7
This is your own fault. I'd just leave it. Hope you are in first year so she's not chucking too much away
This is definitely not your fault!
You didn't make her cheat on her boyfriend. There's probably been a few problems in the relationship since before she went to uni.
Also if she's prepared to drop out of uni in order to attempt to save her failing relationship then it's obviously not that important to her.
Reply 9
Original post by therisenmitten
This is definitely not your fault!
You didn't make her cheat on her boyfriend. There's probably been a few problems in the relationship since before she went to uni.
Also if she's prepared to drop out of uni in order to attempt to save her failing relationship then it's obviously not that important to her.
Okay she is more at fault than him. But he clearly knew she had a boyfriend and decided to kiss her anyway.
Original post by Jalk
Okay she is more at fault than him. But he clearly knew she had a boyfriend and decided to kiss her anyway.

Ok well it's slightly his fault.
But she probably would have found someone else to kiss sooner or later if he hadn't done it.
Reply 11
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

I agree with Phil...

This girl cheated on her bf.

Also, all is fair in love and war and OP has every right to try it on with a taken girl (though it is not something i'd personally recommend) with or without knowledge of the situation.

The girl is leaving uni/her future over you. Tip, give precisely 0 flying ****s. So long as it doesn't affect you then who gives a monkeys?

I would suggest that you be careful with your future girls though, because a girl with a bf is not really a girl you want to be getting with.
Reply 12
leaving uni because she kissed another guy.

sigh, sloots gonna sloot. dont worry about it dude.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

This. We're adults for God's sake, she sounds so childish and immature. If she want to ruin her future, it's her call. You can talk to her and try to tell her that's not a good idea but in the end it's her call... Maybe she's just looking for excuses to drop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stevo112
I agree with Phil...

Awww, no one has called me Phil around here yet! Love it! :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by therisenmitten
Ok well it's slightly his fault.
But she probably would have found someone else to kiss sooner or later if he hadn't done it.
Agreed, yeah
Reply 16
She hasn't said she is leaving because of you, bit presumptious.
Reply 17
Maybe she's leaving because uni isn't for her?
Reply 18
Hello, thanks for responses. I'm fairly sure that is the reason as one of her mates told me. Girls talk right? Think I will tell her what I feel but also say if she needs me out of the picture so she can continue with uni, I'll disappear. Sound okay?
Reply 19
Hello, thanks for responses. I'm fairly sure that is the reason as one of her mates told me. Girls talk right? Think I will tell her what I feel but also say if she needs me out of the picture so she can continue with uni, I'll disappear. Sound okay?

Yeah, go on then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending