The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peaches & Cream
When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:

Was just sick in my mouth a little bit.
Original post by Mr Faust
To be honest from what I have experienced, the pain from a kick in the balls doesn't last too long, you don't have to carry a small person around everywhere for 9 months beforehand and you don't spend the next 18 years spending thousands of pounds to bring up aforementioned small person.

Kick me in the balls, thanks.

Agreed.

It's not even a competition.

I've heard that things rip.

...and tear.

Cringe.
Reply 242
Original post by dartanoir
If we're talking simply about the pain - no other factors included - childbirth is worse than being kicked in the balls. Fact.

Original post by ThatPerson
No. There is no objective measure. Not unless you have both a vagina and testicles, and even that would be subjective.

You couldn't possibly say that you have experienced being kicked in the balls, so you don't really know. Therefore it's not fact. It is opinion with no evidence.

Original post by dartanoir
If you watched the video - the 'experiment' was first tested on a woman who has experienced child birth to make sure it is accurate. And then on the man. So I think this is as close to an objective test as you will get.

Riiiight. It's quite well known that having kidney stones is more painful than childbirth. Women who've had childbirth and kidney stones will admit to this.

I've had kidney stones, three times. I've been kicked in the balls.

I'd rather have kidney stones again than be kicked in the balls.

Scientific PROOF that being kicked in the balls is MORE painful than childbirth!!!
This conversation is turning into something that is mainly about human repoductive organs.

Also girls fart like trains when at home. They will not fart in public or whilst sitting beside someone in public unless it is silent and has no smell. If a girl is certain it will not be loud or foul then she will let it out if she will not face public embarassment.

Girls who smell at all will naturally be avoided at all costs.

Girls may seem that they are having a serious conversation but to avoid awkardness they just generally start talking
about other people or talk about pointless crap that nobody gives two turtle****s about and are not likely to remember.

Girls who talk about boybands and Justin Bieber sit and look up their videos and photos all day for absolutely no reason. They then come into school and discuss how amazing they were in this and that and what not and it is not fully understood why this behaviour is necessary because the famous people don't even know who they are but all they do know is that somewhere out there there are thousands of young girls who are buying their music and that if they go on stage and publicly announce that they love their fans etc then more and more girls will buy their music and thus they get more money to buy their luxury £20 million homes all around the world.
Reply 244
Original post by sheldorbaggins
This conversation is turning into something that is mainly about human repoductive organs.

Also girls fart like trains when at home. They will not fart in public or whilst sitting beside someone in public unless it is silent and has no smell. If a girl is certain it will not be loud or foul then she will let it out if she will not face public embarassment.

Girls who smell at all will naturally be avoided at all costs.

Girls may seem that they are having a serious conversation but to avoid awkardness they just generally start talking
about other people or talk about pointless crap that nobody gives two turtle****s about and are not likely to remember.

Girls who talk about boybands and Justin Bieber sit and look up their videos and photos all day for absolutely no reason. They then come into school and discuss how amazing they were in this and that and what not and it is not fully understood why this behaviour is necessary because the famous people don't even know who they are but all they do know is that somewhere out there there are thousands of young girls who are buying their music and that if they go on stage and publicly announce that they love their fans etc then more and more girls will buy their music and thus they get more money to buy their luxury £20 million homes all around the world.

1. I don't just fart at home, I have farting competitions with my family XD
2. okay....
3. That's not actually always true. Although definitions of 'serious conversation' vary a bit :smile:
4. Most girls do not do this about boybands, or at least not to this level. I do this about fandoms and actors (OH GOD JAKE ABEL).... But sometimes it pays off, a girl at my school is seen in Bieber's new music video by, basically, stalking him and hugging him as much as possible.

I don't even know what my point was, or if there was one. I'm kinda half asleep :/
Reply 245
Original post by Peaches & Cream
When you're on your period and you've been sitting down for ages, then when you stand up that little 'flood'. Oh my god, so horrible. :yucky:

The worst is when I start in the night and realise and have to sprint to the bathroom with nothing to stop it.
Why exactly has no temporary and reversible way of completely stopping periods not been found yet?
Original post by Alix23
The worst is when I start in the night and realise and have to sprint to the bathroom with nothing to stop it.
Why exactly has no temporary and reversible way of completely stopping periods not been found yet?

I thought there were contraceptives that do that?

My ex had that bar thing in her arm.

She'd be weeks late, then have the most violently abrasive bouts of PMS. Honestly. Warlord material. There's another gender specific phenomenon.
Reply 247
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt

She'd be weeks late, then have the most violently abrasive bouts of PMS. Honestly. Warlord material. There's another gender specific phenomenon.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop periods for most people, just controls hormones which can make them lighter or less frequent.
PMS also sucks, but can (for me) be controlled with high doses of painkillers. Last time I'd run out or took them too late or something and I was in so much pain all I could do was curl up into a ball on my bed for about 3 hours :frown:
Reply 248
This thread is very insightful! <3
Reply 249
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt

For most women, it doesn't stop them. It's common for it to make periods irregular and for some, it can make them constant. I'm speaking from personal experience here (had weeks and weeks of non-stop bleeding till I switched to another contraceptive). :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alix23
I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop periods for most people, just controls hormones which can make them lighter or less frequent.
PMS also sucks, but can (for me) be controlled with high doses of painkillers. Last time I'd run out or took them too late or something and I was in so much pain all I could do was curl up into a ball on my bed for about 3 hours :frown:

Original post by Kazbian
For most women, it doesn't stop them. It's common for it to make periods irregular and for some, it can make them constant. I'm speaking from personal experience here (had weeks and weeks of non-stop bleeding till I switched to another contraceptive). :frown:

Jesus.

Being male is so simple. With the exception of multiple orgasms, it seems like much more fun too. Equality means that all that breadwinner nonsense is a thing of the past.

200 years ago I'd be toiling in fields and dead before 50.

Life's not so bad.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Men cant help but stare at boobs.

Nah, not just guys....
Reply 252
Original post by DashingHero
Nah, not just guys....

Everyone <3's boobs!
Tights. They're bloody annoying. If you have any sort of fat on your stomach, you either have:

A: Overhang

B: A double stomach

I can't have my tights on my hips or I get a double stomach, so I have to put them up to my waist. Then I end up rearranging them all bloody day as they still fight to give me double stomach or roll down.

*Sigh* nobody knows...
Original post by danielnkwocha
We can get ready within 15 minutes with proper hygiene but for girls 'in a hurry' it still takes like an hour

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, not me. Shower, co-wash hair, moisturise body, get dressed, wash face with rosewater, moisturise face, vaseline and done! I can usually get ready in 15 mins, 30 mins top.
Original post by Alix23
I assumed everyone pees in the shower?

We had this discussion and I have ascertained that none of my female friends pee in the shower apart from her. I don't either. Guys however..
Original post by Alix23

It stopped mine completely :biggrin: got it taken out today though, gained about 20lbs on it :frown:
Original post by Rybee
Everyone <3's boobs!

Hell yeah :wink:
My cousin who is female doesn't masterbate, yes we had a lengthy discussion in it, nothing sexual. But she says she has never masturbated and feels the image repulsive, though she didn't say repulsive because she's not very bright but her face did the talking. I admitted I masturbated and yet she denied any fact that she did, either she is not comfortable and frigid or she's telling me the biggest lie yet. I wouldn't why she would lie if she did though, it's not like I am going to think different of her, she must have no urges. Also men will know the importance of having a shed/garage/room to do man things.
Worried that people can "smell" that you're on period.

Using tissue as an emergency pad/tampon.

I could say a lot more that most girls are afraid/embarrassed to say but I won't as it's far too graphic.

Quick Reply

Latest