The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by madfish
I did Double Award and got A*A*

I now do 3 sciences at Alevel if you need any help though:smile:

Yeah its just iam very unsure about C2 and P2 Because i need a B overall to do A level science i just did my B2 exam i got a B but i have lost my confidence in chemistry and physics i feel like i know nothing of C2 and P2 :frown:
Reply 321
Original post by ahmed1997
Yeah its just iam very unsure about C2 and P2 Because i need a B overall to do A level science i just did my B2 exam i got a B but i have lost my confidence in chemistry and physics i feel like i know nothing of C2 and P2 :frown:

Feel free to message me privately and you can ask me any questions you like :biggrin:
Reply 322
Original post by madfish

I just feel like i have lost confidence after doing biology B2 because i got so nervous, i achieved grade B in B2 and i feel like i wont be able to do well in C2 and P2 :frown:
Reply 323
I just feel like i have lost confidence after doing biology B2 because i got so nervous, i achieved grade B in B2 and i feel like i wont be able to do well in C2 and P2 :frown:

Did you do many pastpapers?
Reply 324
Original post by madfish
Did you do many pastpapers?

I did for biology, but i havent revised for chemistry yet since it is not my first summer exam.
Hi iam also resitting biology unit 1 pretty sad about it becoz i thought and ended up with 47 UMS!! :eek: Iam also resitting Physics unit 1 which ima not suprised about coz i hate Physics but i got a better UMS score than biology which was 52 but passed Chemistry Unit 1 with 60 UMS

Biology is awful :frown: The subject itself is fairly interesting but there's just so much content to learn! I got 74 UMS in Unit 1 and 70 UMS in Unit 2 (I'm resitting Unit 1 because it's on a different day to Unit 3, whereas the Unit 2 retake is on the same day as U3)

And Physics Unit 1 was fairly boring apart from all the red-shift and big bang stuff, but Physics 2 is by far the most interesting - you get to learn more about forces and look at nuclear physics and radiation. And Physics 3 is a little more difficult but interesting all the same :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by madfish

Wow that's really awesome! :biggrin: I'm currently doing double as well although it looks as if I'll get AA* instead of A*A* (my aim) :frown: At GCSE how well did you do in the ISA's?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 327
Original post by goldenshades
Wow that's really awesome! :biggrin: I'm currently doing double as well although it looks as if I'll AA* instead A*A* (my aim) :frown: At GCSE how well did you do in the ISA's?

What are the ISA's?:s-smilie:
Original post by madfish

What are the ISA's?:s-smilie:
You're welcome, thanks as well :smile: The ISA's are the controlled assessments (I have to do them with AQA, not sure if the other exam boards do them as well :confused:)
Reply 329
You're welcome, thanks as well :smile: The ISA's are the controlled assessments (I have to do them with AQA, not sure if the other exam boards do them as well :confused:)

Well we just called it coursework :biggrin: I got 98/100 in it :smile:
Original post by madfish
Well we just called it coursework :biggrin: I got 98/100 in it :smile:
:eek: You're really good! I was actually considering doing the 3 sciences at A-Level although changed the Physics to Psychology as I've been told a lot that the maths included would probably leave with me a grade C in the exams (maths isn't my best subject, but I'm fine with equations and formulas). Since you're currently doing Physics how are you finding it?
Reply 331
:eek: You're really good! I was actually considering doing the 3 sciences at A-Level although changed the Physics to Psychology as I've been told a lot that the maths included would probably leave with me a grade C in the exams (maths isn't my best subject, but I'm fine with equations and formulas). Since you're currently doing Physics how are you finding it?

I love Physics it great. :smile: The Maths in the 3 sciences is minimal. If you can manipulate equations you will be grand! I personally love Physics, such an interesting subject :biggrin:
Reply 332
Anyone know how to revise for GCSE Business Studies Unit 2 AQA?

Many thanks
Reply 333
I have loads!!

2 english
4 science
2 maths
2 histroy
1 business studies
1 r.e
2 french
2 welsh
1 tech
2 science isa's

so 19 overall :unimpressed:
Reply 334
Original post by Flo_97
Anyone know how to revise for GCSE Business Studies Unit 2 AQA?

Many thanks

I've found it easiest to print off lots of past papers and try them and then going over them and then revising what i get wrong

also, making a glossary of key words i need to remember

:smile:
Original post by laylarose
12 exams, 2 of which are science retakes :frown: Although the amount of exams I have is tiny in comparison to others!

Biology Unit 3

Spanish listening

Spanish reading

English Literature (modern texts)

Chemistry Unit 3

Physics Unit 3

English Literature (poetry)

History (International relations)

Biology Unit 1 (retake)

History (The USA)

Chemistry Unit 1 (retake)

Maths Unit 3

i did the history USA exam in depth studies in January and the inter war years!
i've got 8 to study for and so far ive only been able to push my self to do two study sessions because a) im a procrastinator and b) i just dont care enough to push my self!
if there are any tips that you have that you use to push your self more, please share?!
Reply 337
hey does anyone have any advice on how i could revise for my french exam. especially the listening because i find it really hard!!!
Reply 338
Original post by laylarose
Biology is awful :frown: The subject itself is fairly interesting but there's just so much content to learn! I got 74 UMS in Unit 1 and 70 UMS in Unit 2 (I'm resitting Unit 1 because it's on a different day to Unit 3, whereas the Unit 2 retake is on the same day as U3)

And Physics Unit 1 was fairly boring apart from all the red-shift and big bang stuff, but Physics 2 is by far the most interesting - you get to learn more about forces and look at nuclear physics and radiation. And Physics 3 is a little more difficult but interesting all the same :tongue:

I agree with you about P1 i hated it but big bang theory was interesting what was ur UMS sore in P1?
Reply 339
Wow that's really awesome! :biggrin: I'm currently doing double as well although it looks as if I'll get AA* instead of A*A* (my aim) :frown: At GCSE how well did you do in the ISA's?

Hi, how many ISAs have u done? If so what did u get in each ISA.

Quick Reply

Latest