The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by Bude8
Really?! Definitely looks African to me :holmes:

Don't be sarcastic about my nephew! Haha had to call him "a kid" so you guys would be impartial.

Bude.. The only one who thought he was Chinese. Lol
Dunno where Spanish came from. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Note: I seriously can't tell when people are being sarcastic.
Original post by Bude8
Really?! Definitely looks African to me :holmes:

Really? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Don't be sarcastic about my nephew! Haha had to call him "a kid" so you guys would be impartial.

Bude.. The only one who thought he was Chinese. Lol
Dunno where Spanish came from. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm never sarcastic!

If they look East-Asian I'm probably gonna say Chinese. Though sometimes I can tell the difference between Koreans, Japanese and Chinese. Thais are quite difficult ._.
Reply 2983
Original post by Bude8
I'm never sarcastic!

If they look East-Asian I'm probably gonna say Chinese. Though sometimes I can tell the difference between Koreans, Japanese and Chinese. Thais are quite difficult ._.

I meant the African comment....haha he's not east Asian either though

I cant tell the difference between koreans, japanese, chinese, vietnamese. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bude8
You probably don't know this, and probably Aurorororororo won't either because he's from a different part, but generally, hwite people are regarded as 'lazy' by people from where my dad comes from. Yes, he is making a huge generalisation and is worried I'll be like a sugar daddy. I know what makes a good girl though ._. I'm just ignoring his stupid ramblings for now, my mum doesn't really care.

Aurorroororororororooooroororororrororororo

Yes, he does.

Wow. that's... nice.
:moon:

I wonder who I'll end up with ._.
Reply 2986
Original post by Bude8
:moon:

I wonder who I'll end up with ._.

In London I see LOADS of Chinese girls with white men though. Generally the men are also really old. How does that happen? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jina
In London I see LOADS of Chinese girls with white men though. Generally the men are also really old. How does that happen? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:dontknow:
Reply 2988
Original post by Bude8
:dontknow:

You need to explain it to me! Haha i kid, i want to find out though. Pretty interesting.

I have to agree with your Dad though.... East asian work ethic is on point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jina
You need to explain it to me! Haha i kid, i want to find out though. Pretty interesting.

I have to agree with your Dad though.... East asian work ethic is on point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a HUGE generalisation but I do know what makes a good girl :yes:
Reply 2990
Original post by Bude8
It's a HUGE generalisation but I do know what makes a good girl :yes:

In general* then!

Lol.... Do enlighten. What makes a good girl! My friends and I made a list of, what makes a good guy. No one will ever come close to meeting the criteria haha...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jina
In general* then!

Lol.... Do enlighten. What makes a good girl! My friends and I made a list of, what makes a good guy. No one will ever come close to meeting the criteria haha...

can't be bothered
ceeb, nn guys.
Reply 2992
Original post by Bude8
can't be bothered

Charming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bude8
can't be bothered
ceeb, nn guys.

Hey I remember you said there were many FSMQ past papers online? I've tried looking for some older ones and I've find all of them from 2003-onwards - do you know of places where you can find papers earlier than that?
Reply 2994
Wow I feel awkward being possibly the only white, non-Asian person in this conversation...
And I have to say guys, my school only has one person in it that isn't white! (Moubhin is from Bangledesh) All the Asian/Indian/African people decided to go to the local Grammar school, (which we like to call the 'Creme de la Creme' - meaning rich and thick...:wink:) so I can't really comment on their work ethics!:frown:
However, my work ethic is pretty high...just saying....

And yeah Bude, what does make a good girl?
Guys, do you reckon race or skin colour or religion would come into it, or would that just be 'preferable'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emma.b
Wow I feel awkward being possibly the only white, non-Asian person in this conversation...
And I have to say guys, my school only has one person in it that isn't white! (Moubhin is from Bangledesh) All the Asian/Indian/African people decided to go to the local Grammar school, (which we like to call the 'Creme de la Creme' - meaning rich and thick...:wink:) so I can't really comment on their work ethics!:frown:
However, my work ethic is pretty high...just saying....

And yeah Bude, what does make a good girl?
Guys, do you reckon race or skin colour or religion would come into it, or would that just be 'preferable'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: don't worry, I swear the only non white thing about me is my skin :rofl:

Work ethic isn't really that specific to race or ethnicity. But Chinese parents are just like "YOU MUST WORK VEWY HARD!"

Religion would be the only thing I think :redface: how about you?:tongue:
Reply 2996
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: don't worry, I swear the only non white thing about me is my skin :rofl:

Work ethic isn't really that specific to race or ethnicity. But Chinese parents are just like "YOU MUST WORK VEWY HARD!"

Religion would be the only thing I think :redface: how about you?:tongue:

I think that where I am from, religion is expected to come into it. You either come from a staunch Catholic background or you are staunch Protestant over here (generalisation made for easiness), so therefore you are meant to go with 'the own side'.

My family are all staunch Protestant, 'British' people, and therefore I am expected to want to be with someone that is Protestant. Though for me...religion doesn't matter. I'm agnostic personally (a fact that my family hate), and I don't believe there is proof in there being a god, or there not being a god. I guess I'm sitting on the fence until some divine power from above helps me find my way. So sitting on the fence like that...I can't base who I like/love on it! I'm pretty much open to anyone, any skin colour, race, religion....who I like is who I like is who I like, I don't think that should come into it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emma.b
I think that where I am from, religion is expected to come into it. You either come from a staunch Catholic background or you are staunch Protestant over here (generalisation made for easiness), so therefore you are meant to go with 'the own side'.

My family are all staunch Protestant, 'British' people, and therefore I am expected to want to be with someone that is Protestant. Though for me...religion doesn't matter. I'm agnostic personally (a fact that my family hate), and I don't believe there is proof in there being a god, or there not being a god. I guess I'm sitting on the fence until some divine power from above helps me find my way. So sitting on the fence like that...I can't base who I like/love on it! I'm pretty much open to anyone, any skin colour, race, religion....who I like is who I like is who I like, I don't think that should come into it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah. I see! That must suck a little :redface:

We can't prove or disprove God's existence, I personally do believe in a God, for various reasons... Some seem silly to others but I just do believe in one!

Being a Muslim, I guess I'd probably have to marry one (or if the girl chose to.convert then it'd be fine obviously but they shouldn't convert just to marry someone)

Awww, that's nice! You have an amazing personality to match you! That is rare indeed :eek:
Reply 2998
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aah. I see! That must suck a little :redface:

We can't prove or disprove God's existence, I personally do believe in a God, for various reasons... Some seem silly to others but I just do believe in one!

Being a Muslim, I guess I'd probably have to marry one (or if the girl chose to.convert then it'd be fine obviously but they shouldn't convert just to marry someone)

Awww, that's nice! You have an amazing personality to match you! That is rare indeed :eek:

It sucks more than that...it's awful having to ask potential suitors what religion they are so that I know I could tell the family or I should possibly smuggle him into the house and hide his Celtic top....

That's religion though - it makes barriers! I don't think I will ever get married, I reckon I'm passing my sell-by date soon! Haha!

But thanks dear! I just have more open thoughts than others, which I guess could be nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2999
Hhahahahahahaha oh gosh, 'YOU GET A*s OR DISHONOUR ALL FAMILY' :')

That sounds like my parents...White girls can have very strict parents too you know!:wink: I actually am not that bad, I am pushed but I'm left to get on with my work. They just want me to do my best so I can achieve what I want, which is understandable!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest