The Student Room Group

revision or is it just me?

Next week I have progress tests but most importantly I have 3 mocks in the three sciences. They are not proper mocks but instead are only on unit 1 of AQA. Anyway, so far after talking with friends. I have recently come to know they have revised 4 hours on each science! And I've only done 1.... Plase help me? I understand everything but can't help feeling I'm failing, please help me. If possible also give me 3 hard questions. One on each science

THANK YOU
Reply 1
Hey,

My best advice I could give you, is to make a topic list of all the topics in the 3 sciences, then colour code them (red, amber, green) to see which topics you do know, and do not need to revise, and which ones you don't know/need more work on.

Also, do past papers, as they will help you get a feel for what the examiner wants, and how to write the answers.

Here is a great site that has revision videos (I use this website for my revision, he covers Units 1, 2 and 3 of the AQA Spec)

www.my-gcsescience.com

AQA Website (Unit 1):

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/science-a-4405/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Hope I helped, and good luck :smile:
I don't think it's best to compare your time to your friends as everyone has their own different ways of revising. If unsure just keep looking over your notes and visit past papers on the AQA website then try out as much as you can before checking the mark scheme. I'm pretty sure you know it al, but you're just nervous (which is normal).
Reply 3
Original post by goldenshades
I don't think it's best to compare your time to your friends as everyone has their own different ways of revising. If unsure just keep looking over your notes and visit past papers on the AQA website then try out as much as you can before checking the mark scheme. I'm pretty sure you know it al, but you're just nervous (which is normal).

Yep, totally agree with you.

I don't know if this applies for revision but quantity usually does not equal quality.
Reply 4
Thanks you guys, I also agree with you goldenshades, I'm a very nervous person. Been a lot of help with all the advice!!! Got my biology tomorrow!
Reply 5
Original post by kelefi
Thanks you guys, I also agree with you goldenshades, I'm a very nervous person. Been a lot of help with all the advice!!! Got my biology tomorrow!

Good luck :cool::cool::cool:

Quick Reply

Latest