The Student Room Group

Would you consider a relationship with ONS?

Would you consider starting a relationship with a girl you've had an one-night stand with?

(The context being that you known her, and fancied her from when you first met, both of you are socially acceptable - but you managed to charm her to invite you in one-night after clubbing.)

Scroll to see replies

**** are you me? I pretty much could have written that although technically we didn't actually get as far as sex. I guess you're girl in question here op in which case I say be very upfront about it and maybe suggest a date if you what it to be more than fwb etc. Has he said anything that would suggest he is looking for a relationship with you?
Original post by Anonymous
Would you consider starting a relationship with a girl you've had an one-night stand with?

(The context being that you known her, and fancied her from when you first met, both of you are socially acceptable - but you managed to charm her to invite you in one-night after clubbing.)

Perfectly possible a friend of mine had what was meant to be a one night stand but they liked each other that much they have been together 10 years this year.
Reply 3
**** are you me? I pretty much could have written that although technically we didn't actually get as far as sex. I guess you're girl in question here op in which case I say be very upfront about it and maybe suggest a date if you what it to be more than fwb etc. Has he said anything that would suggest he is looking for a relationship with you?

Err dude I'm the guy. Basically I still fancy her and want to ask her out - but not sure if ONS is something we could start something good from.
Reply 4
Err dude I'm the guy. Basically I still fancy her and want to ask her out - but not sure if ONS is something we could start something good from.

Go for it. You've already seen each other's private parts, I dare say everything else will be more natural from here on out.

Haha sorry! Definitely ask her out in that case! I would recommend holding out on further sexual encounters until you have a date in daylight, then you both will know where you stand :smile:
Reply 6
No harm in giving it a go, right?
Reply 7
No. I couldn't bring myself to selflessly love someone who saw sex as something so "casual"

I see it as something special that is shared between two people who love each other greatly.
Reply 8
Original post by mysterd
No. I couldn't bring myself to selflessly love someone who saw sex as something so "casual"

I see it as something special that is shared between two people who love each other greatly.

If you're hating you just need to get some pussy...
Reply 9
Original post by az08
If you're hating you just need to get some pussy...

I would be a dick back but I couldn't help but look at threads you've previously started entitled "It is possible to love again after having your heartbroken :frown:" and "I can't get over her breaking up with me :'("

The idea of loving and finding someone special might be dead for you and you may have hardened your heart after being hurt so badly but don't crush the hopes of guys out there who don't have ONSs and casual sex. Those guys who hold out for that one girl who's "the one"
Yes. Not everybody who has sex casually does it on a regular basis. **** happens.
Reply 11
Na, I'm not interested with a thing with the Office for National Statistics! It just doesn't add up.
Original post by ac1991
Na, I'm not interested with a thing with the Office for National Statistics! It just doesn't add up.
They're quite cooperative. I have in the past had quite a good working relationship with the ONS.
Yeah, that's how I met my girlfriend, though without knowing each other before. We've been together nearly two years, I'm so glad I didn't follow that silly convention that you don't go out with ONS girls.
Reply 14
Not with the Office for National Statistics, no way.

I'm actually seeing someone who I met when I had my first ever one night stand after a night out, at first it was a bit weird, but I mean we just moved on from it and I told him I've never done that before, and he told me he'd only had one other one night stand a few years back with a friend. laughed it off and now we've been seeing each other for a month and it's going really well.

I also know two other long term couples who slept with each other the first time they met. I don't think it's as taboo as it used to be. and I mean I was so embarrassed about it all but it's fine, honestly!
Reply 16

2 of my best relationships started as one night stands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Go for it. My boyfriend and I started with a ONS. We've been going out over 2 years now.
Reply 18
Two of my friends had a drunken ONS years ago.

They're married now.

*Shrug*
Reply 19
Well the good thing is that the physical attraction is there right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending