The Student Room Group

OCR Advancing Physics G492 ~5 June 2013~

Hello guys. Seems like a thread for G492 June 2013 exam wasn't made. So, what are your preparations for the exam and on pre release material? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by walkers38
Hello guys. Seems like a thread for G492 June 2013 exam wasn't made. So, what are your preparations for the exam and on pre release material? :smile:

Well im doing the same exam in june and i have noticed that in the first section of the insert , graph B has a changing gradient.
Reply 2
Original post by kweku1234
Well im doing the same exam in june and i have noticed that in the first section of the insert , graph B has a changing gradient.

I think for that, they'll ask which one is the most sensitive.
Can someone post a link to the pre-release material?
Reply 4
Original post by SherlockHolmes
Can someone post a link to the pre-release material?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/129689-unit-g492-advance-notice-article-june-2013.pdf
Reply 5
Hey guys, for revision I did the jan 2013 g492 paper, it was okay i reckon. However there is no official mark scheme online..help! If you guys know of an unofficial mark scheme for that paper, please post it in this!:smile:
Reply 6
Also, check this website out.
http://matthew-arnold.tmp.synergy-learning.com/course/view.php?id=62
This guy made questions that could possibly come up for our section C in June, so have a look. There's no mark scheme, however you could show your teachers and hopefully they'll be willing to help you, which is what i'm going to do :biggrin:. When you go onto that website, make sure you scroll right down to the bottom.
Original post by upthegunners
What is the significance of that?

40/100 marks of this paper (G492) will be based around this article.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing :redface:

I did a bast paper there now, first one. Rather hard. (June 2010 Paper)

Is it just me or do G492 papers take sooo long to do?
Is it just me or do G492 papers take sooo long to do?

I think there is quite a lot to read for some questions but a lot of time can be saved from doing the mechanics question because they tend to mostly involve calculations which you can do fairly quickly.
I think there is quite a lot to read for some questions but a lot of time can be saved from doing the mechanics question because they tend to mostly involve calculations which you can do fairly quickly.

Yea, the mechanics ones are fine if you have done M1

I think that the quantum aspects of this unit are hard to grasp, I find it really boring too

The June 2012 paper was challenging
Reply 13
Yea, the mechanics ones are fine if you have done M1

I think that the quantum aspects of this unit are hard to grasp, I find it really boring too

The June 2012 paper was challenging

You find quantum boring? :O
Original post by cupcake19
You find quantum boring? :O

extremely
Reply 15
I'm ok with the mechanics bit of it but the quantum bit really gets me. I've been doing some papers and been getting a B. I'm not expecting anything more than a B in exam too, tbh.
Reply 16
What did you guys get in G493? The practical. I got 17/20 :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by walkers38
What did you guys get in G493? The practical. I got 17/20 :smile:

i got 17 aswell! with my 9/10 in the first bit makes a pleasing 26/30 overall :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Dinooo
Hey guys, for revision I did the jan 2013 g492 paper, it was okay i reckon. However there is no official mark scheme online..help! If you guys know of an unofficial mark scheme for that paper, please post it in this!:smile:

i have an official one, never uploaded anything here before, so hopefully it worked!
Reply 19
Do you think it's a real advantage to actually 'do' the trolley experiment in the Lab? as they suggest? What inisght would this give as this example is one we've all read about and studied before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending